Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2022, 20:38   #1606
Senior - BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Hi Folks, need some guidance. A resident in my apartment society has listed his Xbox one X for sale. He is quoting 20k including an extra controller. I have absolutely zero knowledge on gaming consoles, but I wanted to get something for my 9 year old son. He is anyway playing few games like among us and Real racing etc on his iPad, so the idea was to get him used to something like an Xbox or PS4 for the next 2-3 years and obviously if he is really interested and then maybe invest on the latest gaming console at that point of time.

It’s not going to be used heavily, he sort of has a 2 hour limit per day on all gadgets including TV, so I’m assuming he will use the gaming device within that timeframe. Im assuming he would be interested in racing games like GTA etc.

Hence, my questions are as follows:-

1) Considering the usage pattern and requirement, how would the Xbox one X suit him? If I’m not wrong, all games on this are stored on the cloud, correct?

2) How much would a typical game cost, say for example GTA?

This person who is selling the console has a lot of other accessories too, like the Xbox Kinect sensor etc, but I read somewhere that most games off late don’t use this technology, would that be correct?

Any inputs would be really helpful, thanks!
Old 17th February 2022, 20:48   #1607
Distinguished - BHPian

Xbox One X is a great place to start. GTA (Grand Theft Auto) is not a racing game. The best racing games on Xbox are Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsports. GTA is 18+ game and would not advise you to let your 9 year old play it, age ratings are specified on games and games above 15+ will have bad language and 18+ some nudiy too, be mindful of that.

Games are not stored on cloud to play, but need to be downloaded, Xbox One X comes with a 1TB Hard disk. You can dwnload games from Microsoft store on this storage. Games cost quite a bit (4k+) but old games are cheaper (1k-2K) and you can get some good games.

The beauty of Xbox is a service called Game pass, simply put it is netflix of games. You have around 100+ games and once you subscribe to this service you can play them till you are subscribed. It has got a very good collection. You just download them from the collection. The ultimate subscription costs around 800 a month and also include EA games (NFS, Fifa and so on), they have an offer going on where you can get 8 months of ultimate at cost of 1 month, this should be your starting point.

Yes avoid Kinect it has lived it's life. Hope this helps.

Last edited by AtheK : 17th February 2022 at 20:49.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 21:22   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
...A resident in my apartment society has listed his Xbox one X for sale. He is quoting 20k including an extra controller.
Are you sure it is Xbox one X? A new one, with an extra controller is around 55K.

It is extremely hard to get hands on one of these. I will be very surprised if he is selling one for 20K. Please double check everything before the transaction!
Old 17th February 2022, 21:42   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Xbox One X is a great place to start. GTA (Grand Theft Auto) is not a racing game. The best racing games on Xbox are Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsports. GTA is 18+ game and would not advise you to let your 9 year old play it, age ratings are specified on games and games above 15+ will have bad language and 18+ some nudiy too, be mindful of that.

Games are not stored on cloud to play, but need to be downloaded, Xbox One X comes with a 1TB Hard disk. You can dwnload games from Microsoft store on this storage. Games cost quite a bit (4k+) but old games are cheaper (1k-2K) and you can get some good games.

The beauty of Xbox is a service called Game pass, simply put it is netflix of games. You have around 100+ games and once you subscribe to this service you can play them till you are subscribed. It has got a very good collection. You just download them from the collection. The ultimate subscription costs around 800 a month and also include EA games (NFS, Fifa and so on), they have an offer going on where you can get 8 months of ultimate at cost of 1 month, this should be your starting point.

Yes avoid Kinect it has lived it's life. Hope this helps.
Thanks a ton for your super quick reply! You really cleared all my doubts!
Will surely be mindful of the game ratings. So for a monthly subscription, we get to access a lot of games, that doesn’t seem bad at all. Just one last question if you wouldn’t mind, do you think this is ok for a 9 year old kid? Would he have enough games in his age bracket? Lot of his friends keep talking about such games and although we have a fairly strict gadget policy at home, I don’t want him to get left behind. I would rather he plays some games in his set timeframe than watching some YouTube videos or movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Are you sure it is Xbox one X? A new one, with an extra controller is around 55K.

It is extremely hard to get hands on one of these. I will be very surprised if he is selling one for 20K. Please double check everything before the transaction!
I’m seeing deals for 35k with one controller, but availability seems to be scarce.

Last edited by motorworks : 17th February 2022 at 21:43.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 21:46   #1610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It’s xbox series X which is the latest. 20K for a Xbox one x with an extra controller is a fair deal.

Quote:
Thanks a ton for your super quick reply! You really cleared all my doubts!
Will surely be mindful of the game ratings. So for a monthly subscription, we get to access a lot of games, that doesn’t seem bad at all. Just one last question if you wouldn’t mind, do you think this is ok for a 9 year old kid? Would he have enough games in his age bracket? Lot of his friends keep talking about such games and although we have a fairly strict gadget policy at home, I don’t want him to get left behind. I would rather he plays some games in his set timeframe than watching some YouTube videos or movies.

I’m seeing deals for 35k with one controller, but availability seems to be scarce.
Ya just keep a tab on age group and a good idea to see trailers of games before you let him play it, and yes they have games of his age. My son is just turning 8, and I just started to introduce him to xbox and playstation 5.

Last edited by AtheK : 17th February 2022 at 21:58.
Old 18th February 2022, 07:51   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting! Yesterday I was able to book one for 50k (without the extra controller) at Reliance, and was considering myself lucky because I have been trying to get hold of one since a month.

I also found that there are black marketers who are selling the same for 60k.

Where are you seeing these deals for 35k? I'll probably cancel my order and wait for such a deal.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 22:57   #1612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting! Yesterday I was able to book one for 50k (without the extra controller) at Reliance, and was considering myself lucky because I have been trying to get hold of one since a month.

I also found that there are black marketers who are selling the same for 60k.

Where are you seeing these deals for 35k? I'll probably cancel my order and wait for such a deal.
Buddy you are confusing Xbox Series X with Xbox One X, you got lucky to get Series X on MRP, it's a tough find these days!!
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 08:24   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Buddy you are confusing Xbox Series X with Xbox One X, you got lucky to get Series X on MRP, it's a tough find these days!!
Aha! I knew I am missing something for sure. Thanks for clarifying.

I still didn't get the Series X yet. Reliance Digital seems to be cancelling orders. My order has delivery date of yesterday, but still neither delivered nor cancelled.

��
Old 19th February 2022, 11:25   #1614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Aha! I knew I am missing something for sure. Thanks for clarifying.

I still didn't get the Series X yet. Reliance Digital seems to be cancelling orders. My order has delivery date of yesterday, but still neither delivered nor cancelled.

��
Reliance Digital has been notorious for cancelling orders, not only for Xbox but also PS5, seems they always exceed the limit.

Keep at it and do not personally cancel your order, getting hands on another one will be tough.
Old 22nd February 2022, 18:38   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Reliance Digital has been notorious for cancelling orders, not only for Xbox but also PS5, seems they always exceed the limit.

Keep at it and do not personally cancel your order, getting hands on another one will be tough.
And today they actually delivered the box!!
shifu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 18:56   #1616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And today they actually delivered the box!!
Congratulations, you will have a great time, I suggest to start with below games, If you are new to Xbox

1. Gears of war games
2. Halo games
3. Forza Series
4. Doom Series

All of the above are on game pass.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 18:59   #1617
Senior - BHPian

I heard Playstation 5 is coming back in stock. Is it true? Why this shortage in India I wonder? In Dubai you can walk across to a store a buy one (Albeit, at a higher price). Spotted this limited STONE edition with Spidey theme
Attached Thumbnails
XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-470963fd549e415a9015e8c49335aabe.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 19:05   #1618
Distinguished - BHPian

That is as good as selling in black, 1200 USD price for something that retails for 500$, you can also buy at inflated prices in India . PS5 is not available pretty much anywhere in the world off the shelves. The limited edition is also not limited console but seems like a 20$ skin slapped on it.

I was offered 65K recently by a friend's friend for a year old console, when he got to know I am not using it much, it is that much in demand. There was a big drop of PS5 today on Amazon hopefully few of the people who wanted it got it.

Last edited by AtheK : 22nd February 2022 at 19:16.
Old 22nd February 2022, 21:47   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, you will have a great time, I suggest to start with below games, If you are new to Xbox

1. Gears of war games
2. Halo games
3. Forza Series
4. Doom Series

All of the above are on game pass.
Thanks! I should have mentioned this before - this is for my son's birthday next month (10yr old).

I would like to take your advice in figuring out this game pass stuff. I see there are 3 options - Ultimate, PC and Console. Since he will be playing only on the console, I can probably take only the Console option. But I see that doesn't have EA Play. What does EA Play mean? My son loves to play FIFA and NBA. Are those games not available without EA Play?

Thank you for patiently answering the questions of a noob
Old 22nd February 2022, 21:54   #1620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I should have mentioned this before - this is for my son's birthday next month (10yr old).

I would like to take your advice in figuring out this game pass stuff. I see there are 3 options - Ultimate, PC and Console. Since he will be playing only on the console, I can probably take only the Console option. But I see that doesn't have EA Play. What does EA Play mean? My son loves to play FIFA and NBA. Are those games not available without EA Play?

Thank you for patiently answering the questions of a noob
Take the Xbox game pass ultimate for Console, you can do this through the console itself. It includes EA Play membership by default and you will have access to EA games as well, Fifa I think is included never checked on NBA games.

You can see the full list of games included in EA play here

Subscribe to gamepass next month so you don't lose out the benefit for this time, you can subscribe directly from console, once you have created an ID.

Feel free to ask any other question you might have!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks