Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2021, 11:05   #1021
BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Have played a couple of games during the long lockdown. Happy to see a gaming thread on Team BHP. Have been playing Tom Clancy's The Division 2 for some months now. Really good game with tons of content. Anyone playing The Division 2? I'd be happy to team up. Am on PC, but Division 2 has Crossplay enabled.
Old 1st January 2022, 12:05   #1022
BHPian

All three lara croft games are now free on Epic games.

Only until Jan 6th though.
Old 2nd January 2022, 09:13   #1023

Any cricket games lovers here? The Big Ant have launched a new Cricket 22 game which looks great. I have played their first game which was Don Bradman Cricket and after that they launched some more which were all top notch.

If anyone is into cricket, you will love it. I don't have the machine nor the time to invest in games for now sadly.
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:11   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav_7 View Post
Any cricket games lovers here? The Big Ant have launched a new Cricket 22 game which looks great. I have played their first game which was Don Bradman Cricket and after that they launched some more which were all top notch.

If anyone is into cricket, you will love it. I don't have the machine nor the time to invest in games for now sadly.
I am playing cricket 19, because it is available on game pass. Physics looks good , I have only tried batting so far.
cryptarchy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:18   #1025

Yep Cricket 19 is probably the best cricket game ever till date. Cricket 22 is the newest but I have heard it has some niggles which break it as of now. But I know BigAnt personally and am sure they will fix it soon.
Old 20th March 2022, 15:42   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Ps4 is still out of stock seems. Been checking on Amazon for a while now without any luck. Anyone knows when it will become available?
Old 17th May 2022, 16:47   #1027
BHPian

Gamers of T- BHP, I recently got myself a decent gaming laptop and I would like to do some gaming. In my college days I've spent hours playing Assassin's Creed series, GTA, COD series, NFS (underground 2, MW, the Run) and Fifa. I'd really like to replay those games, as I'm more into storyline and vibes of the game, I don't care about graphics performance at all. My question is how do I get to play these games ? Is there any subscription services for games as well ? How does this steam / gamepass works ? Which way will be cheaper for me and also where can I find these older games to rent / purchase ? I really appreciate your help guys ! TIA !
Old 17th May 2022, 17:05   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Gamers of T- BHP
If you have not played Witcher 3, it's a must play game. Please do so. The game of year edition comes with all DLCs and comes around 199Rs during steam sale. Do check that out. Probably the on of the best games of all times.

I do not have gamepass as such so can't comment much. It's worth if you want to explore a lot of the games from it's library (games that are costly outside).

On steam, you normally buy the game and keep it forever. On gamepass, it's subscription service where you play monthly some fixed amount and get access to all the games in their library. Keep visiting epicgames.com every Thursday night. They do giveaway every week. I have got many good games (including GTA 5 etc) via this.

Last edited by ottocycle : 17th May 2022 at 17:08.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 17:44   #1029
BHPian

Has anyone tried to install Indian Train Simulator on Windows?

I have seen numerous videos on YouTube explaining how to install but haven't been successful and yet this does not deter me from trying for the next time.

I'd really like to know the easier way out.
Old 18th May 2022, 19:57   #1030
BHPian

After completing & enjoying Horizon Zero dawn and God of War on PC, I had high hope for another of Sony's port - Days Gone. Purchased the game on steam and within the first hour of gameplay - this has become a snooze fest. Not sure what were the developers focussing on when they made this game - superfluous characters (very much unlike HZD and God Of War which have interesting characters), poor narrative, repetitive tasks, no variety and changes in gameplay. Only good part at least about the PC port is relatively good performance on PC hardware and nice graphics.
Pls avoid this game. According to me, this is not even worth purchasing on sale.
Turbo_anup is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 20:20   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Ps4 is still out of stock seems. Been checking on Amazon for a while now without any luck. Anyone knows when it will become available?
And still the situation is same. I think PS4 is out of production for good. Even PS5 is nowhere to be found.
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:54   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Assassin's Creed series, GTA, COD series, NFS (underground 2, MW, the Run) and Fifa. I'd really like to replay those games, as I'm more into storyline and vibes of the game, I don't care about graphics performance at all. My question is how do I get to play these games ?
It is a little tricky to get hold of some older games legitimately. Steam and GoG are some of the stores you can check if the games are available. Once you buy a copy, you retain it till eternity. The only catch is that Steam needs to run in background, but there is no performance impact. GoG, on the other hand, sells DRM-free copies, so you just install and run the game.

Steam is going to have its Summer Sale soon (culminates around July 4), you can get some really good deals.

However, beware that with older games even if they are available in these storefronts, they are often trimmed of copyrighted content - e.g. NFS games may not have all the cars, GTA may not have all the radio station original soundtrack, because the copyright contracts expired.

Gamepass is a subscription service on PC/ XBox, where you pay monthly just like Netflix and get access to games. The library is pretty big, and you can check out PC gamepass for like 3 months. But older games might be capped at 30 fps, something I find too difficult to live with.

Another suggestion I have is to also check modern releases. There are many good ones, as mentioned above Witcher 3, Divinity Original Sin (if you are into old school RPGs), Cyberpunk 2077 (one of the best stories and most of the issues are now sorted in 2022), God of War (PS title on PC), and last but not the least, Elden Ring (a game of the decade contender, just like Skyrim was last decade). None of the above would be too demanding for modern hardware, and focus on gameplay rather than bling.
mayukh42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 16:08   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Gamers of T- BHP, I recently got myself a decent gaming laptop and I would like to do some gaming. In my college days I've spent hours playing Assassin's Creed series, GTA, COD series, NFS (underground 2, MW, the Run) and Fifa. I'd really like to replay those games, as I'm more into storyline and vibes of the game, I don't care about graphics performance at all. My question is how do I get to play these games ? Is there any subscription services for games as well ? How does this steam / gamepass works ? Which way will be cheaper for me and also where can I find these older games to rent / purchase ? I really appreciate your help guys ! TIA !
Steam has most of the games you mentioned (I carry many of them in my account) except for the NFS series which I don't remember seeing, but I never searched for them there. It's a pretty sorted deal as the installation happens on your laptop with downloads from steam server - the older games function without any cloud uplink and only ask for a steam key code while the newer ones upload everytime you start or end the game on your system . Apart from the larger sale(s) like the one @mayukh42 mentioned, there's always sales happening on a much smaller scale (say by a particular gaming org like Valve or Ubisoft) and you'll see games by those discounted for short durations.

Also there are 3rd party sites (legitimate) where you can buy steam codes for the games, sometimes at quite a decent discount and use it to download the games from Steam server.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 16:20   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
. But older games might be capped at 30 fps, something I find too difficult to live with.

Another suggestion I have is to also check modern releases. There are many good ones, as mentioned above Witcher 3, Divinity Original Sin (if you are into old school RPGs), Cyberpunk 2077 (one of the best stories and most of the issues are now sorted in 2022), God of War (PS title on PC), and last but not the least, Elden Ring (a game of the decade contender, just like Skyrim was last decade). None of the above would be too demanding for modern hardware, and focus on gameplay rather than bling.
Thank you for your detailed response ! Regarding frame rate and graphics I'm not the one to bother about it as much. I've played these older games on my humble Asus X series with cheap LCD display, and thoroughly enjoyed them ! I'll keep my eyes out for Steam sale upcoming. I tried purchasing EA game pass for Steam but Axis bank won't let me use either of my Debit/Credit card for international transactions ! Will PayPal work here ? New games are indeed good, no doubt, but these older games are way too fun for me. So many good memories playing these games with my college buddy
Old 8th December 2022, 19:27   #1035
BHPian

Re: 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Seems like a pretty good overall package except that a 2.0L petrol has absolutely no business in something this big and heavy (should have been the 3.6L Pentastar V6) and missing Quadra-Trac just feels shortchanged.
Completely , but a fellow Alpha 1 dash 1? I was running a Sabre with Nomad weps plus those experimental ones that i forget. Ah, the good old days!
By the way, have you played the STALKER series? Been messing around with the mods and Call of Chernobyl and now Anomaly is quite satisfying.

Last edited by N33raj : 8th December 2022 at 19:41. Reason: Adding in another Mod
N33raj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks