Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2010, 11:47   #3901
BHPian

Hi All,

So, finally picked up a Samsung 40C550 LCD. It is being installed today.
I was contemplating between 40C550 and 40C630 and finally picked 550 which I felt would be sufficient for my kind of viewing!

Meanwhile, I am looking for a wall mounted TV stand for my CRT - similar to the one in the image attached.

Anyone has a lead, from where I can purchase one in Bangalore? and a tentative price of this?
In Chennai, http://www.jenefas.com offer the same product. Unfortunately they don't do business in Bangalore.

Many thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by menonrajesh : 7th September 2010 at 11:50.
Old 8th September 2010, 12:33   #3902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
Hi All,

So, finally picked up a Samsung 40C550 LCD. It is being installed today.
I was contemplating between 40C550 and 40C630 and finally picked 550 which I felt would be sufficient for my kind of viewing!

Meanwhile, I am looking for a wall mounted TV stand for my CRT - similar to the one in the image attached.

Anyone has a lead, from where I can purchase one in Bangalore? and a tentative price of this?
In Chennai, Jenefas|TV floor Stands|Wall mount Stands|Ceiling TV floor Stands|TV Antenna offer the same product. Unfortunately they don't do business in Bangalore.

Many thanks

Ask any furniture fixture accessory shops they will have it at any case. Or you can contact Ebco.in for the Bangalore dealer.

This is from Ebco.

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-wallmounttvstand.jpg
Old 8th September 2010, 13:41   #3903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Ask any furniture fixture accessory shops they will have it at any case. Or you can contact Ebco.in for the Bangalore dealer.
Thanks @Sajjt. Ebco product is costing around 1600/-.There are a few less expensive options - approx 1k - too available. Will check them out during the weekend.

Cheers
Old 8th September 2010, 14:45   #3904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @Sajjt. Ebco product is costing around 1600/-.There are a few less expensive options - approx 1k - too available. Will check them out during the weekend.

Cheers
LCD swivel wall mount is little different from the one shown in picture which is available at hardware shops for CRT TV. For 40 Inch LCD you need a swival arm with two joint for allowing full movement.

Try home depot I heard that they sell one for 1400 Rs ( for 32 Inch TV) for 40 inch it should be little costlier.

I got one from the Samsung guy who came for installation and it was 2800 Rs. It is not provided by the company but service guys procure it from market and provide it on thier own. It was sheer daylight robbery but I could not find one in the market at that time.
Old 8th September 2010, 14:58   #3905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
LCD swivel wall mount is little different from the one shown in picture which is available at hardware shops for CRT TV. For 40 Inch LCD you need a swival arm with two joint for allowing full movement.

Try home depot I heard that they sell one for 1400 Rs ( for 32 Inch TV) for 40 inch it should be little costlier.

I got one from the Samsung guy who came for installation and it was 2800 Rs. It is not provided by the company but service guys procure it from market and provide it on thier own. It was sheer daylight robbery but I could not find one in the market at that time.
Wall mounting is required for my old CRT TV. I am not planning for a wall mounting for the LCD now as there will be some re-arrangements required on the wall to fix it and then I will be moving into my new home next year. So planning to keep it on the TV stand which has a rotating platform. Ofcourse the LCD will slightly be bigger than my TV stand (open) platform, but decided to live with it for now.

I was told by the showroom that the wall mounting kit comes free with the LCD and he asked me to collect it without fail from the installation guys who come from the factory directly for installation. So do you mean to say, this stuff will not have any movement? My installation got delayed over the past 2 days, but hope to get it done today. Hence this question.

Thanks

Last edited by menonrajesh : 8th September 2010 at 15:01.
Old 8th September 2010, 15:08   #3906
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers

Ebco products are good quality ones with strudy construction. I've seen the other economical choices which have a shaking base due to the strength. CRT TV's are around 10-14Kg so its better to go for a branded one rather depending on a cheaper one. But there can be exemptions too.
Old 8th September 2010, 15:25   #3907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Ebco products are good quality ones with strudy construction. I've seen the other economical choices which have a shaking base due to the strength. CRT TV's are around 10-14Kg so its better to go for a branded one rather depending on a cheaper one. But there can be exemptions too.
I agree with you Sajjt. That last thing anyone would want is to see the whole thing on the floor with inadequate support I was more than happy to see that ebco product has safely belts too.
Old 8th September 2010, 15:45   #3908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told by the showroom that the wall mounting kit comes free with the LCD and he asked me to collect it without fail from the installation guys who come from the factory directly for installation. So do you mean to say, this stuff will not have any movement? My installation got delayed over the past 2 days, but hope to get it done today. Hence this question.

Thanks
Factory mounting kit is without a swival arm , It is a plate which can be fixed to wall with 6 screws and LCD hangs on it.
For CRT TV you can buy from any local hardware store , Costs 900 to 1000 Rs.
Old 8th September 2010, 15:56   #3909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Factory mounting kit is without a swival arm , It is a plate which can be fixed to wall with 6 screws and LCD hangs on it.
Thanks Amit. Let me see if I can trade off the factory mounting kit with a one with swival arm, may be through the factory guys itself - eventhough it is quite unlikely.
Old 8th September 2010, 20:00   #3910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with you Sajjt. That last thing anyone would want is to see the whole thing on the floor with inadequate support I was more than happy to see that ebco product has safely belts too.
These stands were very common at one time. Ensure that the stand can take the weight of the CRT. Further mount it on the wall using heavy duty wall fastener as used to hang Large Geysers. Remember that the swing arm will multiply the force compared to fixed wall mounting. So get the fastener with at least 5-8 time load rating!
Old 13th September 2010, 21:36   #3911
BHPian

guys i am looking for a lcd monitor for my pc and i have shortlisted these two

benq g2420 hd monitor

asus ms236h hd monitor .it is a led monitor .any body using asus and what would you prefer a hd lcd or a hd led monitor
Old 14th September 2010, 10:27   #3912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupinder View Post
guys i am looking for a lcd monitor for my pc and i have shortlisted these two

benq g2420 hd monitor

asus ms236h hd monitor .it is a led monitor .any body using asus and what would you prefer a hd lcd or a hd led monitor
I have a Benq 19" monitor bought over three years ago. It is going strong. I believe that Benq was an OEM supplier to a lot of Brand names. I would recommend the Benq over Asus as the specifications of the Benq are slightly better and at least on the net the price is less.

Before buying check the warranty, repair and replacement (in case of defects) conditions in your town. My new LG developed a column fault and was replaced immediately. Other brands are not so well supported and replacement takes ages to come.
Old 19th September 2010, 16:16   #3913
BHPian

Hi guys, help me in deciding a 40" LCD in samsung. Ruled out sony due to restricted file formats in usb.

Have shortlisted C530 and C550.

C530 is at 55k and C550 at 58k in samsung plaza and croma. But shockingly the 530 model is not mentioned in their website, so reluctant in choosing it. When asked for C550 in croma, the guy sugg to go for C650 model retailing at 64,500. In a dilemma again. Which model should i choose?? C650 or 550??? Help!!
Old 20th September 2010, 12:23   #3914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Hi guys, help me in deciding a 40" LCD in samsung. Ruled out sony due to restricted file formats in usb.

Have shortlisted C530 and C550.

C530 is at 55k and C550 at 58k in samsung plaza and croma. But shockingly the 530 model is not mentioned in their website, so reluctant in choosing it. When asked for C550 in croma, the guy sugg to go for C650 model retailing at 64,500. In a dilemma again. Which model should i choose?? C650 or 550??? Help!!
I too was confused between 550 and 650, but picked up 40C550 since I couldn't justify the extra amount I needed to shell out for 650 considering the amount of my viewing time and also the kind of channels / type of transmission I have. 120hz refresh rate might be a good thing to have, if you are watching sports / high speed action stuffs. But having said that, with 60Hz in 40C550, I am not finding much difference or any issues with similar scenes.

My experience with 40C550 has been good so far, eventhough I have not yet explored all the features to the fullest. However I shall warn you that the speakers are not great with this model and if you dont have a HT connected, you might find the sound very inadequate to enjoy the TV to the fullest. I think the same speakers are there for 40C650 too. Another point I noticed is that, with a normal SD transmision ( I have the connection from Hathway- Set top box) you will require some good viewing distance - min. about 10 feet - to have a pleasant viewing experience. Ofcourse, the viewing distance required will be less for HD transmissions / good DVD / BlueRay videos.

When coming to the purchase of a good TV, I think a lot depends on personal choices rather than the features each TV boast about. So the best way to decide is to find a TV with the right combination your feasible budget and the actual features you will be using in your day-to-day TV viewing.

Last edited by menonrajesh : 20th September 2010 at 12:29.
Old 20th September 2010, 13:01   #3915
BHPian

Hi Pal,

Thanks for the reply. Actually I saw the C630 model. You are right, the difference between C550 and C630 are the clear panel and motionplus. And the price difference is 6k between them.

To my eyes, both were looking the same when viewing Avatar in mkv format. Sound is very minimal in both. But I have a 5.1 speaker, which I can try connecting to them.

As of now, I can rule out C630.

Now the confusion is between C530 and C550. I have double checked in samsung website and C530 is nowhere mentioned under the 40" category. Being this case, should I go for C530 or 550. Price difference is 3k.

Croma doesnt have the 550 and they opted to give me a moto mobile costing 1.5k if I go for C530.

Yet to get some deal from Samsung plaza.

Most Viewed