Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2014, 19:58   #12736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
I don't think any e-retailers are recognised. Only Nikon can answer that question.

Lovecars21 - my recommendation would be the 55-200.
Nikon does not recognise any online retailer in India.
There is correspondence in this regard shared on another tech forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
How about Amazon if not Flipkart.
Old 19th May 2014, 20:05   #12737
BHPian

Quote:
Lovecars21 - my recommendation would be the 55-200.

Thanks for your suggestion. How much would it cost and what is the zooming capacity of this lens?

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 19th May 2014, 22:37   #12738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. How much would it cost and what is the zooming capacity of this lens?

Please check Flipkart for prices but it should be within your budget. Zoom is 55-200mm. You really don't need more than 200mm as a beginner. At the long end, you may need a tripod to prevent blur.
Old 20th May 2014, 05:23   #12739
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
. You really don't need more than 200mm as a beginner.
+1.
200 mm would be sufficient. 300mm is kind of mid-range. Tele lenses are people who would like shoot wildlife or similar objects at a distance.

@Lovecars21 - unless you know what you will shoot, pls dont go beyond 200mm, at least for now. Large numbers are not always the right thing.

In my own case, I got a 70-300, and have hardly used it in all the years that I have had it with me. I am actually planning to sell it now.
Old 20th May 2014, 05:49   #12740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
unless you know what you will shoot, pls dont go beyond 200mm, at least for now. Large numbers are not always the right thing.

Thanks for your advise. I have already a tripod and will go for 55-200 mm lens as advised by you.

Need to know one more thing. While searching online for lens found Tamron lens are cheaper than Nikkor and are compatible with Nikon DSLRs. Are they good?

Old 20th May 2014, 06:41   #12741
Distinguished - BHPian

@Lovecars, I keep Nikkor as my first preference. Though expensive, they are most times better than third party lenses. In some cases, depending on feedback, Tamron / Sigma / Tokina may be an alternate choice. Please check multiple the reviews of the lenses & you will get more information.

You may have posted earlier, but I still ask -are you buying a full kit,or the body & lens separately ?
Old 20th May 2014, 07:17   #12742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Lovecars, I keep Nikkor as my first preference. Though expensive, they are most times better than third party lenses. In some cases, depending on feedback, Tamron / Sigma / Tokina may be an alternate choice. Please check multiple the reviews of the lenses & you will get more information.

You may have posted earlier, but I still ask -are you buying a full kit,or the body & lens separately ?
I already have a Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm lens. I wish to buy the lens separately.
Old 20th May 2014, 16:51   #12743
BHPian

Finally Getting my Canon 70D with an 18-135 STM today. This would be me testing waters on DSLR. Earlier had a good old Canon EOS 300 Film SLR, which was being extensively used till around 2006, and then got busy with official work.

Though I had a USM lens, I thought the 18-135 can be general lens, than the earlier USM Lens which the EOX 300 had.

So the next couple of weeks would be experimenting on this new toy!!
Old 20th May 2014, 20:40   #12744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Finally Getting my Canon 70D with an 18-135 STM today
where did u buy and price , have been tracking in amazon for couple of weeks .
Old 20th May 2014, 20:48   #12745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
I have a Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm lens. I am planning to go on a vacation to the mountains and would need a zoom lens. Which lens should i go for? My budget is within 20k.

I had the same question and I finally bought the Tamron 18-270 . VFM good lens .
Old 20th May 2014, 21:16   #12746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
where did u buy and price , have been tracking in amazon for couple of weeks .
I got it from flipkart at its current price. I am not comfortable with Amazon in India, hence got it from Flipkart/wsretail.
Old 21st May 2014, 11:36   #12747
BHPian

Quote:
I got it from flipkart at its current price. I am not comfortable with Amazon in India, hence got it from Flipkart/wsretail.
I would strongly advise about not buying from Amazon India. I ordered my D5100 and received in a bad condition. Not a sealed box, loose lens in box with the lens covers off the lens. Finger marks on the lens and no warranty card stamp.

Decided to return the shipment. Return experience is smooth but daunting if you have been waiting to test the camera right away.
Old 21st May 2014, 11:47   #12748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
I would strongly advise about not buying from Amazon India. I ordered my D5100 and received in a bad condition. Not a sealed box, loose lens in box with the lens covers off the lens. Finger marks on the lens and no warranty card stamp.

Decided to return the shipment. Return experience is smooth but daunting if you have been waiting to test the camera right away.

Agree with you. Amazon in India is more a market place than an online store. Amazon is my favorite in Europe or US, and even there,I prefer not to buy from other sellers or market place.

Even with flipkart I am comfortable only with WS retail, and not with any other sellers. With WS Retail, it has been a good experience, while the couple of purchase from other sellers on flipkart was not the same.

I to had the fear, till I received the box. On receiving it, I checked it completely and immediately registered the product to check the serial number, and also to get 2 year warranty. So far its been good.
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:06   #12749
Senior - BHPian

Most of the major e-retailers are not the sellers. If you check carefully, each one has a list of sellers and mostly the prices vary from seller to seller. I bought D3300 from Snapdeal and the 35mm F1.8 DX from Flipkart. In each case the bill was from a normal retailer. Both came with Nikon India warranty cards, but none was stamped by the dealer. On registration with Nikon the items were accepted and registered in my name.
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:54   #12750
BHPian

Quote:
Finally Getting my Canon 70D with an 18-135 STM today. This would be me testing waters on DSLR. Earlier had a good old Canon EOS 300 Film SLR, which was being extensively used till around 2006, and then got busy with official work.

Though I had a USM lens, I thought the 18-135 can be general lens, than the earlier USM Lens which the EOX 300 had.

So the next couple of weeks would be experimenting on this new toy!!
Welcome to the 70D club. You will absolutely love your camera.

I was really looking forward to getting the 18-135 STM kit, since it would have been the perfect video lens to complement my EF-S 15-85 am Tamron 70-300 VC, but living in the a** end of the country (Trivandrum), the only dealer had no idea when that kit would be available. So I had to settle for the 18-55 STM kit (not a bad lens in itself - just not long enough).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks