Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2016, 21:02   #14101
Team-BHP Support

Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Yes mirrorless is the future and that Sony model is my second option. I am seriously considering it. But my gut feeling is that it will take further couple of years to iron out the shortcomings of mirrorless and pose a threat to DSLR.
For travel and people, its very good. You wont have to wait for the catch-up game. I am talking from experience myself! I have a 7D-II and a Sony 6000 (with a 16-50 and a 50mm prime! . I use the Sony more often when traveling with people. Ideal for people, general snaps and landscapes. Very very compact. But yes the moment you stick in a zoom lens, the value goes away. If you need 100mm+ kind of zoom, then yes the value is same a regular DSLR.

Quote:
But compactness is also resulting in camera getting warmer while shooting video for longer duration in some camera bodies.
This part I am not sure. I dont use it for videos. Its mainly for still for me.

But in general I am amazed at the Sony sensor performance.
Old 9th August 2016, 21:29   #14102
BHPian

@amrishram
Thanks for your quick response. Budget would be around INR 25000/-. Could stretch by another 2k. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 9th August 2016, 21:57   #14103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
For travel and people, its very good. You wont have to wait for the catch-up game. I am talking from experience myself! I have a 7D-II and a Sony 6000 (with a 16-50 and a 50mm prime! . I use the Sony more often when traveling with people. Ideal for people, general snaps and landscapes. Very very compact. But yes the moment you stick in a zoom lens, the value goes away. If you need 100mm+ kind of zoom, then yes the value is same a regular DSLR
This is exactly what I was looking for. Someone who has used both DSLR and mirrorless. The kit lens 16-50 with Sony or any DSLR is limiting I feel. So basic lens I wish is in the range of say 18-105 or 18-135. After getting familiar with any camera we tend to experiment with it and here comes the need for zoom above 100+. Have you used any other zoom lens say 50-200 with Sony?
Has anybody used other zoom lens with Sony mirrorless? How was it's performance?
Old 9th August 2016, 23:16   #14104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
TAfter getting familiar with any camera we tend to experiment with it and here comes the need for zoom above 100+. Have you used any other zoom lens say 50-200 with Sony?
I use Sony strictly for traveling light. Hence I dont intend to use bigger lenses with it. I use bigger lenses with Canon.
Old 10th August 2016, 11:56   #14105
Senior - BHPian

Just get the D3300 with kit lens. There are some good deals on the NET where you get a bag and an SD card too.
http://www.amazon.in/Nikon-D3300-Dig...00+dslr+camera
Old 26th August 2016, 10:55   #14106
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which Home theater system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
I buy most of my photography and audio equipments through dealers who normally quote a lower price than on line portals. To cite an example, the benchmark for photography, video and audio goods is B&H, New York and dealers in Mumbai actually quote lower or at best equal than the prices listed by B&H.
I have heard the same. I need to find a reliable dealer in Mumbai. Any pointers?
Old 26th August 2016, 11:18   #14107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I have heard the same. I need to find a reliable dealer in Mumbai. Any pointers?
Try HiFiMart. They have online store as well with same name.
Old 26th August 2016, 12:26   #14108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Try HiFiMart. They have online store as well with same name.
For camera equipment?

Earthian had posted about his photography equipment.
Old 26th August 2016, 12:37   #14109
BHPian

Quote:
For camera equipment?

Try http://jjmehta.com/shop/

There is one shop in Bangalore near the City bus stand. I have bought Nikon Lens from him. He was able to match the $ price in US. I was told by someone that the guy is Bangalore is brother of jjmehta.

I have not purchased anything from jjmehta. But when I purchased my Nikon D90 in US, his INR price in India was close enough.
Old 26th August 2016, 12:38   #14110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Thanks. At least now I have a reference. I believe the local dealers are even more competitive especially when you "show them the money".
Old 26th August 2016, 12:39   #14111
BHPian

Quote:
For camera equipment?

Oops, sorry. I thought you were talking about local audio equipment dealers, though I was surprised why navin would ask for audio equip shops.

No idea about local photography equipment dealers in Mumbai but I would also confirm that local dealer prices are not higher than online prices and sometimes they are even little bit cheaper. Biggest benefit is local support is easily available in case of any technical issue arises with the equipments. Service stations sometimes refuse to service the online purchased stuffs.
Old 26th August 2016, 12:43   #14112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Oops, sorry. I thought you were talking about local audio equipment dealers, though I was surprised why navin would ask for audio equip shops. .
No issues. I don't see any harm in asking for help. I don't know why people expect me to know about audio. I have had an interest in the subject for a few decades but have never been professionally involved so I am rarely in touch with current market prices and models. I really do NOT know that much (or as much as some believe I do).

One advantage of going to a local brick and mortar shop (as long it is a reliable one) is that if you have an issue there is someone you can talk to and resolve it.

Last edited by navin : 26th August 2016 at 12:45.
Old 26th August 2016, 15:00   #14113
BHPian

Quote:
I source all photography equipments (except camera and high end lenses) through Dilipbhai at 9819169906.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Try http://jjmehta.com/shop/
But when I purchased my Nikon D90 in US, his INR price in India was close enough.
Well, i hope you bought it cheaper than the US price. The markets in USA and Europe are not expanding and the high growth markets for Nikon and Canon are India and China. The price of the same product is cheaper than the US:

The DSLR Thread-screen-shot-20160826-3.11.35-pm.png

The DSLR Thread-screen-shot-20160826-3.11.20-pm.png

It can be seen from the above that the price for a D 5300 (body only) in US is $ 599.95 (on sale!!); whereas the price in India is Rs 34,450/- (US$ 510). Both the sites are official Nikon company sites! Further if you go through a reliable dealer/agent; you can get a discount to the above price in India.

That is what i meant when i said that the prices in India would be cheaper or at best equal to the prices in the US (on line). Gone are the days when prices of such goods were more than double that the US, making us get such supplies when ever we go abroad.

Last edited by ampere : 26th August 2016 at 16:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 26th August 2016, 17:22   #14114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Navin, if you dont mind outside BBY, pls check Videolinks @ Kannur, KL. Generally prices are better than other dealers in IN.
Old 26th August 2016, 19:44   #14115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
I source all photography equipments (except camera and high end lenses) through Dilipbhai at 9819169906.

Well, i hope you bought it cheaper than the US price. The markets in USA and Europe are not expanding and the high growth markets for Nikon and Canon are India and China. The price of the same product is cheaper than the US:

It can be seen from the above that the price for a D 5300 (body only) in US is $ 599.95 (on sale!!); whereas the price in India is Rs 34,450/- (US$ 510). Both the sites are official Nikon company sites! Further if you go through a reliable dealer/agent; you can get a discount to the above price in India.

That is what i meant when i said that the prices in India would be cheaper or at best equal to the prices in the US (on line). Gone are the days when prices of such goods were more than double that the US, making us get such supplies when ever we go abroad.
And better still, we get two year standard warranty in India, whereas in even in Thailand where it is also manufactured Nikon only gives 1 year warranty and prices are either a bit higher or same as India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks