Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2016, 20:07   #14116
BHPian

Re: Which Home theater system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Navin, if you dont mind outside BBY, pls check Videolinks @ Kannur, KL. Generally prices are better than other dealers in IN.
Do they have an online store?
How do you do it?
If you don't mind me asking
Old 26th August 2016, 20:15   #14117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Do they have an online store?
How do you do it?
If you don't mind me asking
Check Facebook - the numbers are listed. You can call, get rates & work further for payment transfer & courier of items.
Old 27th August 2016, 10:11   #14118
Senior - BHPian

Re: The DSLR Thread

Nikon gives 1 year warranty only. The extra 1 year in India and 4 years in US is given by the local Nikon Distributor.

I found that buying from Amazon gives you a better price, and the Invoice is from an authorised Nikon dealer.
Old 29th August 2016, 12:15   #14119
BHPian

Hello everyone!

My 3 yr old Canon 1100D is getting the dreaded err01 error, however the error is random. Meaning if I use in Manual mode with 18-55 kit lens, the error comes and gets reset on switching it off and on. The error does not come in either A or T mode. The error also doesn't come with the 55-250 kit lens in manual mode.

Can any one suggest as to where the problem be lying? Do I need to give the lens for cleaning / servicing or the body for cleaning / services?

Any suggestions for a good shop who can take this up in Fort, Mumbai area.

Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 11:14   #14120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Navin, if you dont mind outside BBY, pls check Videolinks @ Kannur, KL. Generally prices are better than other dealers in IN.
Kerala? Hmm... I might need help with that. Thank God for the TBHP network I think I know someone who can help. Thank you for the contact.
Old 30th August 2016, 21:36   #14121
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

Hey guys!
I'm looking forward to upgrade from my Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS II lens. I'm currently looking at the EF 17-40mm L series lens, a second hand one to be specific. Any guide on what to look for in a used lens?
Old 31st August 2016, 09:14   #14122
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Hey guys!
I'm looking forward to upgrade from my Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS II lens. I'm currently looking at the EF 17-40mm L series lens, a second hand one to be specific. Any guide on what to look for in a used lens?
I presume you will give at a good visual check. Then see if there is any track of fungus inside the lens. One good check is see the amount of flare etc. in a near direct (sun) shot. This should be minimal.
Old 31st August 2016, 23:57   #14123
BHPian

I had to give away my Nikon D3200 that I had been using for the last 1 year to one of my relative. I was primarily using it with the 105mm macro lens and I used this combo only for Macro shots. I retained the lens with me. I'm now willing to get a Nikon body and I'm considering going FF. So from the 3 options available namely the D610, D750 and D810, I'm leaning towards the D750. I'm surprised at how compact the D750 is.

I have been reading through the reviews that the D750 was recalled twice. What is the status now? Is it a wise decision to get the D750? What are your thoughts?
Old 1st September 2016, 21:06   #14124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
I had to give away my Nikon D3200 that I had been using for the last 1 year to one of my relative. I was primarily using it with the 105mm macro lens and I used this combo only for Macro shots. I retained the lens with me. I'm now willing to get a Nikon body and I'm considering going FF. So from the 3 options available namely the D610, D750 and D810, I'm leaning towards the D750. I'm surprised at how compact the D750 is.

I have been reading through the reviews that the D750 was recalled twice. What is the status now? Is it a wise decision to get the D750? What are your thoughts?
Notwithstanding your capacity to buy whatever you want to, the question is, how good is your photography? Are you good enough to make the best use of a D810 instead of a D610, which would limit you? Have you reached that stage? Send us a link to your portfolio or a thread with your photos, we will be in a better position to advise.
Old 3rd September 2016, 02:46   #14125
BHPian

Team BHP never stops to surprise me and it happens almost daily since I've joined this community. Like most of you who have contributed to this thread, I also have deep interest in photography. Since childhood, I always loved to be behind camera and rather in front of it.

From a photography perspective 2010-2013 were best years of my life as I landed in a job role that required frequent traveling. And during this time period I clicked my best (as per me ) pictures. From 2006 - 2012 I owned a point and shoot camera and clicked some really nice pictures with it. It was a Nikon E4600. In 2012 I bought my dream camera which was in my budget. It is a Nikon D7000 with 18-105mm kit lens. Later on I also bought a 35mm f/1.8G Nikon as well. Landscape and Street are two genres that I love the most. So far I know only 2-5 percent about this camera and I am still learning about it. I significantly learned my point and shoot after 4 years, yes I mean it. And then I started realizing its limitations. I wanted to be more creative and exploring but it was limiting me. So that is my definition when one needs to change their camera. Therefore to truly learn a camera or any machine, I believe you need to live with it for some good time. It is like human beings only, the more you stay with some one, the more you know them. Though this dictum does not holds good for one's wife or I should say spouse to be respectful to female members of this community.

Coming back to photography, I have a very strong belief and that is one needs to excel the art of composing pictures rather getting lost in the technicalities of the camera. When I click a picture, even before I click it, I know how it is going to look in my mind's eye. And I also know whether some one is going to like this picture or not.

So far its been a great journey with my cameras and I hope to continue traveling on this journey with my companion, my D7000, learning and understanding more about it.

Sorry for jumping in with a long post BUT wish you all happy shooting/clicking.

In case if you want to see some of my pictures then please visit below links.

http://www.photo.net/gallery/960560

http://www.photo.net/gallery/893944

http://www.photo.net/vikas_shukla
Old 3rd September 2016, 16:40   #14126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
Team BHP never stops to surprise me and it happens almost daily since I've joined this community.

Coming back to photography, I have a very strong belief and that is one needs to excel the art of composing..

In case if you want to see some of my pictures then please visit below links.

http://www.photo.net/gallery/960560

http://www.photo.net/gallery/893944

http://www.photo.net/vikas_shukla
Some very nice photos, especially in the 3rd link.

Agree with you, technical mastery (for most genres) is a lot easier than learning to imagine, see and execute.
Old 3rd September 2016, 17:22   #14127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
... I believe you need to live with it for some good time. It is like human beings only, the more you stay with some one, the more you know them. Though this dictum does not holds good for one's wife or I should say spouse to be respectful to female members of this community.
More like " .. Though this dicutm does not hold good for the womankind (in general) "

Nice pics in the 3rd link. THough I could not open the first two.
Old 4th September 2016, 22:00   #14128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Notwithstanding your capacity to buy whatever you want to, the question is, how good is your photography? Are you good enough to make the best use of a D810 instead of a D610, which would limit you? Have you reached that stage? Send us a link to your portfolio or a thread with your photos, we will be in a better position to advise.
I have been doing some good amount of photography since 2 years. Started with a P&S, upgraded to a Mirrorless. Since then, I have been shooting with my Olympus OM D Em-5 Mark II with the 12-40 f2.8 Pro lens. This is the gear that I carry everywhere I travel. Additional to this I had a Nikon D3200 with the 105mm VR lens which I only use for some Macro experimentations.

As I told, the D3200 body is not with me anymore and the 105mm lens is sitting in the wardrobe for quite some time now. While my D3200 was with me, I did some Macro experimentation like oil reflection, eye shots, patterns, droplets etc., I enjoy doing Macro shots a lot as part of the fun is setting up the subject with proper lighting. I'm still a novice photographer and the reason why I want a FF is the DoF when shooting Macro. I definitely do not need speed when shooting Macro, but I would definitely need an excellent DoF with a high dynamic range and I assume that a FF sensor would enable me. I have tried this once with the D3200 and a D610, under the same conditions and the same exposure, the image that came out of the D610 was looking a lot better. Of course I can get away with the 105mm Nikon lens, but the urge of doing some experiments at home with the Macro setup is convincing me to get a Nikon FF body.

I'm not that social, but I'm starting to enjoy sharing my work with others. Here is the link to my snaps. I will start uploading more as and when I snap!

https://500px.com/joesande

I would appreciate any remarks or comments where I could improve.

Last edited by joe1980 : 4th September 2016 at 22:21.
Old 4th September 2016, 23:19   #14129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
I have been doing some good amount of photography since 2 years. Started with a P&S, upgraded to a Mirrorless. Since then, I have been shooting with my Olympus OM D Em-5 Mark II with the 12-40 f2.8 Pro lens. This is the gear that I carry everywhere I travel. Additional to this I had a Nikon D3200 with the 105mm VR lens which I only use for some Macro experimentations.

As I told, the D3200 body is not with me anymore and the 105mm lens is sitting in the wardrobe for quite some time now. While my D3200 was with me, I did some Macro experimentation like oil reflection, eye shots, patterns, droplets etc., I enjoy doing Macro shots a lot as part of the fun is setting up the subject with proper lighting. I'm still a novice photographer and the reason why I want a FF is the DoF when shooting Macro. I definitely do not need speed when shooting Macro, but I would definitely need an excellent DoF with a high dynamic range and I assume that a FF sensor would enable me. I have tried this once with the D3200 and a D610, under the same conditions and the same exposure, the image that came out of the D610 was looking a lot better. Of course I can get away with the 105mm Nikon lens, but the urge of doing some experiments at home with the Macro setup is convincing me to get a Nikon FF body.

I'm not that social, but I'm starting to enjoy sharing my work with others. Here is the link to my snaps. I will start uploading more as and when I snap!

https://500px.com/joesande

I would appreciate any remarks or comments where I could improve.
Had a quick look at the link. A D610 would be fine, maybe you can invest the delta in lenses and other stuff. Unless you crave for a D810 or D750, both of which have their strengths and weaknesses.
Old 4th September 2016, 23:48   #14130
BHPian

I'm thinking that the D750 would make the cut mainly because of the tilt screen. I have been in situations where I would have appreciated an articulated screen on my D3200 when doing Macro work. I would even consider a used D750 against a new D610 if I could find one with a Guarantee. I'm also a big fan of smaller form factor and the D750 is way smaller than the D610.

@ nilanjanray where can I find you on 500px?

EDIT: I found you! You have some interesting snaps of Tigers that I absolutely love!

Last edited by joe1980 : 4th September 2016 at 23:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks