Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 12:25   #5116
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Nope, i don't think so,there is no such logic, i have been there recently, the only thing is that if our customs find it to be expensive they try to take advantage out of it, just stick to the protocol that one can bring almost stuff close to 30000 from abroad, if you have not bought anything else

I got an Samsung LED 32" from there and if you are still there, you can buy the same from MBK Mall, this is the best in Bangkok as AFAIK
I'm stating the official amount allowed.
Rest is obviously Customs discretion. IF they do stop you and check, you will not be taxed upto 15000 baht.
Old 29th December 2011, 02:44   #5117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj
True LED - What is that ?

LED is just the new lighting technology nothing else, the old technology was/is CCFL, the panel will always be LCD for these two back lighting techs.

As far as PQ goes, back lighting is one of the things that has a say in the same. Full array LED equipped panels are able to offer local dimming giving much deeper blacks and greater control over hue which definitely improve the results on screen. However full array LEDs are very expensive at the moment for example Sony HX 925 starting at 1,50,000/- for 46".

Besides LEDs are brighter than CCFLs and it shows. Check the Samsung 8 & 7 series or the Sharp Quattron 830 series. Even though they have edge LEDs they are still much better than the CCFL lit LCD panels.
Yes, by true LED I meant the very expensive one.

Thank you for the info. I am just about start researching on a flat panel for my mom, so this info was useful.

However, I would still prefer an LCD, just for the sake of the lesser price compared to LED lit panels. Blacker blacks, I am sure would not be missed on her SD DTH connection.

MaSh
Old 30th December 2011, 10:22   #5118
J.Ravi

After much dillydallying, I have decided to buy Samsung 40" LED TV UA40D5500RR from flipkart.com, which quotes Rs 56,599, the lowest as compared to leading stores in Bangalore. I have bought many gadgets from flipkart and letsbuy, but this is the first time, I am toying with buying a TV online. Can I go ahead with my buying this TV from flipkart.com? Kindly advise.

Old 30th December 2011, 13:05   #5119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
After much dillydallying, I have decided to buy Samsung 40" LED TV UA40D5500RR from flipkart.com, which quotes Rs 56,599, the lowest as compared to leading stores in Bangalore. I have bought many gadgets from flipkart and letsbuy, but this is the first time, I am toying with buying a TV online. Can I go ahead with my buying this TV from flipkart.com? Kindly advise.
I have also decided on the same television Ravi. Just for your information a new model to this has come out with a price difference of Rs.2000 called the 5900RR.
The only difference is that externally it's much better looking but the trade off is that it has only 2 hdmi ports.
Here in Mumbai i am getting a quote of Rs.57000 for the 5500RR & Rs.59000 for the 5900RR. Still not comfortable buying such a costly buy (for me) from an online store though flipkart is among the best in the country.
When you going ahead?
AvinashV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 08:48   #5120
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
When you going ahead?
Thanks, AvinashV. Just a few minutes back, I ordered online for Samsung 40" LED TV UA40D5000PRMXL with flipkart.com costing Rs 55,040 with a free 3 months Seventymm movie subscription.

Yesterday, I visited Reliance Digital at Mantri Square mall and had a dekho of all the Plasma/LCD/LED TVs coming within my budget and decided in favour of this model. I had earlier taken quotes from Jyothi's and Girias. Flipkart's price was the lowest and unbeatable. Now, the ball is in flipkart's court!

Old 31st December 2011, 13:33   #5121
BHPian

Hey Guys... The 'New TV for New year" bug has bitten me and family very badly. I have been scouting around all showrooms in and around JPNagar for the last 3 days. Visited Aidishwars, Girias, Samsung Store, LG Store, Pai.... Pai favours Sony Models, while Aidishwar favors LG Models.
I have shortlisted 3 options -
LG LW 5700
Sony EX720
Samsung D6600

From the experts here, need advice on which one to go for... Do suggest soon since i plan to book one this evening or latest by tomorrow noon.

What im interested in ?
Excellent Picture Viewing Experience in 2D and HD Channels from SUN DTH.
Good Browsing/Internet experience with loads of apps... I shouldnt feel that Im outdated within a Year or so.
No blurring of images.

All 3 TVs above are of LED Kind and offer Internet Connectivity. The prices are close to each other.

Kindly suggest.
Old 31st December 2011, 21:20   #5122
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, AvinashV. Just a few minutes back, I ordered online for Samsung 40" LED TV UA40D5000PRMXL with flipkart.com costing Rs 55,040 with a free 3 months Seventymm movie
Why the change ravi from the 5500 to the 5000?
The difference is internet tv right? Didn't want the feature or felt it wasn't worth the extra money?
Old 1st January 2012, 08:36   #5123
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Why the change ravi from the 5500 to the 5000?
The difference is internet tv right? Didn't want the feature or felt it wasn't worth the extra money?
I discussed this subject in detail with my family. The new TV is meant for our living room. Since everybody has his/her own laptop, TV may not be used for browsing Internet. Apart from Internet connectivity, there is no other difference feature-wise. So, I selected 5000 that costs Rs 1,500 less.

Old 1st January 2012, 16:47   #5124
BHPian

Hi,

Looking to buy a 40" Full HD LED TV. Considering Sony NX720 primarily for it's Full HD, 3D functionality, monolithic build and Gorilla Glass front. Great looks too.

Flipkart: Sony 40 Inches Full HD 3D LED KDL-40NX720: Television

Anybody has any experience with this?
Or any other high quality make/model matching this specs?

Regards
Rex
Old 1st January 2012, 18:28   #5125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I discussed this subject in detail with my family. The new TV is meant for our living room. Since everybody has his/her own laptop, TV may not be used for browsing Internet. Apart from Internet connectivity, there is no other difference feature-wise. So, I selected 5000 that costs Rs 1,500 less.
Please do share your entire experience - purchase, delivery, installation, demo etc with us. Did you pay upfront or choose c-o-d?
Old 1st January 2012, 20:42   #5126
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Did you pay upfront or choose c-o-d?
In flipkart, the maximum order value for COD is Rs 50 k. So, I paid the full amount by Net banking from my Axis Bank account. Sure, I shall post details of delivery, installation, etc. after completion of the delivery process.
  (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 10:19   #5127
BHPian

I am in market for a 55'' TV for my drawing room.I almost bough SONY KDL55EX720 when I read about plasma beating all other technologies when it comes to picture quality. Now i am confused. I dont see any plasma in 55''.

I also read about 'dead pixels' and now scared.

Its so damn difficult to buy a 'prefect' TV. Sometime i feel like buying good old CRT again.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:21   #5128
BHPian

Quote:
I had decided on the 40D5900RR & was gonna book her yesterday when i saw this model online, i think the 6000SR which has 3-D(which i don't think i'll use or care about) but with a clear rate of 600Hz!!! which is 100Hz for the models you ordered & the one i was planning to buy & the price is almost the same as the 5 series
Did you consider this model during the search period?
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:56   #5129
Senior - BHPian

Those who are getting plasma/led/lcd ; most comes with 1 year warranty and extended warranty comes at premium. For example, friend bought LG55 ( forgot right model, one with passive 3D). Cost him less than 1.5lac few months before. Was quoted 64k for extended warranty.

Old 2nd January 2012, 12:00   #5130
BHPian

Got a panasonic 42 inch plasma (x30)- 34k with 1+2 years warranty. Talk about VFM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks