Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 21:43   #1996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
500VA won't be enough under all conditions. If you're HT is taking constant 225watts and under variable conditions the panny also pulls in 335 watts at some point in time - then you have exceeded 500 VA (225 + 335). I suggest you keep the HT off the stabilizer.
I got a pure sine wave Su-kam 800va home UPS with a 12v 135ah exide battery, the switch over is instant and my tatasky or the media player works flawlessly without resetting with the panny pv80. Till now i've run the panny with tatsky for over 2 hrs on the inverter without problem.
Old 17th November 2008, 21:46   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Even the Pana shop guy said this is the mojor difference between PV8 and PV80.
wow am i now glad i went for pv80 over pv8 - no scan lines with hathway I can't have tatasky due to dish orientation issues and hathway is the only option, pv8 would have been a no way out disaster for me!!

so for future reference - guys go for a pv80 over a pv8 for better sd viewing
those who have got the pv8, hope you can move to tata sky and alleviate any issues
Old 17th November 2008, 22:36   #1998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I too have Hathway and have complaintswith scan lines, but with TataSky this should be the case. I have seen demo in pana shop with TakaSky and it was far better than my hathway on PV80.
As I said earlier, V-REAL-III PRO on PV80 does a far better job than V-REAL-III on PV8. Thats what we pay 5k more, not just HDMI or SD ports.
Also I found in some forums that V-REAL-III PRO is for high end and just the V-REAL-III is for low end.
So PV80 is more like pitching into the lower end in the high-end line of Pana series.
Even the Pana shop guy said this is the mojor difference between PV8 and PV80.
Guys Guys Guys, hold on, its not as bad as you all thought ! My comment was about the first 2 hours after a self installation. None of the settings were done, nor the fine tuning with the set up box of tatasky. Not only that, I have seen the demonstration at Modern World, MG Road with the DVD and Tatasky. Things were very clear. So, whatever comments I read here on the V real III pro and V real III etc. are (according to me) just marketing gimmicks. I also believe, none of you are getting the equal clarity from a dish as you get it from a DVD connected through HDMI cable.

After fine tuning and personalised settings, I get slight variation only in certain channels (that were not very clear even in my previous TV). I watched 'Kiss of the Dragon' (Jet Li) on Star Movies last night. It was really an amazing experience. I realized it was coming from tatasky only when advertisements came up in commercial breaks. Otherwise its just DVD quality without doubt. Now I am curious to know the HDMI effect. I dont have any gadgets for that. Planning to upgrade the HT and experience the difference very soon.

According to me, PV8 is still the best value for money from pana.

Last edited by shajufx : 17th November 2008 at 22:38.
Old 17th November 2008, 23:52   #1999
BHPian

This is what I found from panny site
Panasonic - ideas for life - V-real 3

Especially this part
Intelligent Frame Creation
In order to deliver you the smoothest possible on-screen motion, our high-end VIERA plasma TVs come equipped with Intelligent Frame Creation technology. Using the formidable computing power of V-Real PRO 3 processor, motion compensated additional frames are created and inserted between the source frames resulting in ultra-smooth on-screen movement. Furthermore, when it comes to original movie material that is shot in 24p format, 24p Real Cinema technology kicks-in and reduces judder ensuring that original content is super smooth!
Old 18th November 2008, 07:29   #2000
BHPian

. Using the formidable computing power of V-Real PRO 3 processor, motion compensated additional frames are created and inserted between the source frames resulting in ultra-smooth on-screen movement.

guys thanks for the information.
i watched pv 80 & pv8 side by side at panasonic showroom with airtel connection.
the pv80 had super smooth picture while pv8 showed judders and horizontal lines.
the sales man dismissed that as connection problem.
now i know the real differance & i am going for PV80
Old 18th November 2008, 10:28   #2001
BHPian

Breaking the Myth!

Hold on guys!
PV80 does NOT have Pro3.
Just go through the link posted above by jassi in thread #1999. It is very clearly mentioned that V-Real PRO 3 processor is used in Full HD models while HD ready ones have V-Real 3.
Also attached is a page from Pana's 2008 Spring Catalogue clearly showing the differences between PV8, PV80 & PY800 series (unable to upload the complete pdf file due to attachment file size restriction).
So that ends the debate whether PV80's PQ is better than PV8's, with a big NO being the answer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pana V Real 3 & Pro3 Models.pdf (55.7 KB, 885 views)
Old 18th November 2008, 11:56   #2002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
Hold on guys!
PV80 does NOT have Pro3.
Just go through the link posted above by jassi in thread #1999. It is very clearly mentioned that V-Real PRO 3 processor is used in Full HD models while HD ready ones have V-Real 3.
Also attached is a page from Pana's 2008 Spring Catalogue clearly showing the differences between PV8, PV80 & PY800 series (unable to upload the complete pdf file due to attachment file size restriction).
So that ends the debate whether PV80's PQ is better than PV8's, with a big NO being the answer.
it does have - read the asia cnet first take
Panasonic Viera TH-42PV80 (42-inch plasma) Preview - TVs - CNET Asia

the link i provided earlier was just for differentiating between vreal3 and vreal3pro - its for UK and there they have px80 not pv80
Old 18th November 2008, 12:10   #2003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wow am i now glad i went for pv80 over pv8 - no scan lines with hathway I can't have tatasky due to dish orientation issues and hathway is the only option, pv8 would have been a no way out disaster for me!!

so for future reference - guys go for a pv80 over a pv8 for better sd viewing
those who have got the pv8, hope you can move to tata sky and alleviate any issues
I think this is a myth. I have a pv8 with Hathway, and my viewing experience has been great this far.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:12   #2004
BHPian

@Jassi,
It does have V-Real 3, but the "Pro" is missing for both PV80 & PV8. In the above review on CNET, he has clearly mentioned:
Quote:
"Lastly, there's the 1080p-tuned V-Real 3 video engine."
Unquote.
And in the pdf attached by me in my previous post, the specs are for asian models i.e. PV series and not PX. There's no doubt that both PV8 & 80 are identical and have the same video processing engines.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:21   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I think this is a myth. I have a pv8 with Hathway, and my viewing experience has been great this far.
from the above link i mentioned from asia cnet - it says v real 3 technology is present - whether pv80 has v real 3 pro and pv8 has v real 3 (non-pro) is still a myth. for all you know both have non-pro. But atleast in UK as per the UK panny link, it does say px8 does not have v real 3 at all !! and all other displays 80, 850 etc have v real 3
Old 18th November 2008, 12:35   #2006
BHPian

here is a good px80 (pv80) review which i read before making the decision
Panasonic TH42PX80 Review: 42" Viera 24p 100Hz Plasma
make sure you read all 6 pages
Old 18th November 2008, 12:40   #2007
BHPian

The Pana brand shop guy told me PV80 is PRO and even in the web I have seen the same in some of the discussion thread. But Panasonic official website says both PV8 and PV80 are just V-REAL 3
Old 18th November 2008, 12:55   #2008
BHPian

Quote:
... for all you know both have non-pro. But atleast in UK as per the UK panny link, it does say px8 does not have v real 3 at all !! ...
Exactly. That is my point. When both have the same V Real3, how can it be possible for PV80 to be better than PV8 in video processing?
Hence I said that pictures looking better on PV80 in side by side or same-source comparisions due to "better" video engine is a myth. The reason for one to be better than the other must be something else.
Old 18th November 2008, 13:12   #2009
Senior - BHPian

Went through the same dilemma. For an additional 6k you get ..

1. SD card with Jpeg facility (I am sure workarounds are there BUT this can be useful)

2. AN extra HDMI port in the front (surely more convenient than dangling a cord in the rear - not to mention the cost of that cord itself!

3. Auto Contrast feature.

4. TWO mounts - a wall mount , and a swivel stand

5. PEACE OF MIND! - Not having to worry about VReal3 /VReal3 Pro and god knows what else!! ( Mind you - all the reviews speak about the PV/PX 80 and not the single digit model .. therefore!!)

Now decide if all of the above is worth the 6k extra. For me it was - and I bought the PV80 - and for 7.75k extra actually!
Old 18th November 2008, 13:17   #2010
BHPian

100 hz ?

is it true that the Pana PV 80 sold in India is not a 100 hertz model , where as similar models sold in europe & US , e.g. P X 80 are 100 hertz models ?

What are the effects on Picture quality , pricing assuming 100 hertz models are introduced in India as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks