Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:29   #1711
Senior - BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
You will have to compulsory buy a gamepass subscription to use the series s and juggle between the installed games since space is limited.
One can buy games from Xbox store even without Gamepass subscription. Subscription will give more free monthly games (to play as long as subscription is active). I am doing the same on my Xbox one S (used exclusively by the kids though, I use the PS5 )
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:33   #1712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
One can buy games from Xbox store even without Gamepass subscription. Subscription will give more free monthly games (to play as long as subscription is active). I am doing the same on my Xbox one S (used exclusively by the kids though, I use the PS5 )
That will be a costly affair, unless the person is only behind a handful of games & not looking for anything else. Gamepass will give them a good choice.
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:55   #1713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That will be a costly affair, unless the person is only behind a handful of games & not looking for anything else. Gamepass will give them a good choice.
Umm not necessarily. Because of the frequent sales that goes on in these platforms (Gamepass and PS Plus). For example, I recently got Gears of War 4 for around 3xx bucks only outright purchase and I think Gears 5 was available for some 7xx bucks. The sales do keep coming regularly.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 19:34   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Do note switch library is geared more towards fun element, kids will love it.
I see Switch is sold over Amazon. Are there any physical stores in India for this brand? Or any other seller better than Amazon.
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:22   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
I see Switch is sold over Amazon. Are there any physical stores in India for this brand? Or any other seller better than Amazon.
Its not officially released in India, so anything and everything you get is a black/grey market import. There are no official stores, but normal game shops may stock it. I do have a few friends who deal in new consoles, if interested can hook you up, you can check for prices what they are offering and go with the best deal, feel free to DM me if you need their contacts.

Some sellers are kind enough to bundle a 30 day or 7 day testing warranty, after that its you on your own.

I bought it used from a known friend, it was V1 (Unpatched), if you know what I mean .
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 01:13   #1716
Distinguished - BHPian

I have bought the Xbox X console during the Christmas sale and have been playing the "Free" games till now.

I'm thinking of getting the Game Pass. Can someone point me to which one makes more sense?

1. Game Pass Ultimate : $16.99/month

2. Game Pass Core : $9.99/month

I'm not an avid gamer and play once in a while. If I roughly peg the time spent on Xbox, it will be about 4-6 hours in a week.

Any pointers would be helpful for deals that I can purchase for a whole year which I think are usually cheaper.
Old 2nd March 2024, 15:29   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Any pointers would be helpful for deals that I can purchase for a whole year which I think are usually cheaper.
I hope you have tried the popular cd keys websites:

https://www.g2a.com/

https://www.cdkeys.com/

While games are heavily discounted, subscriptions not so much. The only gaming subscription I had was World Of Warcraft which costs $15/month.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 2nd March 2024 at 15:30.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 05:16   #1718
Senior - BHPian

1 month Game Pass Ultimate for $4.5, may be worth checking.

https://www.cdkeys.com/1-month-xbox-...box-one-pc-us?

The smart but risky thing would be to buy 5-6 at once and use one after another for next 6 months. Risky because the grey market codes are often required to be activated immediately and not sit on them for long time like you can do with legit ones. Having said that, I know people who have bought multiple of these codes and used them long after purchasing even though these are non stackable.
Old 27th May 2024, 15:55   #1719
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys seeking your help to understand what to buy for my kids. They basically want to play FIFA. I am just not into gaming, and only know that one has to buy a Playstation to enjoy these games. My questions are the following:

1) What version of Playstation should I buy? (budget around 45k, also have the option to get it from Canada in the next 2 weeks)
2) When I check on Amazon I see just one hand console, will I have to buy an additional hand console (need two)?
3) Will FIFA come pre-loaded, or will I have to purchase it separately?
4) What additional hardware would be required?

Thank you!
Old 27th May 2024, 16:25   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
1) What version of Playstation should I buy? (budget around 45k, also have the option to get it from Canada in the next 2 weeks)
PS5 Slim is the latest Playstation, and ideally, you should buy the same. There are two versions of it: digital and disc. Digital is 10k cheaper than the disc version, but I would always prefer the disc version over the digital one. Since you have someone coming from Canada, buy the disc version from there, which would be significantly cheaper.
Quote:
2) When I check on Amazon I see just one hand console, will I have to buy an additional hand console (need two)?
Yes, you need to buy an additional controller. When I purchased my PS4 from Dubai, I got a deal that included an additional controller. I am sure you can find similar offers here as well as in Canada.
Quote:
You need to purchase FIFA separately. FIFA 23 is the latest one, but frankly, any FIFA generation is great if you have played it before.
Quote:
No additional hardware is needed. If the kids later decide they want to play FIFA online, you would need to get a Playstation Plus subscription.

Hope you play some matches with them.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 16:29   #1721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
No additional hardware is needed. If the kids later decide they want to play FIFA online, you would need to get a Playstation Plus subscription.
Thank you!

Will the Playstation be a plug and play for an Android TV?
Old 27th May 2024, 16:36   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, I don’t have one but I guess, you will just need to have a HDMI cable if not included in the box to connect both the devices. Also, a universal adapter in case you buy from Canada.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 21:16   #1723
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

Quote:
Thank you!

The playstation ships with everything that’s required to get it up and running any TV that simply has a HDMI port. Happy gaming 🎮
throttleAddict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 09:51   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys seeking your help to understand what to buy for my kids. They basically want to play FIFA. I am just not into gaming, and only know that one has to buy a Playstation to enjoy these games. My questions are the following:

Thank you!
I'd recommend getting a PS5 Disc edition from India itself, Amazon has many offers running + you'll get warranty, which won't be the case with Canadian version. Alternatively you can check for used PS4 Pro's, if you have CeX store in your city, get it from there they offer a 2 year warranty on everything they sell
If you want to play couch co-op, you'll need another controller, else 1 controller is fine
You will have to purchase the Fifa disc separately, PS5 games are costly currently, PS4 games are cheaper, you can always buy a used game disc regardless of the console, as it makes a lot of sense , you can find them on websites like Gameloot, Gamenation or physical shops like CeX
No hardware required, a power cable and an HDMI cable, controller, cable to charge the controller come with the box itself (Assuming new unit).
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 21:50   #1725
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you!
Never thought I would be giving gaming advice on this forum but I dont mind

I have been playing "FIFA" from 2005. I would say get a PS5 disc version and buy the digital version standard edition of the game (now called FC24 instead of FIFA 24) separately from PS store. You will get a lot of discount that way. Also, the game launches in September every year so it makes a lot of sense financially to get the game after it launches in the months of May onwards. That ways you will get the game for 2.5 to 3k as compared to 6k during September. Also, for online play you would need a subscription to PS Plus. I would say start with a monthly subscription and see how much use it is to you. If its being used for online multiplayer, then get the annual PS plus subscription for a lot cheaper. You would also get monthly 3 free games. I think they released FC24 as a free game a couple of months back.

I know that's quite a bit of information. Hope that helps you.
SlowerthanMaps is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed