Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 08:11   #4336
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Why isn't anyone recommending Panasonic LCD's or is it that Panasonic excel only in Plasma TV's? I have had a Panasonic HD ready LCD 32" and have been more than satisfied with the performance esp considering that it is 100Hz LCD which was rare a couple of years back.

What about Sharp, Toshiba LCD's, dont anyone ever have a look at these?
Old 12th January 2011, 09:44   #4337
Senior - BHPian

All these companies have nill or very thin after sales network.

Panasonic is trying to build its network, but not there yet. Try calling any of their service centers for replace panels or D/F board, usual wait time is 3 - 4 weeks. With LG or Samsung its next day in Metros and 1 week in Tier 2/3.
Old 16th January 2011, 23:56   #4338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
@msdivy - Your friend can go in for the Samsung LCD LA40C550 (5 series) or the LA40C650 (6 series) both support DIVX playback, direct connection to a USB HDD and can read NTFS partitions. As for the strong panel LG does advertise a person tapping the screen so going by the advert it could be stronger but it would depend if the TV will be wall mounted above the reach of the kids or on TV unit making it more accessible. Have him checkout these two models, he can carry a pen drive with movies to check out the performance.
hey rajesh, long time no talk! hope you are doing well!

I recently picked up a Samsung LED 32 inch 5 series tv (UA325000QM), it was initially between the LG Infinia 32LE5500 and the UA325000QM. Although the LG came with 100Mhz Motion Plus and Bluetooth connectivity, i kind of went with the Samsung only because the LG's LED display is protected by an anti-glare glass which seemed to be very reflective in a bright environment!!

Anyway, i was wondering if you can give me tips on how to get the All Share feature to work? Does it work similar to bluetooth? Can I sync my Nokia to it? I have'nt really browsed through the manuals yet but kind of curious to know how it works!

Cheers!
Old 17th January 2011, 14:31   #4339
BHPian

@Raamki - It has been a long time, all going good here
Congrats on the LED. Well All Share acts like a media server scanning software to help read data from a device running such software.
My setup is as below.
1. Netgear Router (no internet connection)
2. Laptop running Windows 7 with Windows Media Player 12
3. Samsung 40" LCD series 5 with All share
4. Samsung Wave mobile
the LCD is connected to the router via the nic using network cable (as no wifi dongle for the tv)
Laptop also connected to the router via the nic and not wifi
Samsung Wave connected via Wifi.

All the devices are connected and have an ip address provided by the Router.
Scenario 1.
Using the Mobile phone to share pics/video/music
1. From the phone menu, Select Setting-Connectivity-All Share->Play from my phone to another player
2. From the TV remote- Select Menu- the last option has All Share
3. Once this is done, you will see the phone (in my case- Bada-Samsung Wave)
4. then using the TV remote i can browse my phone as per the different option Video, Music, Pictures

Scenario 2.
Using the PC as a media server
1. Setup Windows Media Player 12 to enable Streaming and enable the appropriate network options
2. Have your desired directories containing movies,pics, music added to the WMP12.
3. From the TV remote select Menu- on again go to the last option All Share
4. The Laptop is detected
Use the remote to browse the Music, Video, Pictures shared in WMP12 and play it on the TV
So any device on the network with the required s/w can be managed from the TV.
I find it very useful to stream pics/videos from my phone. As the phone supports HD video recording (720p) the output on the TV is really nice.

I think Bluetooth is more like single file sharing, not sure if you would be able to use the TV remote to browse the device. It would be mainly to just send the file on the device to the TV. Not to sure, please do correct me if i am wrong.

Hope this helps
Old 17th January 2011, 15:30   #4340
Distinguished - BHPian

Does any one have the Samsung LED UA40C6200UR TV. Any feedback on the same would be of help.
Contemplating between this one and the UA40C5000 model. Any views on the same?

Thanks,
Old 18th January 2011, 12:21   #4341
BHPian

Panasonic goes kaput after 2.5 yrs

My 42" Panasonic Plasma started giving greenish images a couple of days back.It is about 2.5 yrs old.The technician from Panasonic(some third party i guess) suggested that the panel needs to be replaced.Which I suppose is as good as buying a new TV.The warranty was only of 1 yr.
He also said that if the 'A' board needs to be replaced it will cost 12-14k.
What should I do,does anyone have customer relationship Manager email at panasonic??
Is there a way I can ask them to repair with minimum damage to my pocket.
Old 18th January 2011, 15:32   #4342
Senior - BHPian

Re: Panasonic goes kaput after 2.5 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
My 42" Panasonic Plasma started giving greenish images a couple of days back.It is about 2.5 yrs old.The technician from Panasonic(some third party i guess) suggested that the panel needs to be replaced.Which I suppose is as good as buying a new TV.The warranty was only of 1 yr.
What should I do,does anyone have customer relationship Manager email at panasonic??
Thats bad. Which model? 2.5 years is not good at all. I doubt if panasonic would do anything considering that it is out of warranty. Anyway, give it a try by contacting panasonic customer care by using the email id in their website.

Thanks for sharing the experience. I need to get my additional 2 year warranty stamped from the dealer.
Old 18th January 2011, 21:31   #4343
BHPian

Re: Panasonic goes kaput after 2.5 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
My 4 years old Sony 42'' LCD Projection got the same problem, the Red from RGB was not working because of this it gave a greenish blue images. Went to the Sony authorized center, after verifying they gave a quotation of whooping 40K to replace the opticals, not worth spending that money, too back the TV.
Old 21st January 2011, 17:56   #4344
naj
BANNED

Hi!,
I am planning to buy a 50" plasma TV. I have visited a few outlets. After a little homework on the net and here I zeroed upon few models of LG,Samsung and last choice is Panasonic due to its cost.

What I have observed is that all models form 42 " to 50" are Hd ready. Samsung and Lg products are mostly out of stock , LG has withdrawn Full HD 50' Tv's and offering in HD ready models only.

Can anyone advice me regarding the same. I am hoping to buy LG 50pj650 HD ready at 61k once it is available.
I also have an offer for samsung plasma series 50c550 at 72k.
Please can any one suggest other options for plasma and also advice Why most plasmas are Hd ready and not full HD .

Cheers,
Naj

Last edited by naj : 21st January 2011 at 17:59.
Old 21st January 2011, 18:39   #4345
Senior - BHPian

@naj wait for few days , Every year every company introduces new model with slight changes and slight change in numbering.

Probably the shops don't have 2011 models yet ( typically launched at 3Q2010) and they are just clearing inventory.
Old 21st January 2011, 18:46   #4346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Anyway, i was wondering if you can give me tips on how to get the All Share feature to work? Does it work similar to bluetooth? Can I sync my Nokia to it? I have'nt really browsed through the manuals yet but kind of curious to know how it works!

Cheers!
Allshare is Samsung brand for DLNA ( google it) it works over wifi radio ( UPNP over WiFi) So you need to buy a Samsung Dongle that can fit in the TV ( If you don't have it already)

I do not know if your Nokia model has DLNA or not, Samsung Galaxy S and Samsung Wave phones have DLNA streaming and you can use them.

You can stream video from your home wifi network if one of your PC acts as streaming server. You need to install a DLNA media server on your PC.
Like this one.

Read this wiki for more info
UPnP Sharing - XBMC

Or you can try this to experience what is DLNA.
A Free DLNA Media Server For Mac, Windows, and Linux
Old 22nd January 2011, 09:19   #4347
naj
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
@naj wait for few days , Every year every company introduces new model with slight changes and slight change in numbering.

Probably the shops don't have 2011 models yet ( typically launched at 3Q2010) and they are just clearing inventory.
Yes Sir !

I feel that I will wait.
Just yeaterday there has been a revision of prices downwards and same will be for Plasmas too. World cup will see the newer plasmas to be launched hopefully.

One thing is surprising though is that these dealers expect us to book the TV without even actually seeing and demo .

cheers,
naj
Old 23rd January 2011, 21:12   #4348
BHPian

Hey Friends,

I wanted review on Philips LCD TVs. I am getting a good deal at a store nereby where-in a Philips 46PFL5505 is available for 53900/- (Quoted MRP was 90k).

I saw some models from Samsung and LG of the similar size for about 70k, which means a difference of about 15k.

It was able to easily detect my USB drive and play DIVX and MKV files. Contrast looked good and sound quality was Good for everyday use.

Please help me understand if this is a good buy. I plan to pick it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,
Zenster.
Old 24th January 2011, 07:23   #4349
BHPian

Bumping Thread! Please help me with this query. Any info on model or Philips LCD TV in general will be helpful.

Also the model is 46FPL5505 and I was told that its 46" diagonal, however the Indian Philips website says that 46FPL5505/v7 is 42" model ?!?!
Old 24th January 2011, 11:07   #4350
naj
BANNED

Hi!
Last Saturday had been to the Panasonic showroom. They have a full hd 42 inch plasma price 69k with internet TV ,usb etc.
Panasonic also has in full hd a 46 (70k)and 50 (80k)incher all in the U series. But that is a old series without internet TV and usb playback but have card reader instead.

I am waiting for world cup discounts .And all the above are with 3 years warranty which is good.
I will take a call around the month end.

Can you folks suggest the typical viewing distances for a 50,46 and 42 inch plasmas?

Cheers,
Naj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks