Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 17:51   #3451
BHPian

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy immediately a 32" LCD TV for bedroom. I've seen LG, Panasonic, Sony etc. Main usage will be Watching Serials, movies and cartoons.

Its so confusing, I don't really know which one to take. Should I go for one giving full HD and with lowest price? What to look for when buying a LCD. This is my first LCD purchase so I don't really know which one to go for. I've read this thread and some people are advising Panasonic but then negative comments regarding their after sales service are also there. We have most of appliances from LG and their after sales service is really good.

Any quick suggestions or pointers which will be a good 32" LCD buy?

-Inder
Old 13th April 2010, 10:48   #3452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy immediately a 32" LCD TV for bedroom. I've seen LG, Panasonic, Sony etc. Main usage will be Watching Serials, movies and cartoons.

Its so confusing, I don't really know which one to take. Should I go for one giving full HD and with lowest price? What to look for when buying a LCD. This is my first LCD purchase so I don't really know which one to go for. I've read this thread and some people are advising Panasonic but then negative comments regarding their after sales service are also there. We have most of appliances from LG and their after sales service is really good.

Any quick suggestions or pointers which will be a good 32" LCD buy?

-Inder
32" would be a slightly bigger for a bedroom. I have a 32" sony in my bedroom but it feels a little large. IMO a 26" or 28" is sufficient for a bedroom. You also save quite a bit on the cost also.

Sony is quite good in terms of value and performance. LG/Samsung/Hitachi/Sharp are also good. In case you go for a 32" then go for Full HD one. In 26" go for HD as full HD wont matter much in this case.
Old 13th April 2010, 12:47   #3453
BHPian

Quote:
Main usage will be Watching Serials, movies and cartoons.
What is the source(s)? I mean if you have normal DTH and DVDp for the serials and movies/ cartoons, go for 720p (HDReady). If you have a media player like WDTV or a HTPC, you can consider a Full HD (1080p). I would suggest, whatever be the source, forget about the 1080p option, and get a HDReady one. For 32" there will be practically no difference. Choose the size based on the viewing distance. Compare side by side different models with same source and similar specifications, and let your eyes decide.
Old 17th April 2010, 21:46   #3454
Senior - BHPian

Even i am in the same dilemma.

Need to gift a LCD to my Mom and Dad. Looking for a 32" one to be used with Tata Sky. Willing to buy something from Samsung or Sony and maybe consider Panasonic as their plasmas are good. Budget is around 30k.

Main use is for watching TV Serials, Discovery Channel, News channels and Cricket Matches.

Please let me know he model number. I doubt they will ever need a Full HD LCD.
Old 18th April 2010, 00:01   #3455
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Looks like even HD ready versions would serve the purpose well. I bought a Samsung full HD Series5 some time back, i like the menu and remote. Since HD ready Series4 has the same menu and remote i would recommend it.

I like the looks of the latest Sony lcd models, they look better than the dated Samsung and LG LCD screens, I have no idea about their performance though.

Please Also remember most DTH service providers will soon offer HD output, you might feel left out then.
Old 18th April 2010, 16:06   #3456
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I am planning to get a LCD TV from Singapore. Am evaluating two models:

Sony KDL40EX400 (app Rs 38,000+)
LG 42LH70YR (app Rs 50,000+)

Any comments? I like the sony with its good VFM, but LG has a great look and slim feel.
Old 19th April 2010, 11:54   #3457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am planning to get a LCD TV from Singapore. Am evaluating two models:

Sony KDL40EX400 (app Rs 38,000+)
LG 42LH70YR (app Rs 50,000+)

Any comments? I like the sony with its good VFM, but LG has a great look and slim feel.
I guess Sony KDL40EX400 already comes in discounted price Rs 38,000 at E-Zone!

The looks of Sony is also good as I've the new EX300 model 32' yeah but not a slim feel as LG!
Old 19th April 2010, 15:17   #3458
Senior - BHPian

My friend got a Panasonic C10 from ezone for 38K. Another friend got it for 40K fromt the showroom itself. I also heard from a friend's friend (not sure if the source is reliable as of now) that one get get the C10 for 35K or thereabouts if you get in touch with the wholesale dealer. Seems he got the number from JustDial where he had enquired about Panasonic dealers in Bangalore!! 35K for a 42" Panasonic Plasma is a sweet deal.

I guess by Diwali, that would be the price unless there's a new model that pops up by then.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:19   #3459
Senior - BHPian

I need 3 LCD's next month. - two 32'' and one 22''

Panasonic C8 - 32'' for app 25k HD Ready
Samsung / Sony - 22'' - 16k approximate.

Any other suggestions ? Budget will not exceed this.
Old 19th April 2010, 19:00   #3460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I need 3 LCD's next month. - two 32'' and one 22''

Panasonic C8 - 32'' for app 25k HD Ready
Samsung / Sony - 22'' - 16k approximate.

Any other suggestions ? Budget will not exceed this.
IIRC panasonic C8 is a old model dosn't have HDMI Inputs..
Look for X9 has 2 HDMI and a glosy body Rest everything same as C8.. cost difference would be 2-3 grands.
Old 30th April 2010, 12:08   #3461

Pv8

I'm getting a panasonic 42" PV8 brand new 2009 model for 32k. is it a good buy at this rate? I mostly watch tv(tata sky) and movies(dvd) once a week. Is it suggested to go for a c10 model or will this pv8 serve the purpose. i guess the c10 is retailing at 38-42k in various cities.
I need advice on this asap.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:28   #3462
Senior - BHPian

Humming sound from Panasonic LCD

I have a Panasonic LCD TV 32" and lately have been hearing a humming sound from the TV but unable to identify the source. I have used the AV signal for the TV and the signal is coming from a AV selector which has a hiome theatre, set top box and Playstation as inputs. The default selection is the signal coming from set top box. When I switch on the set top box I start hearing the humming sound, the sound becoming prominent during channel switching and this goes when the set top is switched off.
I contacted Panasonic & Tata sky regarding the problem and both are blaming the other for the humming sound. Dont know where the source is.
Sometimes feel that the LCD is getting too much heated since it is wall mounted and has very little gap between the waal and the TV which is causing the humming sound.
Can BHPians help.
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:43   #3463
BHPian

Noise from the STB
I used to have with Hathway STB.
Don't hear that after I switched to TataSky
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:04   #3464
BHPian

Check the connecting cables. If the RCA connectors are not properly mating with the sockets, it can result in a hum. Gold plated connectors and sockets (your Panasonic LCD TV will have gold plated sockets) reduce the contact resistance.

Make sure that both the STB and the LCD are run from the same power source to avoid potential ground loop. I have seen in one case - the TV run from one phase while the accessories run from another socket which is connected to another phase causing hum bars.
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:41   #3465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Check the connecting cables. If the RCA connectors are not properly mating with the sockets, it can result in a hum. Gold plated connectors and sockets (your Panasonic LCD TV will have gold plated sockets) reduce the contact resistance.

Make sure that both the STB and the LCD are run from the same power source to avoid potential ground loop. I have seen in one case - the TV run from one phase while the accessories run from another socket which is connected to another phase causing hum bars.
I had actually checked the connections and ensured that they are properly mated. Checked at the LCd end as well as at the AV selector end. Will give it a try again. Had even used an electrical contact cleaner.
Regarding the power source they are different and most probably will remain the same since the LCD is mounted on wall whereas the STB is kept along with the Home theatre in a corner unit. Hence two diff power sources, cant change it coz everything now is concealed wiring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks