Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 14:52   #4396
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Got Panasonic 42V20D plasma for 61000 and the picture quality is simply mind blowing. Compared it next to many LED/LCD tv's and this one was the clear winner to my eyes.

The next best I saw was the Sony EX710 LED but somehow the PQ of pana won the final battle.

Waiting for the customer care to mount it to the wall now. Onkyo HTS 3300 has accompanied it as the home theater, just can't get myself away from the AV experience at the moment.
Old 10th February 2011, 23:05   #4397
BHPian

Hi guys
Need your opinion on Vu available in tata chroma outlets. The representative claimed its value for money with good service backup and priced cheap for now as the brand is new. What do you guys think about this. A 55inch LED cost 1lakh including taxes. Has got HDMI port, USB support etc. Lacks blue tooth, DLNA which are not my priorities.
Old 10th February 2011, 23:40   #4398
BHPian

Help Needed !

I have recently purchased a 42 inch LG LED TV ( 42LE5300 ) but the dealer has still not given me the bill with serial number and also the free Tata sky DTH connection. He says some manual ordering is in place for some time and he will be able to give me the bill in two weeks and the free DTH connection offer from LG has not yet started.

Can someone pls. provide me the email address of the noth region sales head of LG as well as the country sales head's mail id or the right person in LG to be contacted for escalating the same.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th February 2011, 23:41   #4399
BHPian

@drrajasaravanan, if spending close to a lakh on a TV, I would personally stick to reputed ones after reading reviews online, compare with competing brands in the store and if the budget is rigid, then compromise in the screen width. Vu has been present for a while but popularity is limited IIRC. I would recommend Plasma in the similar size for the said price from the big manufacturers like Panasonic, Samsung and LG. It may sound like repetition but the best LED I saw was the Sony. Every other LED's were pale in comparison.

Last edited by v.anand : 10th February 2011 at 23:48.
Old 11th February 2011, 01:07   #4400
Senior - BHPian

I bought a Panasonic 32" LCD TV in October last year and it was when the offer was for a free extended warranty of 3 years. They had wanted me to send a proof of purchase with dealer's stamp on it back to them within 2 weeks and I did. I have repeatedly chased them on this and there is no update - I still have not received the extended warranty coupon. I find this quite pathetic. Any ideas on who I can try and reach?
Old 11th February 2011, 13:08   #4401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
@drrajasaravanan, if spending close to a lakh on a TV, I would personally stick to reputed ones after reading reviews online, compare with competing brands in the store and if the budget is rigid, then compromise in the screen width. Vu has been present for a while but popularity is limited IIRC. I would recommend Plasma in the similar size for the said price from the big manufacturers like Panasonic, Samsung and LG. It may sound like repetition but the best LED I saw was the Sony. Every other LED's were pale in comparison.
Sony and Samsung use the same panels from the same manufacturer. Actually speaking Sony doesn't manufacture it's ow panels. Only Panasonic & Toshiba make and use their own.

The panels on Sony are probably made by Samsung; but I will have to reconfirm this. (memory playing truant here) However, both use the same panels; and that's a fact. The only difference is due to the Bravia engine technology which brings the Sony livelier and fuller.

Try a same spec Samsung next to a Sony and you will know; LCD, LED both.

Avoid Toshiba; they are only fit when hooked up on HDMI cables. Panasonic is great and LG for the ones who dont want to spend extra on sound amplification. (LG has the best in class sound outputs)

LG today outsells both Sony and Samsung. And for larger sizes (upwards of 40) there is no beating the Panasonic.
Old 11th February 2011, 13:17   #4402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal.sn View Post
Help Needed !

I have recently purchased a 42 inch LG LED TV ( 42LE5300 ) but the dealer has still not given me the bill with serial number and also the free Tata sky DTH connection. He says some manual ordering is in place for some time and he will be able to give me the bill in two weeks and the free DTH connection offer from LG has not yet started.

Can someone pls. provide me the email address of the noth region sales head of LG as well as the country sales head's mail id or the right person in LG to be contacted for escalating the same.

Thanks in advance.
Where did you buy this from? All electronics need to be sold with bill and stamped warranty if you have purchased from authorised dealer or retailer. If it is a grey market import; which I doubt it is; then you will only get a sellers warranty of 6 months.

I am assuming this has been bought from a retailer since you have a DTH bundled. Dont worry about the DTH, they have outsold owing to this free connection bit and there will be backend issues owing to cricket season around the corner.

You will need to follow up with your dealer ardently to get this resolved as this is also a retailer fault; they sometimes have expired coupons with the starter pack.

Do not go easy on the LED bill though. Visit the LG India website and lodge a complaint or send an email to the effect for records.
Old 11th February 2011, 16:05   #4403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Where did you buy this from? All electronics need to be sold with bill and stamped warranty if you have purchased from authorised dealer or retailer. If it is a grey market import; which I doubt it is; then you will only get a sellers warranty of 6 months.

I am assuming this has been bought from a retailer since you have a DTH bundled. Dont worry about the DTH, they have outsold owing to this free connection bit and there will be backend issues owing to cricket season around the corner.

You will need to follow up with your dealer ardently to get this resolved as this is also a retailer fault; they sometimes have expired coupons with the starter pack.

Do not go easy on the LED bill though. Visit the LG India website and lodge a complaint or send an email to the effect for records.
I have purchased the TV from Vijay sales in Janakpuri. Although i have a manual bill with some challan number, i am not sure how valid it is when claiming repair/return under warranty.

The mail-id listed on the LG website is for service only and i doubt that may mail would reach the right people if i send a mail to the same.
Old 12th February 2011, 07:40   #4404
BHPian

Hi
I need your opinion guys regarding my options
1. Vu 50inch LED, 1,06,000. (not my first choice as i know very less about the company and there are better brands out there). But the cost factor is very tempting.
2. LG LED 47LE4600 73000, along with blue ray player worth 10000. Really tempted to go for this. The owner of the shop is considering to replace the blue ray with a playstation 3 with concessions.
3. Panasonic 50inch p50x20d 63000 and Pansonic P50V20D 1,10,000.
Of all i really like the plasma 50inch from panasonic and X series with HD is definite value for money while the V series has addons which i might not use. I dont see any huge difference between HD and full HD with the clips demonstrated in the showroom. I would be checking it again. So any input or advices from you guys would be much appreciated.
Old 12th February 2011, 09:31   #4405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Sony and Samsung use the same panels from the same manufacturer. Actually speaking Sony doesn't manufacture it's ow panels. Only Panasonic & Toshiba make and use their own.

The panels on Sony are probably made by Samsung; but I will have to reconfirm this. (memory playing truant here) However, both use the same panels; and that's a fact. The only difference is due to the Bravia engine technology which brings the Sony livelier and fuller.
I agree with you, but only partly. Sony uses panels from Samsung as well as Sharp. I did compare the two side by side in the 40 inch LED flavour and the Sony EX 710 looked much better. However, the 46 inch ones looked similar on both and duller.

Samsung held advantage all this while due to the price factor, but this time around the Sony possessed a huge price advantage in comparison, close to 20k in fact. Trust me, 40 EX710 is one heck of a package for 70k.

@drrajasaravanan, of the choice you have mentioned my clear pick is the Panasonic V series. Nothing comes close to it in the picture quality. I would also suggest to go for the full HD in sizes as large as these, it really makes a visual difference. However, the normal SD content from regular cables look better on HD ready models in comparison but do plan and invest on DTH HD to enjoy the full potential of your large screen tv.

Last edited by v.anand : 12th February 2011 at 09:37.
Old 12th February 2011, 16:32   #4406

Are you promised for tatasky HD or Tatasky SD STB?
IIRC LG is offering normal Tatasky STB with its LCD/LED TVs.

We would like to know the performance of 42LE5300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal.sn View Post
Help Needed !

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th February 2011, 20:31   #4407

Hi,

Anyone using free mpeg converter for sony lcd ex series. I have found few on net but they are not good as they take lot of time to convert to .mpg and frame size 1920 t0 1080. Please let me know some good converters for this.

Thanks.
Old 13th February 2011, 03:36   #4408
BHPian

Hi, anybody have any shopping experience with the eCommerce website letsbuy.com, currently ICICI is running a promotion where one gets 10% off (promo code “icicilb”) on all products. With this offer Panasonic 42X20D costs less than 32k.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by nemo : 13th February 2011 at 03:37.
Old 13th February 2011, 11:12   #4409
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I need some advice please.
I was looking at LCD TV's yesterday and the salesman was pushing a Toshiba 32 inch LCD (HD Ready) for Rs. 23K. 3 years warranty. Free Mitashi DVD player. Does this sound like a good deal? How good a brand is Toshiba as far as TV's go? After sales? When I mentioned Toshiba to a friend he was horrified saying it was in the same league as Sansui and Aiwa and not to touch it. I was quite surprised to hear this. I was impressed with the picture clarity. Also Made in Indonesia as opposed to Samsung which was Made in China. The 3 year warranty also had me interested. As of now our cable operator is not giving us HD signals so that's not really important. It will be used mainly to play games via a PS3. Please gurus, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
SS
Old 15th February 2011, 17:58   #4410
Senior - BHPian

Sony USB Wireless LAN Adaptor

Planning to buy Sony LED - 40EX520 and noticed that it supports wireless internet using the Sony USB Wireless LAN Adaptor
I wanted to know if anyone else is using the same and whether it is an accessory worth purchasing. Would it support streaming video from my PC to TV via Wifi?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks