Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2022, 19:40   #1036
BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Fellow S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S! The hope for STALKER 2 comes and goes and yet, the recent videos do point in the direction of hope that it is going to come out soon.

Meanwhile, have you tried playing any mods other than Lost Alpha? S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly is quite the enjoyable package!
N33raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 19:56   #1037
BHPian

Re: 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by N33raj View Post
Completely , but a fellow Alpha 1 dash 1? I was running a Sabre with Nomad weps plus those experimental ones that i forget. Ah, the good old days!
By the way, have you played the STALKER series? Been messing around with the mods and Call of Chernobyl is quite satisfying.
Extreme OT: Never ever had I thought that I'd run into another person from the Omicrons on TBHP.

Last I was flying Dreadnoughts with a school friend in Discovery some months back and hiding from those low-life torpedo spammers.
Discovery is suffocating because of the rules so we moved to Rebirth 7.7. Russian Discovery with no rules and fancy weapons.

Stalker? Oh yes, the OG heart-attack simulator.
Been playing Anomaly on and off. It's actually better than all three games combined.

Current playlist:
Since I recently upgraded to 5900x and RTX 4080, I'm busy abusing those horses:
-Final Fantasy XV
-Assetto Corsa
-Beam.NG
-Koikatsu Party (pls don't tell anyone)
-Sword and Fairy 7
-GTA Online
-Everspace 2
-Cyberjunk 2077
-Black Desert Online
-Star Trek Online
-Sword Art Online: Lycoris
-One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4

Thinking about Star (Scam) Citizen as well (since Chris Roberts - same guy behind FL) but on the fence as there are barely any planets to fly to.
Hit me up on Steam. I am Nep Nep.

PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-cf72c706ed094176bb3b4680238d8c69.jpeg

P.S.: Oh and Samurai Maiden is boring.

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 8th December 2022 at 20:07.
vredesbyrd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 21:35   #1038
BHPian

Absolute OT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Extreme OT: Never ever had I thought that I'd run into another person from the Omicrons on TBHP.
Well, i guess we are the only 2 pilots on this server then. heh heh.
Quote:
Last I was flying Dreadnoughts with a school friend in Discovery some months back and hiding from those low-life torpedo spammers.
Discovery is suffocating because of the rules so we moved to Rebirth 7.7. Russian Discovery with no rules and fancy weapons.
I played FL last a few years ago and have not gone back to it. I was mostly relegated to security duty since i was quite trigger happy plus i had the Sabre; why would not i be when those Nomad weps are drain zero!
Quote:
Stalker? Oh yes, the OG heart-attack simulator.
Oh tell me about it. The start screen BGM in SoC is a very good indication of what you are getting into; apart from System Shock 2, this series gave me the absolute cold spine sweat. The rush from SS2 and STALKER is different from Thief/OG Hitman and that is different from Sniper Elite and Deus Ex (except Invisible War).
Quote:
Been playing Anomaly on and off. It's actually better than all three games combined.
That was the mod i intended to write about! The joy of finding another FL pilot here ran interference with it.
Quote:
Current playlist:
Since I recently upgraded to 5900x and RTX 4080, I'm busy abusing those horses:
-Final Fantasy XV
-Assetto Corsa
-Beam.NG
-Koikatsu Party (pls don't tell anyone)
-Sword and Fairy 7
-GTA Online
-Everspace 2
-Cyberjunk 2077
-Black Desert Online
-Star Trek Online
-Sword Art Online: Lycoris
-One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4

Thinking about Star (Scam) Citizen as well (since Chris Roberts - same guy behind FL) but on the fence as there are barely any planets to fly to.
I like your choice of words for certain entries. And no, i won't tell anyone seeing that i m a victim of Gacha myself. Don't bother playing Scam Citizen.
The word Lycoris brings to mind the recent RicoRico (yes i watch but prefer reading more).
I wish for a more powerful machine and more time to play games like i used to. With work and family and everything else going on now, i barely have time for Twitch, let alone anything else. I have a fairly good laptop so that i can play during long flights.
My current playlist on the laptop:
-Hitman PC, SA, Contracts, BM
-OG Mass Effect 1, 2, 3
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC, CS, CoP + Mods
-Sniper Elite 1, V2, 3
-Deus Ex 1 GOTY, HR, MD with a few Mods for OG DX
-System Shock 2
-CS CZero (for kicks)
I load up and play whichever one among them takes my fancy at that moment; coming out of particularly difficult meetings sees me load up CS and take it out on those poor bots.

Quote:
Hit me up on Steam. I am Nep Nep.

Attachment 2387984

P.S.: Oh and Samurai Maiden is boring.
Unfortunately, i m not on Steam, i prefer to buy my games and play them offline. I m on Twitch masquerading as DeGoosey.
N33raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 22:48   #1039
BHPian

Took the bad decision of purchasing The Callisto Protocol on PC, as had an itch to play good survival horror game on similar lines as Dead Space. The game has great production values but is just an utter mess on PC. It stutters every few minutes and on loading new environment and the textures load before your eyes on a scene. One of the most unoptimized games on PC. In case anyone is looking to buy, especially on PC, recommend purchasing on sale and that too when multiple patches from developers have fixed the garbage experience. Don't waste time and money on this half baked game.
Turbo_anup is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 00:36   #1040
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

-Cyberjunk 2077
Was that intentional?
Old 9th December 2022, 09:25   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Was that intentional?
Yes, because RTX 4080, 5900x and 128GB of ram. Still runs like garbage.

Apparently everyone is following the trend. The new Callisto Protocol runs like junk on 4080 and 4090.

The moment new cards are released, developers start forgetting about optimisation because they have that "arre naya card hai, chal hi jayega" attitude.
Old 9th December 2022, 09:30   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
Took the bad decision of purchasing The Callisto Protocol. Is just an utter mess on PC. It stutters every few minutes and on loading new environment and the textures load before your eyes on a scene.
That's like most PC games. In the past few years, I've seen this trend of poor performance and little to no graphical improvement.

Unreal Engine 5 is supposed to be a breakthrough in terms of great visuals for little performance drop.
But the developers will find a way to make it run like shit as well.

Every game tries to be Crysis and not in the right way.

Anyway, fingers crossed for Dead Space reboot.
Looks more promising than Callisto.
Old 9th December 2022, 10:28   #1043
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Apparently everyone is following the trend. The new Callisto Protocol runs like junk on 4080 and 4090.

The moment new cards are released, developers start forgetting about optimisation because they have that "arre naya card hai, chal hi jayega" attitude.
Are you running the latest version of the game? If yes, then that is quite unfortunate. I remember having downloaded the very first version of the game and my poverty spec 940mx () was unable to run it. After an year, I got the latest version(played it last year December) and my 940mx was able to run it at a 'decent' FPS.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 10:31   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I got the latest version(played it last year December) and my 940mx was able to run it at a 'decent' FPS.
Thing is that, I am running on 4K with ray tracing maxed out. CJ2077 isn't quite ready to be maxed out yet.
vredesbyrd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 12:30   #1045
BHPian

Anyone played Cricket '22 on PS4. Is there a 2 player option available (offline)? I couldn't find. Please advise.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 20:42   #1046
BHPian

Lately, I've been spending a good chunk of time on Ghost of Tsushima on my PS4. The open-world experience is just stellar, and I'm really into samurai culture, so it's like a perfect match for my interests. The combat system feels so fluid and responsive, and just riding through the beautifully designed landscapes is incredible.
As for PC games, I've always been into League of Legends. It's one of those games that I just keep coming back to, no matter what else I'm playing.
It's such an intense game with a massive community of veterans, and the competition can be pretty stiff. Despite its reputation for being challenging, I use this PhantomScript, which makes the experience a lot smoother for me. It makes the game more accessible for me, and I can enjoy it rather than feel overwhelmed.
Ertigiat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 23:35   #1047
BHPian

Here's a music video dedicated to good times with my friend on Halo: MCC:

The cover art was drawn by him in MS Pain(t)
Old 31st January 2024, 00:24   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
In case anyone is looking to buy, especially on PC, recommend purchasing on sale and that too when multiple patches from developers have fixed the garbage experience.
Got it for ₹740 on Steam. Haven't installed yet. Hoping it's fixed now.
Old 31st January 2024, 13:47   #1049
BHPian

Quote:

Thing is that, I am running on 4K with ray tracing maxed out. CJ2077 isn't quite ready to be maxed out yet.
There is no hardware today that can run any game with RT at 4k 60 fps. Not even a 4090 paired with a 14900k/ 7800x3D can do it. The current generation of cards are 1440p (or 1800p) at best with RT and DLSS (workload varies as square of resolution). Perhaps a RTX 7000 series would be earliest when we would be able to get that raw performance.

This is not an issue with Cyberpunk game code. From what I have seen compared to other contemporary games, CP77 Phantom Liberty (i.e. v2.1) is one of the most optimized games out there (as long as we are not going overboard with RT as, again, hardware is simply not there). I have a 5800x3D and RTX 3070, and I am able to get locked 60 fps at 1440p High DLSS Quality, and RT shadows + reflections only. Though I keep RT reflections off as the memory buffer of 3070 is only 8 GB, and it saves about 30-40W of power. The game still looks great at these settings.

If we want to check out some really unoptimized games, look no further than Starfailed.
Old 31st January 2024, 14:22   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
TThis is not an issue with Cyberpunk game code. From what I have seen compared to other contemporary games, CP77 Phantom Liberty (i.e. v2.1) is one of the most optimized games out there.

If we want to check out some really unoptimized games, look no further than Starfailed.
Oh how I regret spending close to 5000 on Starfailed and then missing the refund window. I was expecting modders to fix the game eventually (always the case with Bethesda) but even they gave up saying that the foundation is rotten to the core (like NGT).
Apparently CD Projekt Woke has done some really good optimisation work on CJ (runs way better now, everything maxed out with DLSS 3 and Frame Gen always giving 100+).

But this is just an industry trend these days for most games. Graphically, they look bad and optimisation wise, they are even worse.
But some run really well (AC 6 for example).

Gaming is becoming more of a pain these days. Awful stories, horrendous voice acting, bad performance, copy paste content, feminism, political correctness, etc. Good reason that I still stick to Freelancer even 20 years after launch.

Most Viewed