Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2011, 22:19   #271
RAC
BHPian

Re: Which DVD Player to buy in India?

[quote=Newpunter;2221614]I need a little help here. My DVD player has gone bust and i'm looking for a cheap DVD player. I have found the following Blu Ray players in my search which look very VFM. I am tempted to buy the LG model as it seems very VFM with all the necessary features.
Which is the best option among the below four ? I am looking for maximum features at minimum price :
LG BD550 @ 5,990
http://ezone.futurebazaar.com/Produc...Player/2449248

QUOTE]

I just clicked on the link and the price quoted for LG BD550 is Rs. 7490/00. Did they offer you further discount or is it a typo?
Old 4th October 2011, 16:42   #272
BHPian

Good quality dvd player?

My Panasonic BD110 can not play PAL dvd discs so I'm looking for a good quality dvd player with few must have features like HDMI output, optical/digital coaxial output, progressive scan etc.

Which one will be better option....

1.Philips DVP3886/3888.....it plays almost every format
2.Panasonic S685......will go well with Pany BDP110
3.Samsung dvd D530.....will go well with Samsung LED TV..Anynet+(HDMI CEC)

Any other model worth the look apart from these three,plz help?

Last edited by rsjaurr : 4th October 2011 at 16:43.
Old 4th October 2011, 18:14   #273
BHPian

Re: Good quality dvd player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
My Panasonic BD110 can not play PAL dvd discs so I'm looking for a good quality dvd player with few must have features like HDMI output, optical/digital coaxial output, progressive scan etc.

I bought Philips DVP3886 from Croma in Pune, 3 months back. it's really fantastic service wise and playback.
I am just regretting now as this doesn't play mkv and HD files which i am using a lot from last month since i bought my new HD camcorder.
Old 4th October 2011, 19:27   #274
BHPian

Quote:

Just checked the Sony India Site, the below listed models have all the features you are looking for
DVP-SR750HP
DVP-SR700HP
DVP-NS728HP/B

Here is their features comparison
Product Comparison : DVD Player : Sony India

If you want mkv playback, then check out the BluRay players from panasonic or sony.
Old 4th October 2011, 22:00   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I bought Philips DVP3886 from Croma in Pune, 3 months back. it's really fantastic service wise and playback.
I am just regretting now as this doesn't play mkv and HD files which i am using a lot from last month since i bought my new HD camcorder.
How much did you pay for it?How is its PQ? I'm not too concerned with MKV playback coz my BD player can play these files.There is another model 3888 but 500Rs more expensive,what is the main difference between these two?

@Rajeswaran-I went through this thread and found that fellow t-bhpian have recommended Philips,Pioneer,Panasonic and Samsung but not LG/Sony.Even I don't like Sony products that much.

Has anyone here bought Samsung D530 DVD player?Any feedback on Panasonic 685,cheapest of all three?
Old 27th November 2011, 22:08   #276
BHPian

Quote:
How much did you pay for it?How is its PQ? I'm not too concerned with MKV playback coz my BD player can play these files.There is another model 3888 but 500Rs more expensive,what is the main difference between these two?

@Rajeswaran-I went through this thread and found that fellow t-bhpian have recommended Philips,Pioneer,Panasonic and Samsung but not LG/Sony.Even I don't like Sony products that much.

Has anyone here bought Samsung D530 DVD player?Any feedback on Panasonic 685,cheapest of all three?
Even I am in same dilemma of buying the Panasonic S685 player. Specs look good and price is VFM as well. Just awaiting some general reviews. I have a Samsung LCD so not sure how the Samsung-Panasonic combo will work.
Old 14th December 2011, 08:22   #277
BHPian

Went ahead and bought the Panasonic DVD Player S685 last weekend. Build is good, very light and compact in size. Has a HDMI port to upscale DVD movies to 1080p( havent checked it out since I don't have a HDMI cable). There is a front USB which can read movies in divx and avi format, mp3 and jpeg pics. Small handy remote is also provided.

The only thing I hated was the GUI of the player. It's like way back in the early 90's with crappy font. I feel my old Sony player which I had in 2008-2009 had a better interface. I am not sure how the Philips and Samsung players are in GUI.
Till now the current best GUI is found in the Sony Blu-ray players. It resembles that of the PS3!

Cheers
Srinath
Old 26th January 2012, 09:45   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any DVD player in India with Div-X, USB & FM tuner ? Also looking for one that has fairly good audio /video processing, and at a budget price.
Old 11th February 2012, 14:01   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Am looking for a player that will read .mkv files. I searched the net and found two players that matches my budget.

1) Philips BDP2600/94 Blu Ray Player - 7999/- , 4999/- on flipkart
2) Samsung BD-D5100 - 6900

I wont be using HDMI cable as of now since my tv doesnt have one. Am basically looking to play .mkv files using HDD and USB since I have around 600 movies in .mkv format.

Samsung looks good when compared to Philips.

Kindly suggest which one to go for or is there any other .mkv player that is under 10k. Am planning to buy in a couple of days.
Old 5th June 2013, 09:33   #280
BHPian

So my mom has finally discovered that you can store many songs and movies on a hard drive and her friends at Kitty Party told her that now you can play movies and songs via hard drive with a DVD player, so she wants me to buy a new DVD player (Hard drive is already taken care of).

I told her to go for an LED/LCD TV with USB support, but she just loves her 29 inch CRT TV too much which was a gift from her dearly departed sister. So this led me to looking out for a replacement of our 3 year old Philips DVD player (minus USB) to a new DVD player with USB support. So the (obvious) requirements are as follows:

1. Budget under 3K

2. Should play most of the video formats. (Including 720p Brrips)

3. Should have a 5.1 support

4. Should be able to support a 1TB hard drive. (If not that, then 500GB would do too)

5. Radio, MP3 and JPEGs are a must
Old 9th June 2013, 11:12   #281
ppr
BHPian

I am not sure you will get a media playing DVD player in that budget. Why not get a media player, which will play more formats and easier to use?
Old 15th November 2015, 19:50   #282
Senior - BHPian

Reopening an old thread.

My DVD player has conked off, and I'm planning to buy a new one. My requirements are:

- No region locking. My DVD collection includes stuff I bought while living in Europe and India; so there are both region 2 and region 5 DVDs. I'd like to play them all.

- No need for Blu-ray. Don't have any discs, and don't think I'll ever start spending 2K+ on single movies. :-)

- HDMI output.

- I have a 5.1 home theatre system, so 5.1 audio is desirable. Does this require my DVDs also to be compatible?

- There are also dimensional constraints (LxDxH) that I need to check myself.

I don't know indicative prices, so I don't have a price cut-off as of now. I visited some stores here (Croma, Girias...) but they have only 1 or 2 units and seem to be focusing primarily on TV and refrigerator sales these days (ie, clueless and unhelpful sales staff - they didn't even know what region locking of DVDs means) - hence prefer something that can be bought online at the big-3.

TIA.
Old 15th November 2015, 22:35   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
- No region locking.
This one - Sony DVP-SR760HP/B:

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0090J4Y4U

matches all my constraints, but it is not clear whether it is region locked or not. Anyone who owns this can comment?

Last edited by binand : 15th November 2015 at 22:39.
Old 16th November 2015, 10:11   #284
BHPian

Perhaps you can search http://www.videohelp.com/ for this model and see if it's region locked and if there's a way to defeat it? I've used this site a long time ago to do just that.
Old 16th November 2015, 10:31   #285
BANNED

From my experience with Phillips DVD players, they are region locked. However, if you call the Phillips Toll Free Number, they guide you on how to remove the region lock from the DVD player.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks