Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2010, 18:53   #781
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
hey everybody...i just checked my bill few days back n it says it was bought on 20/05/2009...so yea it is under warranty

now i just called up sony india...n the fellows there are saying that they wont replace my console....as it was purchased from us...i didnt knew this before..else i would have never bought it from us..and they just wont agree to replace my console

so i have an aunt of mine who's from us...she's in delhi these days...so she told me to give my console to her n she will get it replaced when she goes back.....now the problem is should i give only my console to her....or should i give it along wit all the cords,wires n the controller.....pls reply asap as i have to give all the stuff to her till tomorow max.

Just the console needs to be given.
Old 17th April 2010, 21:34   #782
Senior - BHPian

^ Just the cosole and the power adapter should be good while you know for sure that other cables and controllers are working just fine.
Old 18th April 2010, 14:37   #783
BHPian

Are you sure that only console needs to be given??Anybody here who had got replaced ps3..please help
Old 18th April 2010, 14:45   #784
Senior - BHPian

Thats my guess based on past experience with 360 replacement. Why dont you call Sony folks and find out!
Old 26th April 2010, 12:42   #785
Senior - BHPian

The inevitable has happened. I have been wanting to buy the Ps3 for ages now, finally its a reality. Wifey gifted me one yesterday . Its the PS3 250 GB with God of War bundle. Also bought another controller and a copy of Colin Mc Rae2 - a rally game.

Spent a few hours checking out the options and loved the versatility of the device. The real beauty of the Panny has been unearthened thanks to the PS3 + HDMI.

I guess I would need a small ups to connect the TV and the PS3 it to so that power surges dont kill my PS3. Any suggestions?
Old 26th April 2010, 13:55   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
The inevitable has happened. I have been wanting to buy the Ps3 for ages now, finally its a reality. Wifey gifted me one yesterday . Its the PS3 250 GB with God of War bundle. Also bought another controller and a copy of Colin Mc Rae2 - a rally game.

Spent a few hours checking out the options and loved the versatility of the device. The real beauty of the Panny has been unearthened thanks to the PS3 + HDMI.

I guess I would need a small ups to connect the TV and the PS3 it to so that power surges dont kill my PS3. Any suggestions?
Congrats and welcome to the PS3 club. Yup I would definitely recommend getting a good UPS coz power outage can play havoc with your PS3.
Enjoy gaming!!!!
Old 26th April 2010, 14:35   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
Congrats and welcome to the PS3 club. Yup I would definitely recommend getting a good UPS coz power outage can play havoc with your PS3.
Enjoy gaming!!!!
Thanks a lot bro, I am afraid my work might suffer for a few days but thats okay . Will check out some good ups soon.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:59   #788
Senior - BHPian

Just wait till the NATAL comes in....PS3, Xbox etc on way out....
Old 27th April 2010, 08:01   #789
BHPian

^ It is an add-on peripheral for Xbox console and not a new game console.

Microsoft plans to release it well intime for Christmas 2010. A completely redesigned Xbox 360 may also be released alongwith it. The new Xbox 360 however is yet to be confirmed by Microsoft.
Old 30th April 2010, 11:10   #790
Senior - BHPian

Help needed.

I have decided to buy my son (8 years old) a video game kit. I do not want to spend on PS3. So I thought of buying the PS2 slim. Now my questions:
  1. Is the PS2 graphics and performance good? How much does the PS2 games cost on an average?
  2. I have an old CRT TV which can only take RCA connectors (Yellow - Video, White & Red - Audio). Can I connect PS2 slim to this TV? How is the graphics quality on the CRT TV?
  3. I will be moving to a LCD TV sometime later. Will the PS2 look good on an LCD TV? Does it have an HDMI ouput?
My son mostly like to play racing games.

-Biju
Old 30th April 2010, 11:43   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Is the PS2 graphics and performance good?
It is good but not as good as the Xbox or PS3. But for the price that you pay, it is a very good console.

Quote:
How much does the PS2 games cost on an average
On an average original games will cost you around 450 - 999

Quote:
I have an old CRT TV which can only take RCA connectors (Yellow - Video, White & Red - Audio). Can I connect PS2 slim to this TV? How is the graphics quality on the CRT TV
Yes you should be easily able to connect PS2 to this TV.

Quote:
I will be moving to a LCD TV sometime later. Will the PS2 look good on an LCD TV?
I own a PS3 so I can only say that the PS2 wont look that good on the LCD as a PS3 or Xbox. It will be sort of medium quality (with smaller size LCDs upto 26"). If you are really looking at High Definition gaming in future I would suggest you spend a little extra and get the Xbox or PS3 so that you are future proof when you move to LCD. (extra budget of around 11-14K)

Quote:
Does it have an HDMI ouput?My son mostly like to play racing games.
No it does not have HDMI, only RCA output.
Old 30th April 2010, 12:03   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
I own a PS3 so I can only say that the PS2 wont look that good on the LCD as a PS3 or Xbox. It will be sort of medium quality (with smaller size LCDs upto 26"). If you are really looking at High Definition gaming in future I would suggest you spend a little extra and get the Xbox or PS3 so that you are future proof when you move to LCD. (extra budget of around 11-14K)

No it does not have HDMI, only RCA output.
Thank you for answering all my queries. I have never been into video games. I guess if I buy the PS3 or the Xbox then I may not be able to connect it to my CRT TV. And that would mean buying the LCD TV immediately which is not a priority right now.

So I think I will go with PS2 now. Thank you again.

-Biju
Old 30th April 2010, 12:07   #793
BHPian

^^ the PS3 by default comes with the cable to connect to the RCA inputs on any CRT - but yeah you will be tempted to buy a high def tv soon :-)
PS2 is a waste of money - not sure why sony hasn't killed it yet! maybe because the PS3s aren't yet that cheap.
Old 30th April 2010, 15:55   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for answering all my queries. I have never been into video games. I guess if I buy the PS3 or the Xbox then I may not be able to connect it to my CRT TV. And that would mean buying the LCD TV immediately which is not a priority right now.

So I think I will go with PS2 now. Thank you again.

-Biju
Yes You can very much connect the PS3 or Xbox to your existing TV (as they come with default RCA connectors) and play games. So dont worry about that. You can always buy the lcd later on.
My suggestion - If you are on a tight budget go for PS2 else the PS3 or xbox.
Old 30th April 2010, 22:43   #795
BHPian

Sony summoned on FW update 3.21

The United States District Court for the Northern State of California has issued summons to Sony Computer Entertainment America on a class action complaint filed by a Fat PS3 owner for taking away "the Other OS" feature for which he and other users had paid for, by the recent firmware update 3.21 released around 01 April 2010.

An extract from the complaint:

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-fw3.21-complaint.jpg

The full text of the complaint can be seen here .

Though I had downloaded FW 3.21 and also the next 3.30, I have not updated my Slim. So many Slim owners have complained problems on the slim after FW update 3.30. There is still no clarity on the issue/s.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks