Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 16:09   #271
Senior - BHPian

well, here comes my story as well, i had bsnl broadband facility since last 7 years and was working wonderfully till last year.rock solid but have also learnt that the only problem you have with bsnl is when it stops as nobody there knows what the problem is and starts blame game.Had an issue for 20 days and then last month again for 14 days.Lineman would drop on broadband guy, and he on lineman,Finally called up Airtel that evening, got my wiring and new broadband start within 24 hrs and is been doing awesome.Cancelled bsnl facility.The lineman was there when airtel guy was wiring the line, also offered me to change the whole cable and give them a chance, but airtel was already started.
Till my experience with them, they really miss is the professional attitude with customers which doesnt seem the possibility in coming years.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:17   #272
Senior - BHPian

Same here Vijay!
As long as BSNL line & BB works, it is fine, the moment it stops working, the customer's nightmares begins, thanks to BSNL Customer Support if it all it exists!
Once, I was so fedup with BSNL pathetic service, I called & applied for a Airtel BB connection.
But, unfortunately Airtel didn't have enough ports in my area, so they couldn't give me a connection.
So, I am forced to live with BSNL BB...
Old 18th April 2010, 21:54   #273
BHPian

Its finally working again. I also have a reply to an email I sent. You are free to laugh at the thread below! (I did send a letter to TOI as promised.)

Sir,

I don't think BSNL values their customers. Even the reply to an email took 2 days! Anyway, the connection is working again. Nobody called to confirm that it is working. At this rate, I don't see a very bright future for BSNL. Please remember that customers will always have alternatives and they choose to do business with you, not vice versa. I am still very annoyed with the way I was treated by a person of assistant engineer status. Imagine if this is how senior people conduct themselves, can we expect better behavior (miracle) from the line man?

Warm Regards,
Thomas

-----Original Message-----
To: thomasnibu@aol.com
Sent: Fri, Apr 16, 2010 6:10 pm
Subject: Re: Broadband down for a week

We acknowledge receipt of your mail. The same has been forwarded to BANGALORE Telecom Circle/ Telephones for necessary action with intimation to you.

With Kind Regards
AGM (Cord-1)
CMD SECTT

-------Original Message-------

Date: 14-04-2010 10:30:51
To: cmdbsnl@bsnl.co.in; dirhrd@bsnl.co.in; cvo@bsnl.co.in; rakesh_babu@bsnl.co.in; ddg_pg@bsnl.co.in; ddg_trg@bsnl.co.in
Cc: kt_thampan@yahoo.co.in
Subject: Broadband down for a week

Gentlemen,

It has been a week since our broadband connection has stopped working. We are frustrated with BSNL customer service as no one has bothered to come and check the problem. We have called multiple times and been placed on hold and eventually disconnected. It takes a good 30 minutes sometimes to talk to one of your customer reps who are neither empathetic about the issue nor care about a solution.

The problem is that the ADSL light on the Modem is not working. The call center says that it is a line issue and gives us different numbers to call. No one ever picks up these numbers! Still other numbers are totally wrong! I must have talked to everyone in BSNL by now. When we finally talk to somebody, he turns out to be a know all who claims that the issue is with the modem. You got to change the modem after a year sir he says.
I've checked the line with my neighbors modem and the problem is the same. Show me that it is a problem with the modem!

Someone kindly teach your employees the first lesson in customer service - the customer is always right.

One of us works from home and we have already lost a weeks income because of lethargy/apathy shown by BSNL. How would you feel if 25% of your salary is deducted at the end of the month? I would urge one of you to please solve our problem at the soonest or Friday's issue of the Times of India will have a copy of this letter in the peoples problems section. I am also seriously considering canceling this service which I have had for over 5 yrs now.

The IVR on the phone is pathetic. First you ask us to choose our language. In spite of doing so, the IVR continues to speak to us in all the three languages! Does it make sense? There is also no option to go back to the previous menu.

One of the complaint numbers I have is 04107947. This was opened on the 8th and closed - I don't know when - without fixing the problem. How can you have systems like this that close a complaint without confirmation from the customer? Another compliant number that was given to me is 04108041.

I sincerely hope for your sake that I have not just spat into the air.

Yours desperately,
Thomas

Last edited by triedeverything : 18th April 2010 at 21:56.
Old 19th April 2010, 05:48   #274
Senior - BHPian

For the 4th or 5th time, the BSNL cables have been cut resulting in lost broadband. First it was some house construction, second it was faulty modem, third & fourth time it was again some construction, finally now its with the help of NHAI who cut the BSNL phone cables. What should I do? I once felt like dumping BSNL, but now its not their fault, some joker is making all these issues due to which we're sufferring.
Old 19th April 2010, 12:51   #275
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand. Why does BSNL seem to be having so many issues with its cables? I just heard that somone's landline has been dead for 4 months dude to the cable being damaged during road works (in Poona). 4 months?????? Another friend's landline phone regularly went dead, again due to cable problems on the roads. He got fed up and got a Reliance wireless landline. Many others with the same problem. At this rate, everybody who have BSNL wireline connectionless will get fed up and disconnect sooner or later.

How come wireline pvt. operators don't seem to be having these problems?

Even wireless operators have cables upto the BTS. How come they don't seem to go down?

Last edited by Raccoon : 19th April 2010 at 12:56.
Old 19th April 2010, 13:11   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I don't understand. Why does BSNL seem to be having so many issues with its cables?
No its not with BSNL; someone digs up the earth & damages the cables; after all no cable is unbreakable right?

Quote:
I just heard that somone's landline has been dead for 4 months dude to the cable being damaged during road works (in Poona). 4 months??????
Raccoon, you're making me sound

Quote:
How come wireline pvt. operators don't seem to be having these problems?
Even wireless operators have cables upto the BTS. How come they don't seem to go down?
Right. Makes me think. But I'm assuming that they partly rely upon BSNL where they're unable to implant wires or something like that. Again, this is only a guess.

At this rate I think I've to keep a Tata indicom wireless prepaid broadband (the one that looks like pen drive Whiz) connection as backup. Any info or thread running on this pls?
Old 19th April 2010, 13:32   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
No its not with BSNL; someone digs up the earth & damages the cables; after all no cable is unbreakable right?

?
Whatever the reasons, it is BSNL's job to ensure its services run without issues. Its not my or your job to take care of their cables, right? They really need a hard look at whats happening to their cables and what can be done about it. For all we know, the cables are being damaged deliberately. On the other hand, their officers/management are just putting up their hands by saying its not BSNL's fault and nothing can be done about it. I got this reply from the SDE of my exchange himself!!

In the end, we need a reliable service. How or why explanations will not help us at all. If we work from home, will our excuse of not being able to work due to the net being down help us?
Old 19th April 2010, 13:42   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the other hand, their officers/management are just putting up their hands by saying its not BSNL's fault and nothing can be done about it. I got this reply from the SDE of my exchange himself!!
I got the same answer from BSNL, but they asked me to give a written complaint stating the cables are being cut often & they would take some action. Although I nodded yes, I'm thinking, if BSNL needs to take an action against those who're cutting their cables, why do you want a complaint from a customer stating that? Is that a scene of crime for someone to have giving it in writing for filing a FIR?

Quote:
In the end, we need a reliable service. How or why explanations will not help us at all. If we work from home, will our excuse of not being able to work due to the net being down help us?
Absolutely no. I guess we've to start thinking of backup mechanisms & that's the reason I'm planning for Tata indicom broadband prepaid wireless connection.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:41   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got the same answer from BSNL, but they asked me to give a written complaint stating the cables are being cut often & they would take some action. Although I nodded yes, I'm thinking, if BSNL needs to take an action against those who're cutting their cables, why do you want a complaint from a customer stating that? Is that a scene of crime for someone to have giving it in writing for filing a FIR?
Sounds fishy. The cables on the road are BSNL's property, not ours. They should not expect customers to do all this. Maybe its just a stalling technique. Anyway, do you plan to give it in writing?
Old 19th April 2010, 15:44   #280
Senior - BHPian

from all your posts and mine same experience, it seems that the issues bsnl faces today is of poor resources,non co-oprative pvt. companies who undertakes their yearly maintainence plans for broadband facilities, as instead of solving the issues they want us to run around every babus of the company and letting each one know that the facility is not working.Hope they do better in coming days else are loosing customers for sure.
Ten out of twelve members in my appartments switched over to airtel from bsnl with same complaint in two months.
Old 19th April 2010, 16:08   #281
Senior - BHPian

One major issue are the twisted joints in the wires from the junction box to your house. Four in my case in less than 100m. I managed to get and install a Krone type DB on my wall. Even this they do not use. Every time the jokers come to fix something, in my house or in the neighbourhood they pull out the wires and just twist them. About 10 years ago we did some testing prior to installing ADSL on the IIT Campus and found one prime cause of trouble was the line from the Junction Box to the house. Please note we are off campus. On campus they are getting 300+ Mbps with no sweat on the IIT ADSL LAN.
Old 19th April 2010, 18:05   #282
Senior - BHPian

^^^ What exactly do you mean by "twisted joints"? Do you mean the joints between 2 wires where they keep two exposed wires parallel and twist them; and then maybe cover it with insulation tape?
Old 20th April 2010, 08:31   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe its just a stalling technique. Anyway, do you plan to give it in writing?
Yes, could be a stalling technique. Why would I waste my time on this bunch of jokers? As I've already planned, I'm taking a backup with Indicom prepaid & will charge as & when required when BSNL goes down. But I bet you dollar to beer, no one beats the price of what BSNL offers.

Quote:
Do you mean the joints between 2 wires where they keep two exposed wires parallel and twist them; and then maybe cover it with insulation tape?
Yes, but minus the insulation tape , unless you provide one.
Old 20th April 2010, 15:18   #284
Senior - BHPian

BSNL employees are on indefinite strike from today, details here:
BSNL employees go on indefinite strike - India Business - Biz - The Times of India

Anyway, it doesn't matter much to us, strike or no-strike, all same!
Old 20th April 2010, 15:42   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, could be a stalling technique. Why would I waste my time on this bunch of jokers? As I've already planned, I'm taking a backup with Indicom prepaid & will charge as & when required when BSNL goes down. But I bet you dollar to beer, no one beats the price of what BSNL offers.
I don't think so?! As of now Reliance's BB plans seem cheaper to me.

Quote:
Yes, but minus the insulation tape , unless you provide one.
Ooppss.... very right! Couple of connections in our box are indeed joined that way. Not even insulation tape for the exposed wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
BSNL employees are on indefinite strike from today, details here:
BSNL employees go on indefinite strike - India Business - Biz - The Times of India

Anyway, it doesn't matter much to us, strike or no-strike, all same!
You said it. They anyway on one long strike...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks