Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 21:51   #4456
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
how much did you pay for the LED tv?
how is the sound quality
I bought it 4-5 months back for 42K. Now the market price got reduced drastically.
Sound quality is not that great because the speakers are small and down firing type to keep the tv thickness low, but it has got an optical audio out to connect with my home theater. With HT the sound quality is very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Where in Hosur did you buy the TV? I am looking to buy one shortly. Please share the details of the place/ shop. Hope there is no problem with the warranty!
The installation is done by LG representative and there is no issue for warranty. We can also avail extended warranty by paying a specified amount during installation.
I bought it from Prakash Traders Electronics, Shop No: 44, Patwa Plaza, M.G. Road, Hosur.
Another shop also quoted same price -Sharptronics, Aashish Arcade, 73, Old Bangalore Road, Near Puttaiya Petrol Bunk, Hosur.
Old 25th February 2011, 21:52   #4457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
I have bought this from Gaffar Market.
Model No. is la32c450e1
Thank you.
I go to gaffar often and i guessed it must be from there only.
Any contact number or name of the shop?
Also kindly give a short review of the lcd.
Old 26th February 2011, 09:28   #4458
BHPian

Hey Friends,

I donno if there is a thread for this, hence posting here.

I need your help with DTH selections. I currently have the regular tata sky STB with full year package with all channels. The channels package is around 6k for one year with all channels.

Now that I have a HD TV, I was wondering is there is a DTH Service provider worth considering at this point in time. I know there is Tata Sky+, Airtel HD, Reliance digital etc, but these have very few HD channels. But recently DishTV has introduced as many as 30 Channels in Full HD but it is a lil expensive as well. Also I've had a not so good experience with DishTV Service an Customer support in the past.

So which DTH Service prvider is worth looking at for its HD channel packages? Or should I stick to the SD Tata Sky?
Old 26th February 2011, 10:09   #4459
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Friends,

I donno if there is a thread for this, hence posting here.

I need your help with DTH selections. I currently have the regular tata sky STB with full year package with all channels. The channels package is around 6k for one year with all channels.

Now that I have a HD TV, I was wondering is there is a DTH Service provider worth considering at this point in time. I know there is Tata Sky+, Airtel HD, Reliance digital etc, but these have very few HD channels. But recently DishTV has introduced as many as 30 Channels in Full HD but it is a lil expensive as well. Also I've had a not so good experience with DishTV Service an Customer support in the past.

So which DTH Service prvider is worth looking at for its HD channel packages? Or should I stick to the SD Tata Sky?
Zenster, there is a thread dedicated to DTH.

Please check this link to understand more about the DishTV HD.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2254264

@mandheers, thanks for the wishes.
Old 27th February 2011, 15:51   #4460
BHPian

@Just to add to the previous post -- Watching Star Cricket HD Live right now. India vs England on HD on my Series 5 40LCD is just rocking. Sharp, clear , vibrant . which all the channels were on HD.
OT - The Master Blaster hit a 6
Old 27th February 2011, 20:58   #4461
BHPian

Friends,

I need your help with my TV selection, my budget is around 45k. I am tilting towards getting a 42Inch Plasma TV from Panasonic(X series) or LG(Jazz). I have a couple of queries.

1) When it comes to Plasma which one is actually better between these two? When is comes to Specs LG seems to be better, but Panasonic seems to be the best brand when it comes to Plasmas. I will shamelessly accept that I was not able to differentiate between these two when I watched them in the showrooms !! - so I am trying to search the forums also for advice regarding this.

2) Another query is that these plasmas are HD ready, but I can get a 32 inch Full HD LCD in this budget. IF I am ready to compromise on screen size, will the Full HD LCD be a better option? Although this looked like a no brainer to me, I was watching Soccer/Cricket in the showroom and Plasma was better to watch this. But if I play HD movies, then Full HD will be better than HD ready plasma right? So should I base this decision more on the content I am planning to watch?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 28th February 2011, 11:03   #4462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Thank you.
I go to gaffar often and i guessed it must be from there only.
Any contact number or name of the shop?
Also kindly give a short review of the lcd.
Hi,

Yes Gaffar is the right place for the grey market in Delhi.

The prices varies every day, Sony BX-300 was available for Rs. 22500/-that day, but it was selling for Rs. 20500/- around 10 days back.

You can contact one shop at - 25801720

Uneet
Old 1st March 2011, 17:11   #4463
BHPian

As per the union budget, price of led tvs is expected to come down. When does these budget proposals take effect? April 1 onwards?

If the reduction is sizable, then i can wait teill april to buy a lcd/ led tv...
Old 3rd March 2011, 23:46   #4464
BANNED

Is that proposal applicable only for LEDs or for TVs which use LEDs to light up as well??
Old 4th March 2011, 09:50   #4465
Senior - BHPian

They mean "LED Backlight" TVs since LED screens of 24+ inches are not commercially viable.
Old 4th March 2011, 10:25   #4466
BHPian

This budget proposal is applicable to LEDs & not LED TVs so I don't think it's going to have any effect on the LED TV's price.
Old 4th March 2011, 10:27   #4467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
This budget proposal is applicable to LEDs & not LED TVs so I don't think it's going to have any effect on the LED TV's price.
+1. It states LED lights and not TV's.

cheers,
Old 4th March 2011, 11:08   #4468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
+1. It states LED lights and not TV's.

cheers,
The duty reduction mentioned in the budget applies to imported LEDs which, among other things, are also used for (backlit and full) LED TVs.
So this cost reduction should be reflected in price reduction of LED TVs as well as other things which use imported LEDs.
Old 4th March 2011, 14:13   #4469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
The duty reduction mentioned in the budget applies to imported LEDs....
Nope, it's the excise duty that has been cut not the customs duty.As it is , LED panels are not manufactured in India so not going to affect the LED TVs price.
Old 4th March 2011, 17:34   #4470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by partha379 View Post
Friends,

I need your help with my TV selection, my budget is around 45k. I am tilting towards getting a 42Inch Plasma TV from Panasonic(X series) or LG(Jazz). I have a couple of queries.

1) When it comes to Plasma which one is actually better between these two? When is comes to Specs LG seems to be better, but Panasonic seems to be the best brand when it comes to Plasmas. I will shamelessly accept that I was not able to differentiate between these two when I watched them in the showrooms !! - so I am trying to search the forums also for advice regarding this.

2) Another query is that these plasmas are HD ready, but I can get a 32 inch Full HD LCD in this budget. IF I am ready to compromise on screen size, will the Full HD LCD be a better option? Although this looked like a no brainer to me, I was watching Soccer/Cricket in the showroom and Plasma was better to watch this. But if I play HD movies, then Full HD will be better than HD ready plasma right? So should I base this decision more on the content I am planning to watch?

Thanks in advance for your help.
between the two its panasonic plasma
i have two panasonic plasmas and i am thoroughly satisfied.
do not compromise on the size, the bigger the better.
there is going to be no differance between a full hd and hd ready set if the viewing distance is more than 6 feet,so go for a hd ready plasma if you are on a budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks