Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2021, 01:26   #1546
BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post

Then probably you should compare the games list - past as well as future launches on ps4, ps5 vs x as these will be either upgraded or fresh ones on latest consoles.
My favorites are uncharted and god of war series. As these are only on PS system, my choice is straightforward.

Thirdly, the feedback from ps5 controller is something that you should consider. if possible, try both the controllers to decide your pick.
I mean if you don't like a controller, then none of the above points matter.
Yes, a couple of my friends have the PS4 and the Dualshock controller is something one can only describe after experience. The controller feedback and the exclusive titles definitely tilt the scales in favor of the PS5 but availability is a big question mark at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Currently owning both the Consoles. Both consoles are absolute beast. You won't go wrong with either of them. Both do 4K at 60fps and 120fps on few games. Both are backwards compatible, but Xbox has much more games in this regard. Both have super fast SSD.

Overall I have found Xbox to be the go to console, and is cheaper to run over period. I use the PlayStation only for their exclusive games.

Will depend on how you want your console to play, good luck
Hope I have answered your doubts
Thanks for your inputs amrut,
The PS5 does have more exclusive games but it does not have a feature like Game pass ( apologies if i'm wrong about this). This means that I would have to buy/rent a game everytime I want to start something new. I feel Microsoft has nailed it with their Game pass system.

I wish I could do with buying both alas, i'm currently not yet working so any purchase made would be by my father whenever he travels to the US. Once I have a job and feel like I have earned the chance to buy a console, I would definitely like to have the best of both worlds

I think I might decide to try out the Series S considering this is my first time with a console. Or do you guys suggest buying something last gen like a PS4 pro or Xbox one X?
Old 7th March 2021, 13:50   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Yes, a couple of my friends have the PS4 and the Dualshock controller is something one can only describe after experience.
I think I might decide to try out the Series S considering this is my first time with a console. Or do you guys suggest buying something last gen like a PS4 pro or Xbox one X?
Only the Dualsense PS5 controller is better not the PS4, it doesn't mean xbox has a inferior one. Xbox has had the best feel of controller, they have just evolved the design a bit. Last gen vs this gen both Controllers look and feel almost identical, but their are minute changes. They followed why change if it ain't broke formula. Many people have preferred Xbox controller even for PC.
That said PS5 has more features, but controllers are not consistent, many users have started getting stick drifts. Luckily nothing as of now on mine. But a lot controllers are been replaced and its kind of annoying.

Series S is a quite interesting console, if you don't have a 4K screen and are fine with only digital games. This is a goto console. One can get away by just having gamepass.

PS4 pro and Xbox One X both still are very good consoles. Both do 4K and have better graphics than the lower tier ones. Only thing you will miss from new gen is fast load times, ray tracing. But right now very few games doing these.

You can get Pro or One X for a good deal much cheaper than Series S too, try out OLX or someone trustworthy.
Even I am selling my One X, but you stay in other state.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 00:43   #1548
BHPian

This is as per me:
Ps5 - 4k, ray tracing, quick load times ssd
Xbox series x - 4k ray tracing, quick load, resume ssd , gamespass
Xbox series s- ray tracing, quick load , resume ssd, onlyb digital games. , Gamepass
Ps4 pro - upscaled/checkerboards 4k, no ray tracing, more load times, no game pass but affordable game price.(500-4k)

Microsoft is buying out game studiios at frantic pace, and expect several exclusive series s/x titles. Add those to gamepass and ur running cost is lowest when compared to ps5 game price of 5k each.
Old 15th March 2021, 09:23   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavmichael View Post
Got my hands on the PS5 today.
Congratulations on getting the PS5. Sadly the second batch of PS5 may take some time to get here.

Have you tried playing any PS4 games on your PS5. My PS4 is kaput and local Sony service center is not willing to take it since it is out of warranty.

My dilemma - buy a PS4 paying ₹30,000 or go for the PS5 at ₹50,000. I will only be tempted to get the PS5 if it plays PS4 games since I have a ton of them at home. I will be exploring getting my PS4 repaired by 3rd party. I was browsing YouTube a few days back and found one store in Chennai who has a stack of PS3 & PS4 consoles and games. I even thought of calling the owner to ask if he would ship the piece from Chennai to Mumbai.

If the PS5 can play PS4 games, I think I will buy it when it becomes available.
Old 15th March 2021, 13:18   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Makes sense to get the PS5

https://www.playstation.com/en-in/su...ibility-games/
Attached Thumbnails
XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-dcf84cb7d35f4f7d97803fc8539bfb24.png  

Pequod is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 20:25   #1551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Congratulations on getting the PS5. Sadly the second batch of PS5 may take some time to get here.
Thanks Ithaca.
The second batch should have arrived till now but the shipments got delayed. I’ve got news that the next lot should be here by April first week.

Quote:
PS5 has backward compatibility so playing your old discs on the new console shouldn’t be a problem. Some games might even feel better on the newer console. I’d strongly suggest you to wait for the PS5 and avoid getting the PS4.
pranavmichael is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 23:23   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavmichael View Post
PS5 has backward compatibility so playing your old discs on the new console shouldn’t be a problem. Some games might even feel better on the newer console. I’d strongly suggest you to wait for the PS5 and avoid getting the PS4.
Thank you very much for your reply. I will stop looking for a new PS4 and instead I will make sure to pre-order the PS5 when its window opens.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 03:13   #1553
BHPian

To honest right now I am feeling like Rajpal Yadav from Chup Chup ke playing on Xbox.
New studio's from Bethesda have already added 20 games, now a AAA 3rd Party - Outriders will be a Day one on Gamepass.
Already lot of catching up to do since I am away from home. Can't wait to get back and start playing.

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_20200704_183353.jpg
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 18:10   #1554
Distinguished - BHPian

I have an old Wii that was soft hacked when I had the patience to do all that. Its been boxed for about 8-9 years now, and i fished it out today for my 6 year old. It powers on, and the Wiimote does too(doesn't connect though to the console) , but its only to a black screen. I have read now thats a common problem with it. Is there way to fix it up, and does someone here have the expertise to guide me, or give an address
Or is it time to dump it?

Last edited by mayankk : 11th May 2021 at 18:14.
Old 22nd May 2021, 14:17   #1555
BHPian

The beast comes home!!
Attached Thumbnails
XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_2939.jpg  

jeevan007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 08:47   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Hope performance is strong. How did you procure this? Box is in Russian.
And why did you opt for the higher Rs 50K model?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevan007 View Post
The beast comes home!!

Last edited by Sebring : 24th May 2021 at 08:48.
Old 24th May 2021, 18:10   #1557
BHPian

I got it from Sony Center Bangalore. It comes with 1 year Sony India warranty. As I have few PS4 supported physical games and wanted to play them on the latest console. So I went in for the disc version.

Last edited by jeevan007 : 24th May 2021 at 18:14.
jeevan007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 00:12   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Congrats. Hope performance is strong. How did you procure this? Box is in Russian.
And why did you opt for the higher Rs 50K model?
Officially, India gets the the same stock as Russia hence the box is in russian. Grey market has stocks of US, UK and UAE.

As of now, only the disc version is available here so the cheaper no disc version is not an option.
pranavmichael is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 17:39   #1559
BHPian

I was looking for something from old items boxes and look what I have found!!!

For couple of seconds I became excited like a boy

Nintendo 64

Back then my uncle got this from UK and whenever he visits India, he used to get me games.

First thing I did is, switched on the old TV from 2000's and connected it, voila, it worked just fine, I tried only the "Golden Eye" game and I am so glad that it still works. I had two joysticks and only one is with me now.

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-1624189951223.jpg

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-1624189951210.jpg

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-1624189951217.jpg
jonesanto is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 22:30   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesanto View Post
I was looking for something from old items boxes and look what I have found!!!

For couple of seconds I became excited like a boy

Nintendo 64
That, my friend, was the subject of wet dreams for a generation of teens!

I used to have a NES/ Famicom in the early 90’s - wish I’d taken the pain to maintain it, the nostalgia it evokes is priceless.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks