Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 16:05   #601
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: BSNL BroadBand Issues

Finally got rid of BSNL. I had subscribed for 4 mbps plan, but i was getting less than 1 Mbps, even after repeated complaint no one bothered. And customer care was just crap. Now i changed to Airtel, took 2Mbps plan, checked the download speed , its 2.1 Mbps
Old 20th July 2011, 18:28   #602
Senior - BHPian

BSNL broadband works quite well for me, except that it keeps disconnecting after every 10 minutes or so. It becomes very frustrating when you suddenly dropped get out of an important conference call.

Has anyone faced this problem? and more importantly, does anyone know solution for this? I don't have very high hopes from BSNL customer care.

Speed is never an issue and it works fine whenever it's connected.
Old 21st July 2011, 07:21   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Service Provider is BSNL.

Hi rki2007, The exchange in my hometown is a very small one, and I'm in good terms with my JE. He tried every possible way from the exchange to no avail. We even tried Wi-Max from BSNL, but that too didnt have the required range near my home. Now, JE says, my home is too far, and the lines are old. So, the only solution is replace the whole lines. Thats the reason, I'm asking about a signal booster.
Where is your hometown.
Old 21st July 2011, 07:50   #604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Where is your hometown.
My home town is in Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad.
Old 21st July 2011, 08:09   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
My home town is in Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad.
Surprising that you face this kinda problem. Back home in Wayanad we don't have any issues with the BSNL broadband line. The closest exchange we have is the Kalpetta exchange and our house is in Kolavayal, Muttil. The only gripe is that when the line goes dead it's gone for good 3/4 days. Otherwise we don't face any disconnect issues.
Old 30th July 2011, 16:48   #606
Senior - BHPian

IP Logger & Mailer

Here's the link to a post of mine, this is about an application I developed to log and e-mail your router's dynamic IP to yourself, whenever there's a change in it.

This allows me to know my home Wi-fi router's IP when I am away from. This is without registering with an external URL mapping service.

I can connect to my home PC's desktop through RDP from my phone using my IP address from anywhere now.

There may be alternate solutions but I wrote it myself for the fun of it. Feel free to download and use!

Last edited by clevermax : 30th July 2011 at 16:55.
Old 31st July 2011, 15:24   #607
Senior - BHPian

Fixed two bugs and better logging in this version.

Release 1.1.0.03.zip
Old 19th September 2011, 19:12   #608
Senior - BHPian

Of late I am having intermittent connectivity issue - The DSL light is always up, the internet light sometimes goes off. This happens 4 or five times in a 10 minute interval and I get a new IP address every time connection comes up. This happening most of the time.

I think this is a common problem in BSNL broadband. What causes this? Noise in the line? Or some issues at the server? Automated complaint booking will help? Any information is appreciated.
Old 19th September 2011, 19:50   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Of late I am having intermittent connectivity issue - The DSL light is always up, the internet light sometimes goes off. This happens 4 or five times in a 10 minute interval and I get a new IP address every time connection comes up. This happening most of the time.

I think this is a common problem in BSNL broadband. What causes this? Noise in the line? Or some issues at the server? Automated complaint booking will help? Any information is appreciated.

Looks like some server issue at BSNL. Wait for a week or so, and then ask CC to look into this. If IP address was not changing, it could have been a line noise issue.

If possible, visit the local exchange, and try to find the Asst. Executive Engineer who will look into things like this.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 10:04   #610
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Finally got rid of BSNL. I had subscribed for 4 mbps plan, but i was getting less than 1 Mbps, even after repeated complaint no one bothered. And customer care was just crap. Now i changed to Airtel, took 2Mbps plan, checked the download speed , its 2.1 Mbps
Again i am back to BSNL, now i realized Airtel is worse than BSNL I had taken Airtel and even after more than a month they did not activate outgoing call even after complaining Nodal officer and so.

Back to BSNL with 4 mbps plan getting around 3.6 mbps. Maybe since i changed my house here BSNL is good.
Old 26th September 2011, 11:35   #611
Senior - BHPian

BSNL is working perfectly for me. Had the issue - DSL line keeps disconnecting. Made a complaint. Checked the Telephone line - it was ok. Had problem from regional server and whole town was affected. After rectifying it , still had problems . Finally changed the MODEM and everything is OK now.
Another suggestion is make sure the telephone dial tone is free of noise , if not ask the lineman to check.
The distance from Splitter to modem should be less than 1m. Kindly reduce the joints and try bringing a direct wire to the splitter.
Old 26th September 2011, 11:51   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Had the issue - DSL line keeps disconnecting. Made a complaint. Checked the Telephone line - it was ok.
Right now, facing the same problem.
Just made complaint,
i am sure, bsnl officer at my place will run to solve my complaint on war-footing.....
.....otherwise......, bsnl officer very well know what he will face later-on.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 26th September 2011 at 11:54.
Old 26th September 2011, 20:49   #613
Senior - BHPian

i have told many time here. BSNL local exchange people may be crap. but people in delhi are super efficient. i have tried many time. complain to the cmd. your local dto/jto will have a very hard time.
Old 27th September 2011, 12:14   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Just made complaint,
i am sure, bsnl officer at my place will run to solve my complaint on war-footing.....
.....otherwise......, bsnl officer very well know what he will face later-on.
Result:
200kb/s right now.
Bsnl officer himself here at my office with his party, changed 300 feet wire and modem.
Old 27th September 2011, 12:26   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Again i am back to BSNL, now i realized Airtel is worse than BSNL .
Lot of customers are realizing this off late. Airtel is having one of the worst customer care among telecos. I am a BSNL broadband user for 4 years and never faced any trouble. In case of any issues, visit the nearest exchange and give a written complaint. You will see fast results.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks