Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2012, 22:19   #5236
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Hi Guys. Need some much needed advise from the gurus.

I have a budget of appx. 40k, and i am confused between 32" full HD LED(preferably Samsung) or 42" full HD Plasma(Panasonic/Samsung?).
Pana plasma color rocks.

Get something which supports 3D imho since 3D ones should have better
refresh rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Ok guys, urgent query. Need to get a 22" flat panel TV for the bedroom. Undecided between LCD/LED. Our primary TV is Samsung, and I'm pretty happy with it.

Options (prices in Pai Intl Store. Samsung showroom is quoting 1-1.5k more for all models):

22" LCD : 13k
22" LCD with USB video playback: 14.5k
22" LED: 18.5-19k

Equivalent spec models available in Panasonic, Toshiba and Onida. Price range similar. Warranty is one year only (no extended warranty options). Does these look like good deals?
@ this price you can get 26inch LED Toshiba with 2hr battery backup.

Last edited by jkdas : 5th February 2012 at 22:24.
Old 6th February 2012, 09:37   #5237
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday picked up the Panasonic 50ST30D full HD - 3D TV with 2 3D glass + WiFi keyboard for 85k from the Lajpat Nagar brand shop. Was originally eyeing for VT20D which the dealer was able to arrange for 74k. A quick discussion with Khoj made me to decide on ST30D.

Just for 11K difference why not to by the latest model.

Last edited by v&v : 6th February 2012 at 09:42.
Old 6th February 2012, 22:22   #5238
BHPian

Bought a Panasonic P42X30D 42 inch HD ready plasma for 37k in Cuttack last week. Got 3 years warranty, and a Logitech wireless keyboard free. They also gave DishTV discount coupons but I got Tata Sky HD.

I have a 2010 equivalent of the same model so this was a quick buy as I am very satisfied with my TV. This model additionally has slots for USB sticks (works great for plugging in videos), and some internet sites can be opened directly (useless feature for me, as net connection is not that great yet).

All in all, so far, a happy Panasonic repeat customer.
Old 7th February 2012, 05:00   #5239
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys. Need some much needed advise from the gurus.

I have a budget of appx. 40k, and i am confused between 32" full HD LED(preferably Samsung) or 42" full HD Plasma(Panasonic/Samsung?).

I am not much tech savvy, so really very confused. Both the screen sizes will be fine for the room i want to put the TV in, so bigger the better.

But crisp & clear picture quality is a must. I love watching F1 racing, so blur is a big no-no. I have read about "burn-in" of Plasma tv, is this issue still present in the latest plasma tv's?

Also, Samsung has a concept of Clear Motion Rate? Can anyone throw some light on the same? Which Hz CMR will be best?

Below are a few tv sets i am contemplating buying. You can suggest something else/better:

Samsung UA32D5000PRMXL (Showroom people have the model as UA32D5000. Is there any difference among the two?)

Panasonic VIERA TH-P42U30D (it comes with 3 year warranty)

Please suggest which one will be the best buy, or if there is any other Model which you'd suggest in this budget. I need to make the purchase before this weekend, so request suggestions on the best model.
Any suggestions for the above???
Old 7th February 2012, 11:20   #5240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Burn ins on Plasma is no longer an issue. Go for the Panasonic Plasma. Its sheer value for money. If you read this thread you would find that a majority have bought the Panasonic Plasma one way or the other.
Old 7th February 2012, 14:01   #5241
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Any views about 46" Sony Full HD LCD (Model - 46CX520) vs 50" Panasonic Viera HD Ready Plasma (Model - TH-P50x30D)?

Just at the verge of finalizing the Sony LCD model, but wanted to get some quick views.

Thanks,
Si1ver0ne
Old 7th February 2012, 15:15   #5242
Senior - BHPian

After watching the F1 live here in Dilli, I had to have a BIG screen and got the 50VT20D. No blurring business even on SD channels, HD PQ is in a league of it's own. Using Tata Sky+ but now thinking of switching to Dish HD.

Between the models mentioned the better choice would be the Panasonic VIERA TH-P42U30D (it comes with 3 year warranty).

Quote:
But crisp & clear picture quality is a must. I love watching F1 racing, so blur is a big no-no. I have read about "burn-in" of Plasma tv, is this issue still present in the latest plasma tv's?

Please suggest which one will be the best buy, or if there is any other Model which you'd suggest in this budget. I need to make the purchase before this weekend, so request suggestions on the best model.

This is like comparing a Diesel engine to one running on Petrol. Go with the LCD if you like it. The PQ on a plasma is better but it does consume more power than the LCD.

Do remember to buy the 2 year extended warranty (direct from Sony) from the install team that visits you post purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si1ver0ne
Hi Everyone,

Any views about 46" Sony Full HD LCD (Model - 46CX520) vs 50" Panasonic Viera HD Ready Plasma (Model - TH-P50x30D)?

Just at the verge of finalizing the Sony LCD model, but wanted to get some quick views.

Thanks,
Si1ver0ne

Last edited by khoj : 7th February 2012 at 15:22. Reason: replying to an additional post
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 15:39   #5243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
42" Full HD without thinking.

The size diff when comparing it to a 32 is huge, and the quality diff negligible.

Last edited by Hatari : 7th February 2012 at 15:44.
Old 8th February 2012, 05:45   #5244
Senior - BHPian

is 60hz TV good enough for movies, games and sports or one should get a 120hz/250hz TV?

Last edited by chevelle : 8th February 2012 at 05:48.
Old 8th February 2012, 07:02   #5245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am using VIERA TH-P50V20D for last two years and it has worked wonderfully for us. Panasonic plasmas are value for money and awesome picture and color quality. In comparison we looked at LED and for same size and quality it was costing us twice as much.

LCD are no-no and the picture quality looks like its from a generation behind.
Old 9th February 2012, 00:25   #5246
BHPian

How can one tell which panel the LED/LCD TV has got in Samsung(Series 5 and 6)?
Old 9th February 2012, 16:20   #5247
BHPian

Panasonic P42U30D is not available anywhere in the market.

I guess i'll have to settle with the Panasonic P42X30D. It's PQ is fine, but since i could not compare it with U30D due to its non-availability, I am a bit confused whether to go for the X30D or wait till U30D comes to the market.

How much of a difference will it make b/w HD ready and full HD, considering the feed we get currently from dish HD & tata sky HD(someone told me that they give a feed of 768p only, so it would be fine to buy a HD ready set)?

EDIT: btw, what is the feedback on Panasonic P42ST30D? I saw it in the showroom and it had an amazing PQ(probably because it is 3D as well), having a contrast ratio of 5,000,000 as compared to X30D contrast ratio of 2,000,000? A little over my budget, but seriously tempting. Any suggestions?

Last edited by racingmachine : 9th February 2012 at 16:29.
Old 9th February 2012, 16:30   #5248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
How can one tell which panel the LED/LCD TV has got in Samsung(Series 5 and 6)?
Wouldnt it say in the front of the panel if it is LED or an LCD. BTW if you have seen both you might not even read the panel logo and can make out from the picture quality itself.

Quote:
How much of a difference will it make b/w HD ready and full HD, considering the feed we get currently from dish HD & tata sky HD(someone told me that they give a feed of 768p only, so it would be fine to buy a HD ready set)?
That someone is incorrect, Discovery and National Geographic give Full HD feed 1080p. If you have a choice please buy a Full HD one and not a HD ready one as the picture quality is a world of difference. When we watch movies in 1080p its just pure awesome. Also i cannot say anything about Dish TV, but Tata Sky there are quiet a few channels coming on Full HD (Cricket matches for example) and i am hoping in next 1-2 years most channels will have Full HD versions.
Old 9th February 2012, 16:59   #5249
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

EDIT: btw, what is the feedback on Panasonic P42ST30D? I saw it in the showroom and it had an amazing PQ(probably because it is 3D as well), having a contrast ratio of 5,000,000 as compared to X30D contrast ratio of 2,000,000? A little over my budget, but seriously tempting. Any suggestions?
I recently bought 50st30d. The HD performance is just awesome. if you can stretch your budget , the i will recommend you to go for 42st30d. There is a huge difference in PQ due to contrast ratio its almost 2.5 time.

By the way whats the quot you are getting form 42st ?
Old 9th February 2012, 17:05   #5250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post

By the way whats the quot you are getting form 42st ?
I'm getting a quote between 60-65k from different dealers. What would you suggest?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks