Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2008, 21:11   #121
Senior - BHPian

I am a very satisfied customer of BSNL broadband.
Infact when I moved to this new house last month, they said there is no feasibility to get me BSNL connection in this new appt. They also mentioned that due to that they have 2 more "customers" waiting for BSNL in same appt. But I came to know they just went to Airtel, since it was almost a year
But I wanted to have BSNL and after several follow-ups nothing happened. So, just filed a greviene to Min. of Telecommunication and it worked wonders. In next 2 weeks, I got my connection and same day broadband was also activated.
I somehow still feel that the speed is really good with this BSNL compared with airtel for the SAME 256Kbps connection.
Old 28th September 2008, 21:21   #122
Senior - BHPian

What do you guys expect from BSNL, they are a state owned mammoth which has excess employees. I had problems with a normal BSNL landline, a couple of emails to senior management and the regional and local managers were running around trying to solve everything.

If anyone has problems that are not being resolved drop me a PM and I will give your the necessary BSNL email id's. Based on experience I am of the opinion that with large indian companies unless you go to the top nothing gets done. Airtel is another example where going to the CEO appears to kick start customer service.

Last edited by bigman : 28th September 2008 at 21:24.
Old 29th September 2008, 00:23   #123
BHPian

bsnl still follows their GOOD old custom-

my experiment with BSNL:
i am using bsnl broadband since dec 2007. plan home 500c+. my download limit is 1.5gb pm. took bsnl becoz airtel asked me to wait for a month for a new connection.

1).I contacted local bsnl exchage for a connection and they asked me to go regional(something like that) centre which is 6kms away from my location. when i was applying i paid 500rs for registration and asked them thrice specifically, whether i would be charged any installation charge in my first month bill. the lady in the counter (guindy, chennai) told there wont be any extra charges apart from monthly charges.
but i was billed rs1000 in my first month bill for installation. i didnt approach exchange/ asked for explanation, because i know it is waste of time.

2).basically, i prefer to work(and browse) in the night, sometimes till 4am. this june i thought of using the free night time unlimited download(2am to 8am) to the max, and downloaded few softwares, movies, and subject books too. i thought even if the download starts at 11 pm or 1am, and continue till 9am, the 2am to 8am period download will be exempeted from my download account. when i got the bill next month i was shocked as the amount was a cool 3000rs (for ~5gb download 5gb-1.5gb monthly limit. beyond that 80 paise/mb). blamed/cursed myself for opting a bsnl over airtel/hathway/sify and didnt approach bsnl for any clarification becoz i dont have time to run pillar to post. after two months i went to the bsnl exchange for an enquiry (change of ownership- to my wifes name- for tax purpose) i complained abt my bill and only then i realised that i have to log on after 2am (not in ur watch, bsnl time) so as to avail the free night time download. i was not informed abt this during installation.

3). this month i have approached them to change the ownership name, from mine to wifes name and again asked to go to guindy for enquiry (the local exchange gave information but asked me to check with giundy office for exact procedure). i went with my wife thinking that it would be just an formality like signing 1 or 2 forms and have all proofs with me. at guindy office they gave a form and asked to type the same in a stamp paper and get it signed from a notary public.

apart from these, download speed is sometimes 120kbps(mostly night), sometime normal, sometimes dead. i have to rectify everything on my own, since complaining yields only frustration for me, nothing else.
Now planning to disconnect bsnl and taking a new airtel connection in my wife's name.
Old 21st December 2008, 13:02   #124
BHPian

First time in years, BSNL conn returned error 691 on login. Reported a complaint over the the phone.
It was fixed and and got a call from the exchange inquiring whether the connection was working in sharp 14 minutes.
Old 28th February 2009, 23:44   #125
BANNED

I have a 256kbps unlimited airtel broadband connection.

Are my SNR and attenuation rates ok?

DSL Connection Details DSL Line (Wire Pair): Line 1 (inner pair) Protocol: G.DMT Annex A Downstream Rate: 2560 kbps Upstream Rate: 1024 kbps Channel: Interleaved Current Noise Margin: 31.0 dB (Downstream), 13.0 dB (Upstream) Current Attenuation: 16.3 dB (Downstream), 11.0 dB (Upstream) Current Output Power: 11.8 dBm (Downstream), 11.2 dBm (Upstream) DSLAM Vendor Information: Country: {0xB5} Vendor: {BDCM} Specific: {0x9F61} PVC Info: 1/32
Internet Connection Details Connection Type: PPPoE Username: 08040907176_kk@airtelbroadband.in Internet Address: 122.167.29.52 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.255 Default Gateway: 122.167.0.1 Primary Domain Name Server: 125.22.47.125 Secondary Domain Name Server: 202.56.250.5 Domain: airtelbroadband.in Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU): 1492 Gateway Ping: Successful DNS Communication: Successful Configuration Server Post: Successful
Old 15th May 2009, 15:29   #126
Senior - BHPian

Have forgotten the password of DATAONE broadband. Also not very sure about the user name. I have a wireless modemn and its connects automatically when its switched on. I want to find out the usage detail where my Log IN ID and password is required. There is no option of "Retirive Password"

Any idea? I pray I should not be directed to a local telephone exchange for the same
Old 15th May 2009, 15:37   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Any idea? I pray I should not be directed to a local telephone exchange for the same

you have to go to local exchange to get username and password.

GOOD LUCK.
Old 15th May 2009, 15:41   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post

you have to go to local exchange to get username and password.

GOOD LUCK.
Thank you. Will get that done

Will they reset the password or provide the one that was set up them initially, which is something like first 3 letters of email ID and last 4 digits of telephone number. If its latter thats not gonna help me as I remember resetting the same. Then how do i get that?
Old 15th May 2009, 15:44   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Will they reset the password or provide the one that was set up them initially, which is something like first 3 letters of email ID and last 4 digits of telephone number
Password will usually be the first 3 letters of the owner's first name and the last 4 digits of your telephone number.

Userid may be of firstname_initial format. Thats the format of my bsnl user id. Try this combo and see if this works.
Old 15th May 2009, 15:51   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Will get that done

Will they reset the password or provide the one that was set up them initially, which is something like first 3 letters of email ID and last 4 digits of telephone number. If its latter thats not gonna help me as I remember resetting the same. Then how do i get that?
They will provide you initial username and password.
if that does not work, they will give you new username and password, but it will take some time [time taken will be as usual government way].

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 15th May 2009 at 15:52.
Old 15th May 2009, 16:15   #131
Senior - BHPian

Thanks M_S. I have the login mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
They will provide you initial username and password.
if that does not work, they will give you new username and password, but it will take some time [time taken will be as usual government way].
Hope till they activate that new ID & PS, I can continue using BB in similar manner as I do now (auto connect)
Old 15th May 2009, 16:53   #132
BHPian

Your wireless modem(router?) might be remembering login details, in that case its easily retrievable right?
Old 15th May 2009, 17:12   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks M_S. I have the login mail

Hope till they activate that new ID & PS, I can continue using BB in similar manner as I do now (auto connect)
No need to go anywhere.
This method will tell your dataone password.
For this you need to know your router password
1. Go to your router login screen
2. Login to router
3. Go to the screen where you have set dataone password, you should see
Username :XYZ
Password : ********
Press Ctrl+U in firefox browser in this screen. It will show page source. The page source will have your password. Simple
Old 15th May 2009, 19:25   #134
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
3. Go to the screen where you have set dataone password, you should see
Username :XYZ
Password : ********
Press Ctrl+U in firefox browser in this screen. It will show page source. The page source will have your password. Simple
I could not even see my userid on doing all the above.

I did use Firefox.
Old 15th May 2009, 22:44   #135
Senior - BHPian

Call or visit the exchange. and get the portal id. Password is always password. You have to provide them with your landline number.

portalid looks something like this abcXXXddmmyyy,
where abc= any letter they have chosen from your details.
xxx= three letter regn number of that month, this is exclusively yours.
mmddyyyy= the day you got your connection activated.

Please note that BSNL dataone use different id/pwd for connection and different for account management.

With portal id you can reset your dailing password. you can also check usage detail.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks