Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:44   #9031
Senior - BHPian

Re: The DSLR Thread

Just a note on Silica Gels - you can Microwave them to the 'blue' dry state when they turn pink in color No point in keeping pink crystals in our bags..

No need to fear whether the crystals will overheat and explode or something - the moment a crystal loses all water, it will stop heating any further because water content is required in order to heat something in microwave..

Last edited by clevermax : 22nd December 2011 at 16:49.
Old 22nd December 2011, 21:18   #9032
Senior - BHPian

After lot of thinking a lot & waiting for a good deal I finally bought the Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens for my T2i/550D

This lens is Surely a blessing over carrying two lenses, A few shots that I took came out very well for me. Only issue I observed was that when I took a shot at 18mm with the hood one in dimly lit area, the photo has a shadow from the lens hood

Also I found it to focus better & faster than the 18-55 IS kit lens. Will take more pics in the coming days & report
Old 23rd December 2011, 18:25   #9033
BHPian

Awesome Deal

Hi Guys,

Spotted a Great deal going on canon entry level DSLR @ Flipkart.com!

Canon EOS 1100D SLR Double Lens Kit

The DSLR Thread-canoneos1100dslr400x400imad37mqyhj8jyfq.jpeg
  • Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Body
  • Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens
  • Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS II Lens
  • Sandisk 4GB SD Card
  • Canon DSLR Carry Case
Total Price : 37.8k (Inclusive of Bill, Warranty and Freight)

Overall, a very attractive deal for someone planning to take a step into the DSLR world.
Old 23rd December 2011, 20:56   #9034
Team-BHP Support

Can someone please help to track DigiCabi manual on the net? I need to know about the setting of the box from the start.

shajufx must be laughing and rolling on the ground about this inquiry.

But Shaju for your info: I'm currently residing in Mumbai and so called sea is exactly 60 feet from our building.
Old 23rd December 2011, 21:11   #9035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Can someone please help to track DigiCabi manual on the net? I need to know about the setting of the box from the start.

shajufx must be laughing and rolling on the ground about this inquiry.

But Shaju for your info: I'm currently residing in Mumbai and so called sea is exactly 60 feet from our building.
Rudra Sir,
Model number? Also, PMing you Arnab's FB link, he'll definitely have the manual or wil l be able to help you out with the settings.

I did try Kalabhai's site, but they don't seem to have manuals.
Old 23rd December 2011, 21:19   #9036
Team-BHP Support

AD-060. I didn't buy it. Came from one friend who doesn't have any camera/s anymore. This particular model may be old too. I don't know if there was/is any face lift after this one.

Thanks, got your PM.
Old 23rd December 2011, 21:38   #9037
BHPian

Quote:
AD-060. I didn't buy it. Came from one friend who doesn't have any camera/s anymore. This particular model may be old too. I don't know if there was/is any face lift after this one.

Thanks, got your PM.
Rudra sir,

Found two links:
Digicabi drycabinet DHC and AD series controls

How to set the DB36 (30L)

Similar models, so it might give you an idea.
Old 24th December 2011, 12:30   #9038
BHPian

Had got this one last year from Bangkok..

Wonderful dry Cabinet AD-068C

Works great..
Old 26th December 2011, 14:43   #9039
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Has anyone used this product with DSLR?

I found a product know as DampFree which absorbs moisture and collects it in the separate bag.

DampFree Moisture Absorber
Old 26th December 2011, 16:11   #9040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone please help to track DigiCabi manual on the net? I need to know about the setting of the box from the start......
I was busy with the festive mood, did not check into the threads here. Hope you have got it sorted through Veeresh's links. If not let me know, I have couple of friends in Mumbai and Ahmedabad who uses these cabies since many years. Basic settings should be the same regardless of the volume capacity.

Not in BLR for New Year ?
Old 31st December 2011, 01:54   #9041

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Canon/Nikon 'exotics' (the large expensive zooms and teles) have a 'meniscus' front element that protects the glass inside. Important to remember that this element is a part of the optical formula not a screw on filter. Replacing a meniscus is far less expensive than replacing one of the ED/flourite elements within. Also, using a hood with these lenses is a must.

For all the brouhaha about filters impacting image quality do keep in mind most of these exotics use 52mm a drop-in neutral/clear filter at the rear. It prevents dust from getting into the barrel. This NC filter MUST be installed at all times. So there goes the "filter-impacts-image-quality" argument right outa the window!

Regards,
AFAIK NC filter is a must because the focus scale is calibrated to the NC filter, the moment one takes out NC filter, focus scale becomes useless.

About rechargeable batteries, they are as good as the charger. The charger that comes with eneloops is just rebranded China-mall and is of bad quality. Better to invest in maha/enermax chargers, they are not cheap but can be relied on, first time I uses c200, it put life back in my dead nicd batteries.

Also per my experience enermax batteries last longer in sb900 than eneloops and have longer shelf life.
Old 5th January 2012, 10:43   #9042

Hello Guys
I have just bought a Canon Eos 550d with 18-55mm kit lens. I think i have by mistake set dark exposure compensation in Manual mode as all the images taken are dark. I can see the arrow towards dark side in the view finder(which means exposure compensation is more than -2). I have read the manual which says one cannot set exposure in manual mode. Kindly ignore my lack of knowledge as this is my 1st DSLR.
Thanks in advance
Old 5th January 2012, 10:59   #9043
Team-BHP Support

You can set exposure by pressing the exposure comp button (one with +/-) sign and simultaneously turning the wheel thingie. In Auto mode you cannot change these settings.
Old 5th January 2012, 14:18   #9044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvir Bains View Post
I can see the arrow towards dark side in the view finder(which means exposure compensation is more than -2). I have read the manual which says one cannot set exposure in manual mode.

Change your aperture or shutter speed. It's not called manual for nothing. You have complete control over the settings.

EV works in A/S/programmed Auto mode(?).
Old 5th January 2012, 16:46   #9045
Senior - BHPian

Just got my ML-L3 ( IR Remote for Nikon) from Flipkart. Cost me 650Rs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks