Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 08:58   #9406
BHPian

Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
World you get a new dslr for 14K? What are the fuji models available for 14k? I think they are mostly prosumer ones. Fujifilm cameras are very good ones. The cheapest dslr you may get is Sony Alpha 290K, for just above 20K. Try if some shops still store it..

Otherwise just jump to Canon or Nikon entry level ones. There are no real entry level ones from Sony at the moment because they are promoting Nex series as the entry level interchangeable lens cameras.
It was a quick visit to the store. But I am sure I saw one for 14K.

I had a look at this NEX-3K : NEX-3 : NEX Camera (E-mount) : Sony India. The MRP is 20K.
Old 16th March 2012, 12:13   #9407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
It was a quick visit to the store. But I am sure I saw one for 14K.

I had a look at this NEX-3K : NEX-3 : NEX Camera (E-mount) : Sony India. The MRP is 20K.
If you don't want the optical view finder, NEX3 is as good as buying an entry level SLR. It has got an APS-C sensor like the entry level DSLRs, and image quality is also at par. This is E-Mount and not Minolta A mount like in Alphas - so you will have to buy E-Mount lenses or otherwise buy a suitable adapter for fitting in any other type of lenses. Firmware is more feature rich than other entry level SLRs.

Last edited by clevermax : 16th March 2012 at 12:15.
Old 16th March 2012, 13:03   #9408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I had a look at some DSLRs at TataCroma. They have some Fuji Film Cameras for 14K. Would this be a good buy?
Why dont you have a look at Canon 1100D and nikon D3000?
These,I believe will fit in to your budget too.Recently I am doing a lot of R&D in Entry level DSLR as I am planning to purchase one.
Old 16th March 2012, 14:44   #9409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Why dont you have a look at Canon 1100D and nikon D3000?
These,I believe will fit in to your budget too.Recently I am doing a lot of R&D in Entry level DSLR as I am planning to purchase one.
I would say look at Canon1100D and not at D3000. 1100D has impressive sensitivity performance as an entry level DSLR and is not a noise master like D3000. Or you can stretch a little more and consider D3100 instead.

I had given some sample shots from 1100D few pages back: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2638493

Last edited by clevermax : 16th March 2012 at 14:57.
Old 16th March 2012, 22:01   #9410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I would say look at Canon1100D and not at D3000. 1100D has impressive sensitivity performance as an entry level DSLR and is not a noise master like D3000. Or you can stretch a little more and consider D3100 instead.

I had given some sample shots from 1100D few pages back: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2638493
Nikon D3100 and Canon 550D has almost similar price tags. And in that case,I believe 550D will be the best choice.My plan is to go for 550D.

How good will be it to purchase through ebay?
Old 16th March 2012, 22:09   #9411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nikon D3100 and Canon 550D has almost similar price tags. And in that case,I believe 550D will be the best choice.My plan is to go for 550D.

I'm not sure that's true. The 550D is in a different price bracket. The price might be same if you're considering a D3100 with the kit lens and just the 550D body.
Old 17th March 2012, 11:11   #9412
BHPian

Quote:
Life span of a camera body is very short so decide based on what lenses you will be using with your SLR.
Old 18th March 2012, 20:00   #9413
BHPian

Quote:

I heard that ebay.in is not safe, might be before. Even I was hesistant to use it, so used it only to buy items less than 1K. However recently I bought my Canon 1100D from ebay with 2 years manufacturer warranty. It was a pleasant experience. The reason you are safe now is that your money is with ebay until you get the package and confirm you received it. Only after confirmation of the receipt the money goes to the seller, if you don't receive the package you can raise a full refund. I am not sure if some one had a bitter experience.

Also got a 8GB Samsung class 6 SD (shock and water proof) card for 330 where I won't get this offer anywhere.

So go ahead and purchase it in ebay. Only thing you need to check is the sellers review and make sure he has above 95% positive feedback.
Old 18th March 2012, 20:10   #9414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
So go ahead and purchase it in ebay. Only thing you need to check is the sellers review and make sure he has above 95% positive feedback.
I stress on this point again and again - please ensure that the eBay or online seller is an authorised dealer of Canon or Nikon otherwise your warranty may be invalid. If in doubt call their 1-800 helpline for a final confirmation.

Search on this forum thread for a post by a member (can't recall who) who was clearly informed by Nikon India in Bangalore that purchases, internet or in-store, not made thru authorised dealers would result in no warranty coverage.

If warranty doesn't matter then that nullifies my caveat so apologies if that's the case.

Cheers!
Old 18th March 2012, 22:41   #9415
Team-BHP Support

I was flipping through the Feb edition of Smart Photography today. I was surprised to see a category in Smart Photography Awards 2012.

The DSLR Thread-img_20120318_221408.jpg

What is the meaning of Most Prestigious Camera? And an Olympus camera wins it?

Does anyone own a PEN E-P3 here? What is prestigious about owning an Olympus? How did it beat the others in the list?
Old 19th March 2012, 00:17   #9416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I stress on this point again and again - please ensure that the eBay or online seller is an authorised dealer of Canon or Nikon otherwise your warranty may be invalid. If in doubt call their 1-800 helpline for a final confirmation.

Search on this forum thread for a post by a member (can't recall who) who was clearly informed by Nikon India in Bangalore that purchases, internet or in-store, not made thru authorised dealers would result in no warranty coverage.

If warranty doesn't matter then that nullifies my caveat so apologies if that's the case.

Cheers!
If the seller provides you sealed box no matter who sells, you need to registered in canon site to have your warranty. I registered in the site using the serial number and got my 2 years warranty.
Old 19th March 2012, 00:53   #9417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
If the seller provides you sealed box no matter who sells, you need to registered in canon site to have your warranty. I registered in the site using the serial number and got my 2 years warranty.
Any Canon camera or lens legally imported and sold by Canon India or Canon Singapore can be registered. The serial numbers are recorded even before they are pushed thru the distribution channels.

Now, please read the fine print here:

Warranty Terms & Conditions - Canon India - Personal

Search for the sentence in italics reproduced below (so you know it is there) in the section 'Warranty Terms'

Warranty is provided only on product(s) which are purchased from CIPL Authorized Dealer / Reseller

As I said before - if the eBay (re)seller is authorised, then no worries. Otherwise you might wind up with a surprise when you make a warranty or support claim. These guys are pretty strict about their policies.

If you are still in doubt call their customer support at 1800-1803366 to get this clarified. If they do support equipment sold thru the internet it is that much better for all Canon owners. Nikon is pretty clear - only authorised sellers/outlets or warranty is void.

Cheers!
Old 19th March 2012, 02:10   #9418
BHPian

Thanks, I will check that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Any Canon camera or lens legally imported and sold by Canon India or Canon Singapore can be registered. The serial numbers are recorded even before they are pushed thru the distribution channels.

Now, please read the fine print here:

Warranty Terms & Conditions - Canon India - Personal

Search for the sentence in italics reproduced below (so you know it is there) in the section 'Warranty Terms'

Warranty is provided only on product(s) which are purchased from CIPL Authorized Dealer / Reseller

As I said before - if the eBay (re)seller is authorised, then no worries. Otherwise you might wind up with a surprise when you make a warranty or support claim. These guys are pretty strict about their policies.

If you are still in doubt call their customer support at 1800-1803366 to get this clarified. If they do support equipment sold thru the internet it is that much better for all Canon owners. Nikon is pretty clear - only authorised sellers/outlets or warranty is void.

Cheers!
Old 19th March 2012, 09:45   #9419
Senior - BHPian

My friend's camcorder has stopped working. He was looking DSLR for sometime. He has shorlisted these (which he says does both digital & video best)
1) Sony SLT-A65V ($900)
2) Tamron 18-270mm lens ($600)
Together they come to Rs 75K. He does mainly photography & occasional video. Is there any cheaper alternative?
Old 19th March 2012, 12:30   #9420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I was flipping through the Feb edition of Smart Photography today. I was surprised to see a category in Smart Photography Awards 2012.

Attachment 904456

What is the meaning of Most Prestigious Camera? And an Olympus camera wins it?

Does anyone own a PEN E-P3 here? What is prestigious about owning an Olympus? How did it beat the others in the list?
It'll be definitely prestigious to own OM-D (unless it is seen everywhere) , not sure about the E-P3 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
My friend's camcorder has stopped working. He was looking DSLR for sometime. He has shorlisted these (which he says does both digital & video best)
1) Sony SLT-A65V ($900)
2) Tamron 18-270mm lens ($600)
Together they come to Rs 75K. He does mainly photography & occasional video. Is there any cheaper alternative?
Yep, Panasonic GH2 + 14-140mm. Should cost you around $1100 or so. Wonderful camera for video.

EDIT: I had a pre-production release of the Fuji X-Pro1 with me for couple of days. What a camera! Blew me away. If I had the money, that is what I would be upgrading to. Here's a brief review:
http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.p...c,17398.0.html

I am yet to upload photographs as it's a pain to use Silky Pix Pro :(. I wouldn't mind waiting for Adobe to start supporting the RAW files from X-Pro1 than use some other software.

Last edited by HellwratH : 19th March 2012 at 12:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks