Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 08:05   #4111
BHPian

High Defination Hollywood in HD on your TV Screen.

Now we can enjoy High Defination Hollywood in HD, on our TV Screen.
now other channels will join the band wagon very soon. Now is the time to go for full HD tv and a HT.

NEWS, COURTESY "THE TIMES OF INDIA".

Cheers.
Old 29th October 2010, 10:37   #4112
Senior - BHPian

Went yesterday to finalise a Plasma BUT suddenly saw a 32'' LCD at a price of 25,990 and when asked what further discount could be given and since the dealer is a distant family relative he said 22,800 !!

This one does not look cheap or flimsy made. It looked top notch and picture quality was excellent.

I then told him the viewing distance from my bed and the TV would be only 6 feet or so and he immediately told me not to take the Plasma as a lot of the viewing would be done by my little kid who is less than 2.

I am very tempted and I told him I am going to come back today and finalise.

The only drawback is this does not have USB. it does have PC Input, 1 HDMI. It is HD.

Check it out here - http://www.lg.com/in/tv-audio-video/...LG-32LD310.jsp

I mainly need it for Tata Sky, Cee Beebies viewing by kid, and I need to connect a 500GB HDD to any USB HDD DVD Player and watch movies via wireless headphone

Last edited by vkochar : 29th October 2010 at 10:40.
Old 29th October 2010, 11:10   #4113
BHPian

Quote:
I then told him the viewing distance from my bed and the TV would be only 6 feet or so and he immediately told me not to take the Plasma as a lot of the viewing would be done by my little kid who is less than 2.
Any reasons - as to why you should not buy the Plasma - I was told, "can watch Plasma from 2 feet distance to 10 feet and it wont hamper viewing"
Old 29th October 2010, 11:16   #4114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Any reasons - as to why you should not buy the Plasma - I was told, "can watch Plasma from 2 feet distance to 10 feet and it wont hamper viewing"
The price is almost double. 23k compared to 43k. And because the distance from the bed to the TV is only a few feet I would not be able to take in full viewing pleasure. 42'' is a tad bit too large for my room I feel.

Anyways going there again in a bit and will decide.
Old 29th October 2010, 11:31   #4115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Check it out here - LG 32 Inch HD LCD Television - Model LG 32LD310 LCD

I mainly need it for Tata Sky, Cee Beebies viewing by kid, and I need to connect a 500GB HDD to any USB HDD DVD Player and watch movies via wireless headphone
This has lower resolution. Check out the LG Monitor/TV which is full HD LG M237WAP LCD Monitor - 23" Widescreen Multi-Function LCD Monitor/TV (23.0" diagonal) - LG Electronics IN
I have one and it is excellent for watching TV at a close distance, and you can use it as a monitor. The number of I/O ensures that you can use it to select sources - Tata Sky, Laptop, PS3 etc. With HD broadcast beginning, I find no reason to get a TV which is not HD compliant.
Old 29th October 2010, 12:14   #4116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
But whatever TV you are getting a good deal on.

For this usage, there would not be any difference in various technologies (LCD/LED/Plasma). Unless you are going to connect Blue ray, this TV has all that you need (it has 720p resolution).
Old 29th October 2010, 12:21   #4117
BHPian

I have finally go the go ahead from my wife to buy a Plasma. I am looking to buy Panasonic Plasma VIERA TH-P42V20D.

Can you please suggest me the shop in Pune where I can get the best deal? I would like to buy this tomorrow so that can take the delivery on Diwali day!!! Thanks.
Old 29th October 2010, 12:28   #4118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Hello. A friend of mine is getting me the LG 32LF20 32" for a sweet price of 23K. I am sure this price is great for a FullHD television. But want to know if anyone has used this model - performance details etc. Also, some sites mention it has a USB port, others don't mention it. Any help appreciated.
Anyone help?
Old 29th October 2010, 12:30   #4119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Anyone help?
where are you getting this model from , i cannot find it any where on the lg website.
is it a discontinued model?
Old 29th October 2010, 12:41   #4120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
where are you getting this model from , i cannot find it any where on the lg website.
is it a discontinued model?
Here 32LF20 Television TV/Audio/Video
There seems to be some loss of communications. This TV is around 38K LG LF 20 LCD TV Price in India - LG 32LF20 32 inch LCD Cost
so 23/28K seems to be suspect.
Old 29th October 2010, 13:52   #4121
Senior - BHPian

the link that you have posted is international website, don't think it is available in India now, check with lg shoppe
Old 29th October 2010, 14:51   #4122
BHPian

33k seems to be actually a steal, I purchased a 42X20D for 37K in Gurgaon. As mentioned earlier also got a Benetton sunglases and watch free
Old 29th October 2010, 15:00   #4123
Senior - BHPian

Brought the TV just now !! Less than 23k for a 32'' HD Ready TV !!

Will upload pics in a bit.

And yes, got a free TataSky connection with it. I needed it. Paying only 250 rs for the installation.
Old 30th October 2010, 08:25   #4124
BHPian

Congrats Varun, what a fab deal.

Now my turn

I am using an Acer H233H (23" Full HD LCD) with my PC for last one and a half years. Primarily used for watching HD / Normal movies, some gaming and browsing.

Now I have option of giving the Acer to a friend at the price of a new 22" display i.e for around 8-8.5K. However I am left with option of 24" Dell LCD with would around 13K or 24" Benq LED which would be around 15K. Now I don't think spending 5K for that 1 inch is good enough deal, however is spending 7k for that 1 inch and LED worth it ?

I am also tempted at looking for 32" LG that Varun has just bought, but I guess the resolution would not be good enough for a PC..
Old 30th October 2010, 08:43   #4125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Congrats Varun, what a fab deal.

Now my turn

I am using an Acer H233H (23" Full HD LCD) with my PC for last one and a half years. Primarily used for watching HD / Normal movies, some gaming and browsing.

Now I have option of giving the Acer to a friend at the price of a new 22" display i.e for around 8-8.5K. However I am left with option of 24" Dell LCD with would around 13K or 24" Benq LED which would be around 15K. Now I don't think spending 5K for that 1 inch is good enough deal, however is spending 7k for that 1 inch and LED worth it ?

I am also tempted at looking for 32" LG that Varun has just bought, but I guess the resolution would not be good enough for a PC..
A 22'' Sony Bravia LCD will cost about 15k.

The 32'' I bought for 22.8 k is fantastic VFM. However connectivity is a bit of a problem. there is PC Input and 1 HDMI BUT sadly no USB. USB model costs a further 8k more than this model and all specs remain same. In that 8k I can buy myself a 500 GB HDD & a Pioneer USB DVD HDD Player with DIVX which plays movies staright off the HDD.

The installation guy could not come yesterday so the LCD is still in the box.

BUT he comes today morning and I can give you a full blown first impression / review by the time this weekend gets over.

I will have my review on clarity with Tata Sky, Netbook Connectivity as I also plan to use it as a PC Monitor if it's clear enough.

I also want to play loads of movies ( mostly .avi format ).

BUT trust me the picture Quality of this LCD was pretty awesome in the showroom.

I see loads of 32'' ( Panasonic, Sansui, Videocon ) which look very cheap in terms of appearance and looks.

This one looked premium enough. Of course looks wise Sony Bravia - Monolithic wins hands down ! BUT it is twice the price.

If one wants a VFM 32'' LCD I will seriously suggest to look at the LG 32D310.

Please note - the price of 22.8 k may not be available to everyone as it is a pretty good discount. However MRP is 26k, so I think dealer would bring it down to 24k at least.

Last edited by vkochar : 30th October 2010 at 08:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks