Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 12:40   #2281
BHPian

Im looking for a 26" lcd tv for rather small living room. Any recommendations for a decent 26" lcd tv will be greatly appreciated.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:42   #2282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Congratulations Abhishek. Welcome to the PV80 gang .Do follow the calibration settings for the proper burn in. Its a lovely TV isnt it?
Welcome to the Pana group - from one happy customer to another

Meanwhile i am one Hathway set top box and the pic quality really sucks. Now that we have any choices? Which digital TV did you go for folks?
Old 8th December 2008, 13:14   #2283
BHPian

Congrats to the new PV80 Owners !!

Hey Manish_Agni

Congrats on your new Panny 50PV80 !!! It surely must be fantastic. Yes you got a good price. 106.5k is a good price for the 50PV80. The lowest price I got was 107k from the brand shop here in Chennai and 104k for the same from Devi International, B'lore.

Regarding the difference between full HD and HD-Ready plasmas/LCDs, you should go back a couple of pages, maybe somewhere around page 90 onwards to see what people have said.

Basically it's a marketing gimmick and for normal viewing distances like 10 feet or more, we wouldn't be able to spot the difference between HD-Ready and full HD.

Take a look at this link for more info:

1080p Does Matter - Here's When (Screen Size vs. Viewing Distance vs. Resolution) CarltonBale.com

So don't worry - you haven't missed out on anything by buying the Panny 50PV80. It's a superb plasma. Blu ray discs would look wonderful on it. Ask Jassi on this forum - he uses 2 Sony PS3s to play blu ray disc movies on his 42PV80. I've personally seen this 50 incher on display at E-Zone in Chennai and it's a phenomenal TV. Planned to get this, but I might be picking up a 42 inch first instead, with the 50 inch unit coming in later.

Hey Ego4evr (Abhishek)

Congrats on picking up a Panny PV80 !! Did you get the 42 or 50 inch one ? Anyway yet another member joins the Panny PV80 group as someone rightly said. This group seems to be growing. I think Devi International should now start offering better discounts to us forum members since so many of you have already bought the plasmas from them.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 8th December 2008, 17:08   #2284
BHPian

Thanks a ton every one !!

I got the 42'' , done with all the adjustement for first 100 hours,

Will be buying a pioneer DV610 in weeks time !!

Any suggestion on the DVD player .. frnds..

Regards
Abhishek.
Old 8th December 2008, 23:55   #2285
BHPian

Ego4evr

The Pioneer DV 610 is a lovely player. It would play just about any format you throw at it. It's got excellent reviews on the internet as you will find out when you do some searching. I plan to get the same player shortly as well. Go for it. In Chennai this is available for around 7k grey market, and around 8k with bill and warranty from Pro Audiotronics Bangalore.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 9th December 2008, 15:04   #2286
oss
BHPian

Can we expected any reduction in the prices of LCDs/Plasmas on account of the 4% reduction in excise duty?
Old 9th December 2008, 15:09   #2287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Can we expected any reduction in the prices of LCDs/Plasmas on account of the 4% reduction in excise duty?
I hope not other wise all the guys who got their tv's, incuding me, will be heh heh just kiddin, I have my doubts if this would happen but if it happens good for the guys who have waited
Old 9th December 2008, 15:19   #2288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Yes. Price cuts are in the offing with LG already cutting Rs.1200 on a 75000 LCD. Today's Times of India has details.
Old 9th December 2008, 15:45   #2289
BHPian

Repost:-

Im looking for a 26" lcd tv for rather small living room. Any recommendations for a decent 26" lcd tv will be greatly appreciated.
Old 9th December 2008, 16:37   #2290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superamerica View Post

I'm a big sony fan! i've had a hitachi plasma conking in three years and a samsung LCD which i just don't like the clarity of! My sony LCDs are the best performers.

I think the next bet would be Sharp.
Old 9th December 2008, 21:13   #2291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I'm a big sony fan! i've had a hitachi plasma conking in three years and a samsung LCD which i just don't like the clarity of! My sony LCDs are the best performers.

I think the next bet would be Sharp.
Seems like Sharp has started manufacturing/assembling LCDs in India...I was able to observe lots of difference in the picture quality of the earlier once the the once that are being manufactured in India
Old 9th December 2008, 23:32   #2292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superamerica View Post

In order of preference

Hitachi L26A01A - 34k approx
Sony KLV 26S400A - 34k
Sony KLV 26T400A - 29k
Samsung 4 series 26 inch - 28k

Sony T series is actually a 'cheaper variant' of S series with few features less like just 1 HDMI port (among others) and no real diffrence in panel or image processing.

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 9th December 2008 at 23:40.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:48   #2293
BHPian

Any idea which shops in bangalore sell Hitachi/Sharp Lcds? I found a few shops like ezone having just one model from Sharp and I havent found any having a Hitachi
Old 10th December 2008, 14:54   #2294
Senior - BHPian

I too wanted to take a look at Hitachi before purchasing my LCD, about a month ago. But, I did not find enough information on the stores and models that are there in India. Even the Hitachi India site was not functioning properly at that time. I have not browsed it again though.

I was told that the support for Hitachi is virtually non-existent at Bangalore. I finally settled down for Samsung 40A650.
Old 10th December 2008, 16:08   #2295
Senior - BHPian

Servo Vertex 1 Kv

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
A Stabiliser should never be kept in any sort of enclosed place - esp one made of wood! You will never see an enclosed stabiliser any where - not even in any of the company demo rooms, not in any enthusiasts listening/HT room . It is just not safe. Secondly you need to switch it on and off plus you definitely need line of sight to be able to see the various indicators etc.
I got my 1 KV servo vertex stabiliser (9k) today and its connected to the Plasma and HT now. I can not find an immediate change in clarity or quality, may be I have to sit and watch for sometime and see how each channel is affected. Presently its kept inside the MDF cabin which has just 1 inch empty gap between the stabiliser body to the cabin panels around. It fits well inside, though its against your advise. I might open up the sides of the cabin with a round cutter to allow enough air to circulate. Front display panel is clearly visible as I have dark glass on the cabin front. So I can see the output 3 digits and the LEDs.

One difference in the mode of operation I found is, VGuard comes ON as soon as we switch on the plug point its connected. Servo requires a press on the 'restart' button (output power button). Is it the same with you ? I find it a bit of inconvenience as I have to open the cabin glass door each time I need the Plasma ON. Is there anyway we can get direct output power to the gadgets without touching the stabiliser each time ?

I will update once I find difference in the clarity and quality of the Plasma.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks