Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 15:44   #2356

You can try Pioneer too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I think you should go for Onkyo. Look at their 3105 range. Should be 20k or a little less I suppose without the DVD player.
You can consider Pioneer too. I saw at least 3 sub-20K models at their Ambience Mall shop in Gurgaon.
Old 8th January 2009, 16:03   #2357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps_delhi View Post
..., he told me that though Tata Sky signal is HD, the STB renders it in SD and the results should be as good or better than I was witnessing with the DVD rip. And, going forward, the only thing Tata Sky has to do to offer HD signal is to change your set top box (STB)! ....
Tatasky feed is not HD. Unless content providers create and distribute it in HD, Tatasky, or any DTH providers for that matter, cant do anything about that.

Right now I dont see that happening in desi channels given the cost involved in production, storage and transmission of such high bandwidth data and a possible miniscule viewership. The only option for HD here is when content providers such as National Geographic, Discovery, HBO etc opens their HD feed to DTH providers. This is what happening in most asian markets such as Singapore. Till then lets wait...

Last edited by appuchan : 8th January 2009 at 16:06.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:00   #2358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
Folks,
My PV8 setup at home.
I feel your TV is not set up perfectly horizontal. everything else lines up but the TV. I think cable going up in a slanted manner is creating an extra illusion. Use a straight pipe to conceal it as the least.

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-clipboard01.jpg
Old 9th January 2009, 11:05   #2359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I feel your TV is not set up perfectly horizontal. everything else lines up but the TV. I think cable going up in a slanted manner is creating an extra illusion. Use a straight pipe to conceal it as the least.

Attachment 87232
Vivek,
The plasma was installed using a spirit level, I personally checked it with the level after the install. The cable is slanted as there is not enough space behind the shoe box and I don't want to deal with the crows nest of cable right now.
The setup might look slanted because of the spherical camera lens distorting the image.
Did a double check using a spirit level that comes with my measuring tape, seems OK!!
Seems like you spent some time on my setup, Thanks.
Sandy
Old 9th January 2009, 12:15   #2360
BHPian

i still think the TV is mounted bit high, by about 6'' or so, i checked my setup and it's under 3' and i still do look at the absolute center. Again, it depends on the height at which you are seated but assuming it's of the same height as the center table the TV seems to be on the higher side.

You mentioned you are fine even after 3 hrs of watching so that is what matters. I just wanted to make sure you don't run into RSI risks and also wanted others who are planning to mount their TVs to consider this aspect.
Old 9th January 2009, 17:29   #2361
BHPian

Even my PV8 was mounted at 36" height by the company technician. But it appeared a bit too high, hence called him again and got it re-installed at 26" height (even though he was reluctant and kept on saying that 36" is a standard height). Now I'm comfortable from a sofa as well as when sitting on the floor.
Old 10th January 2009, 00:17   #2362
BHPian

This was my old setup. Just wanted to know what size LCD would fit in the best.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-picture-605.jpg  

Old 10th January 2009, 09:25   #2363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
This was my old setup. Just wanted to know what size LCD would fit in the best.

Cheers
My 2 cents after viewing your setup.

1. Ventilate your bottom shelf and move your Amp/DVD player/Set-top box into the cabinet
2. Remove the 2 plants
3. Ideal would be to lower both the side speakers just a tad higher than your door handle
4. place the center speaker at the bottom of the TV in a horizontal position so that its just below your LCD.

After these adjustments you can fit in a 40" Flat panel. cheers:
Old 10th January 2009, 10:18   #2364
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs Fillmore. Appreciate it.
Old 10th January 2009, 19:16   #2365
BHPian

guys.i am planning to buy a 42' lcd for my bed room.i am getting a good deal on lg's scarlet model.getting it here for 61k.want some valuable feedbacks on this decision.
Old 12th January 2009, 13:11   #2366
BHPian

Get Panny PV80. Your life will never be the same again! ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek View Post
guys.i am planning to buy a 42' lcd for my bed room.i am getting a good deal on lg's scarlet model.getting it here for 61k.want some valuable feedbacks on this decision.
Old 12th January 2009, 13:20   #2367
IMP
BHPian

@prateek though i cannot give you any feedback on the lg scarlet, i would suggest you to read through this thread, maybe you'll change your mind and go for the threads favorite Panasonic 42 inch PV8/PV80 for much less than the 61k LG scarlet.

@speed kills: hard to suggest a size from the picture, size mostly depends on how much money are you ready to spend? what are you going to watch mostly? whats the viewing distance? in that order.
Old 12th January 2009, 13:32   #2368
BHPian

@IMP
Well the size of the room is about 800 sq ft. The movies i watch are mostly action, horror & comedy. Watch a lot of music videos too.
My set-up includes a Nakamachi Amplifier, Nakamichi DVD ( not shown in the pic) & Bose Acoustimass 12 speakers. About the LCD, i want something that fits the space well.

Cheers!
Old 12th January 2009, 14:27   #2369
IMP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
The movies i watch are mostly action, horror & comedy. Watch a lot of music videos too.!
I meant to say what source do you watch the most i.e. cable, STB, DVD, HD content.

Assuming 7 ft viewing distance ideal would be close to 35 inches but you don't get that size so 40 - 42 inches would be fine.
Old 12th January 2009, 14:50   #2370
BHPian

@IMP
It's all HD mate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks