Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2021, 13:08   #916
BHPian

Re: BSNL BroadBand Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The BSNL person will come and terminate the connection from the black fiber cable into a small white fiber box. The output of the fiber box will be a thin yellow cable with green end which will plug into the ONT router.

You need to buy the ONT router from BSNL only. Cost me around 2800 IIRC. They do not know how to configure any other ONT device. They gave ONT router from company called Genexis. Wifi coverage is poor. So if you want extended coverage then turn off the Wifi and connect an external wifi router to it.
Not really, we just reused an ONT router that was available at home. It's been 6+ months now, and works flawlessly. The JTO reset the Airtel ONT, configured for BSNL and handed it back to us. (Nokia G140W-F GPON router which was lying idle after Airtel's 1 year plan was disconnected)

Last edited by xotiq : 15th December 2021 at 13:10.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 14:36   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Not really, we just reused an ONT router that was available at home. It's been 6+ months now, and works flawlessly. The JTO reset the Airtel ONT, configured for BSNL and handed it back to us. (Nokia G140W-F GPON router which was lying idle after Airtel's 1 year plan was disconnected)
Maybe now they are open to configuring other devices as well. When I took the FTTH connection in mid 2019, they did not have such options
Old 15th December 2021, 23:39   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I spoke to the BSNL person and I have been told that this (https://www.amazon.in/Netlink-HG323D...9460575&sr=8-1) is the modem that they are going to provide. I also raised my concern about the wifi issues with that person. For that she said, those issues will not be there with this modem. I need to pay 3500 for this modem and out of which 2000 will be refunded at the time of disconnection.
I got the connection today. I had opted for 60mbps plan and so far i am getting the same even on wifi. I have also connected an existing wifi range extender to be used in the other room and there the speed is about 20mbps. So far so good, but i will wait for few more days before i can comment on the overall service.
Old 24th December 2021, 16:02   #919
BHPian

Is there any tool which measures the broadband WiFi speed across the day? Need to monitor over a few days and analyze the pattern.

Complaining about slow WiFi speed is not helping. The franchisee has started ignoring the calls despite raising the complaint in BSNL portal. Need to escalate this.
Old 24th December 2021, 17:54   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I got router from a company called Alphion (1443) (cost me 3.5k and no bill till today). ?
Did you get the bill? I have been following with these guys (Snow Network) since last one week and they hardly pick my call. And even after picking, they will disconnect the call by saying that they will check and call me back.
Old 24th December 2021, 19:38   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get the bill? I have been following with these guys (Snow Network) since last one week and they hardly pick my call. And even after picking, they will disconnect the call by saying that they will check and call me back.
I still haven't but they said they will provide if I go to their office. But they have charged more for the modem than the market price. Let me see what they will mention in the bill.
Old 24th December 2021, 19:49   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I still haven't but they said they will provide if I go to their office. But they have charged more for the modem than the market price. Let me see what they will mention in the bill.
Okay, if they do not respond to my calls, may be, i will also think of visiting their office. Just to know, do i need to visit the BSNL office? or do we need to visit this 'Snow Network' office?
Meanwhile, I checked the price of the modem they have provided to you and it is priced at 2999 in Flipkart with MRP of 3499. So, may be, they have charged you the correct price only?
Old 24th December 2021, 21:35   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, if they do not respond to my calls, may be, i will also think of visiting their office. Just to know, do i need to visit the BSNL office? or do we need to visit this 'Snow Network' office?
Meanwhile, I checked the price of the modem they have provided to you and it is priced at 2999 in Flipkart with MRP of 3499. So, may be, they have charged you the correct price only?
In my locality, the franchisee has setup the office in the same compound where the BSNL office is located. Actually it is a telecom dept. quarters.
Old 9th February 2024, 15:23   #924
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Last month BSNL has started converting the copper lines to optical lines on their own.

We have 2 landline connections without ADSL internet. One is used in my dad's office in the basement and one is used for my house in ground floor.

In the house connection point the power supply will not come from the UPS, so I asked them to install the ONT device in the basement since they told that the ONT device have 2 landline telephone connection capbility from a single optical line. The ONT device has 4 Ethernet connectors at the back.

Now they have only connected the office landline and not the house landline. I confirmed this by connecting another telephone and making a call from the mobile.

My dad got an SMS on 30-01-2024 saying that the house landline number is activated. Below is the SMS from BSNL he received (Name & Numbers are truncated for security purpose):
Quote:
Dear Customer, thank you for choosing BSNL Bharat Fiber BB Service.
BSNL is a complete telecom solution provider with a wide range of world class services.
Your details are : Name: UxxxxxxA, Phone No: 080-2657xxxx, Customer Account: 40203xxxx5,
Billing Account: 90342xxxx6, Plan Name: Fibre Basic, Date of Commission: 29/01/2024.
Please download My BSNL App for bill info, payments, support, help,
plan upgrade and activate Cinema plus OTT add-on pack. Your credit limit is Rs3000.
For any queries please contact BSNL Call Center at 1500.
Please dial 1930 to report cyber crime.
Does the Fibre Basic plan come with the internet activated and can I just connect an WiFi router to the ONT device to use this internet ?

The BSNL personnel said the plan price is Rs.299/-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks