Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 14:25   #4036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
<snip>
Also on Pentax Kx you can even use 40 years old Pentax K mount lenses and even M42 thread mount lens using an adapter.

In caseayou can get Pentax Kx from US also purchase M42 to K mount adapter and available lenses on e-bay, Specially an old Pentax Supar Takumar AF 50 mm 1.4 lens , This will cost you less then 50 mm prime 1.8 for canon.
<snip>
And don't forget that Pentax has an AF1.7 adapter, which can auto-focus a manual focus lens. AF1.7x is rare to come by and expensive than regular adapters.
So, if you want to venture into MF lenses (with a Pentax), this adapter is a life saver.
Old 17th May 2010, 15:53   #4037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to rent the 200-400 next weekend for a bandipur trip
From where you are planning to rent? what is the rent per day?

Quote:
I got them used for 32k. Only 4 shots taken from that lens. The owner was selling all his DX gear since he was upgrading to a FX. The lens is in straight out of the box condition.
oh!! how to find these kind of deals you are really lucky dude! please let me know if you come to know across any such deal!
Old 17th May 2010, 17:39   #4038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
For me the dream lens gear is-

1. Nikkor 300mm f/2.8 (planning to get it next year)
2. Nikkor 200mm Macro
3. Nikkor 14-24 f/2.8 (if I ever buy a FX body)
4. Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 Nikon mount
5. Nikkor 600mm f/4 (if I plan to go pro)
Please don't bother with Nikon 200mm f4 macro/micro, unless it the old Dental Kit. You will hate it otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, its a great lens but without IS and major breathing issues, it falls short on many fronts. Old dental kit, now that is something to keep forever but i doubt one can find it selling anywhere.

Ps:- Dental kit included continuous lightning with focusing and diffuser.
Old 17th May 2010, 20:17   #4039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajb3125 View Post
Please don't bother with Nikon 200mm f4 macro/micro, unless it the old Dental Kit. You will hate it otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, its a great lens but without IS and major breathing issues, it falls short on many fronts. Old dental kit, now that is something to keep forever but i doubt one can find it selling anywhere.

Ps:- Dental kit included continuous lightning with focusing and diffuser.
This is the first time ever I see that someone says don't bother with the nikkor 200mm!!! This is one lens that is sworn by many for their macro shots. Hmm, wonder why it'd be difficult to shoot without IS? I think and believe that to shoot macros at 1:1, tripod is a MUST. My guru uses this lens and trust me I haven't seen anything like that ever and is a very well acknowledged photographer across many forums (like NPN, NSN etc).
Old 18th May 2010, 08:38   #4040

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
This is the first time ever I see that someone says don't bother with the nikkor 200mm!!! This is one lens that is sworn by many for their macro shots. Hmm, wonder why it'd be difficult to shoot without IS? I think and believe that to shoot macros at 1:1, tripod is a MUST. My guru uses this lens and trust me I haven't seen anything like that ever and is a very well acknowledged photographer across many forums (like NPN, NSN etc).
I just relayed my own experiences rather than opinions provided by others. And there are quite a few situations where tripod is not a possibility.
Old 20th May 2010, 12:27   #4041
BHPian

Guys what would be the best way to shoot firworks ???

BTW i don`t have a tripod so how do i do it?
Old 20th May 2010, 12:45   #4042
BHPian

Canon 18mm-200mm

Can anyone give me a price check on Canon EF-S 18-200mm?

I would like the grey market price from Delhi (Alfa, etc.) and Mumbai.

Thank you for your time
Old 20th May 2010, 12:46   #4043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Guys what would be the best way to shoot firworks ???

BTW i don`t have a tripod so how do i do it?
With a tripod . You can place the camera on a wall or table or some such surface. Use bulb mode and enjoy!
Old 20th May 2010, 13:02   #4044
Senior - BHPian

Can some one suggest a good and sturdy tripod available in Bangalore ? Or online purchase

I have one tripod which I got free with my JVC handycam but the fitting on the head is cumbersome as it was meant for handy-cam and not DSLR.

Before someone says Monfratto Let me mention I am not a pro and do not intend to burn that big hole in pocket. I know it can be kept for a decade but still my usage do not justify that cost.
Old 20th May 2010, 13:12   #4045
BHPian

Quote:
Can some one suggest a good and sturdy tripod available in Bangalore ? Or online purchase

I have one tripod which I got free with my JVC handycam but the fitting on the head is cumbersome as it was meant for handy-cam and not DSLR.

Before someone says Monfratto Let me mention I am not a pro and do not intend to burn that big hole in pocket. I know it can be kept for a decade but still my usage do not justify that cost.
Try getting only a ballhead. See if it fits your remeasurement. 486 costs around 4k I think.
Old 20th May 2010, 13:16   #4046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Go to some shops selling photography equipment and buy one which looks sturdy and of good quality(check for finishing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokie View Post
Can anyone give me a price check on Canon EF-S 18-200mm?

I would like the grey market price from Delhi (Alfa, etc.) and Mumbai.

Thank you for your time
Just for your info, as per smartshoppers.in its 30k with 2 years manufacturer's warranty.

Quote:
...You can place the camera on a wall or table or some such surface. Use bulb mode and enjoy!
I think it would require remote triggering for "bulb" mode!! I think most cameras come with fire works mode. Use it. If not, try various exposure values in the Manual Mode.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 20th May 2010 at 13:24.
Old 20th May 2010, 13:26   #4047
Team-BHP Support

Put camera on a wall and chose 30 seconds exposure at F8 like aperture and ISO 100(whatever is the minimum)
Old 20th May 2010, 13:52   #4048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try getting only a ballhead. See if it fits your remeasurement. 486 costs around 4k I think.
Thanks for suggestion I was not aware that ballhead alone is also sold , what is 486 ?
Old 20th May 2010, 15:08   #4049
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for suggestion I was not aware that ballhead alone is also sold , what is 486 ?
Ok, the weekend can't get here soon enough. What the hell is a "remeasurement"?

I was talking about Manfrotto 486RC2 Ball Head.

See if it can screw into your regular tripod. Later, when you feel like it, you can upgrade to a better tripod or even a monopod, depending on your requirements.
Old 21st May 2010, 10:42   #4050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Just for your info, as per smartshoppers.in its 30k with 2 years manufacturer's warranty.
Yeah, I saw that. Someone told me it's around 18k in Alfa, and that's a huge price difference.

Anyone here using the new Tamron 18-270?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks