Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2016, 16:49   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Hi Guys, i have a similar query like kbk_75 except that it is for the PS4 Slim.

I have bought the Ps4 Slim edition which is basically US import version bought from Bangkok. The query is regarding the Voltage. The box reads as power values from 100-240 V. Will it be fine to directly plug in India or do i need a step down converter?

Appreciate any first hand experiences before i plug it in
Yes PS4 works anywhere without any sort of converter. It has a power supply that is auto ranging with an active pfc.
Old 14th December 2016, 11:31   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
1. What adaptations to I have to do to play the US based console in India ? Do i need a converter for the Voltage difference ?

little confused here because most electronics these days are made to work on both power ratings. Kindly advise.

2. I am also buying a couple of games such as Forza 6, GTA 5 etc. Will these work if I have a India Microsoft account

3. Will i be able to play all games purchased from the US seamlessly ? And also will i be able to download the digital copies of the games available from amazon sitting in india ?

4. What are the other things should I note before I get started.

Appreciate all responses.
I've got the same one too.

No, it will work just fine with out power outlets, no need for a voltage converter.

Some games might be region locked only if you buy them from the respective country's Live Store say US

You can buy any games you want from the Store be it physical or online copy and play them as they are not region locked.

One thing that we don't get is Cortana, XBOX Assistant.

Off Topic- Picked up PS4 Pro and XBOX One S for an amazing deal during the Black Friday sale along with a lot of games,blu rays and the new gen 4K Blu Ray movies.
Old 14th December 2016, 14:53   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
I've got the same one too.

No, it will work just fine with out power outlets, no need for a voltage converter.

Some games might be region locked only if you buy them from the respective country's Live Store say US

You can buy any games you want from the Store be it physical or online copy and play them as they are not region locked.

One thing that we don't get is Cortana, XBOX Assistant.

Off Topic- Picked up PS4 Pro and XBOX One S for an amazing deal during the Black Friday sale along with a lot of games,blu rays and the new gen 4K Blu Ray movies.
A peculiar thing - bought my PS4 from the US. But have bought games from there and here in India - all of them play without any issues.
Old 14th December 2016, 15:12   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
A peculiar thing - bought my PS4 from the US. But have bought games from there and here in India - all of them play without any issues.
Mine does too, I was referring to games bought from the online store will be linked to your account in the said country.
Old 26th December 2016, 20:12   #725
BHPian

Just got myself the PS4 . Loving it so far( actually struggling to adapt to the controller ). I have been(and always will be) a PC gamer and a part of the PCMasterRace. So if anyone plays F1 2016( PC/ PS4) and would like to play online? I also play Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars on PC. Would love to play online with fellow BHPians.
Old 30th December 2016, 09:18   #726
BHPian

I use the following websites to pick up pre-owned games for my PS4.
alvoff / gamexs / gameloot / webuy.

Are there any other reliable websites to buy games from?
Old 21st February 2017, 17:30   #727
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie to gaming world. Currently, i have decided to get PS4 Slim with Uncharted 4 and NFS rivals from US. Is the motion camera worth to go for $39? Any specific games with motion control worth buying?

Appreciate your response!
Old 23rd February 2017, 00:19   #728
Senior - BHPian

Anyone played The Journey?

Beautiful game!
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:02   #729
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I do see Amazon Prime videos App available for Xbox live in other countries, but not in India. Just a sloppy release of their Prime videos without seeing they have enabled apps in country they are releasing. Netflix did better, they enabled their app in Xbox live in India before marketing their release. Complained to Amazon customer care, they said their technical team is looking into it.
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:18   #730
BHPian

For PS3 there is a workaround for Amazon Prime Video App. I found it on the web, Create a user for a different country eg USA. and then download the app. Now using Prime on my TV without any issue via the PS3. Not sure if the same can work for XBOX.
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:28   #731
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Anyone played The Journey?

Beautiful game!
You mean Journey from thatgamecompany?

Here're my impressions when I had played it 4 years back:

Quote:
Started the title and it is absolutely fantastic! I just loved the whole concept - something which seems to be very unique. And the background score is mesmerizing! Damn thing feels like a pilgrimage to nowhere. Played for some 2 hours and called it quits. Shall resume it today and possibly complete it.

Fortunately the Collector's Edition lets the player download the artwork and soundtracks of the titles to the PS3's hard drive which can then be copied to a pen drive from the XMB.

Anyways, completed Journey yesterday. It's a very short game - took me 40 mins. or so to complete the remaining parts so may be 3 hours tops. Brilliant game it is. The two things that stood out were the visuals and the soundtracks. There isn't much to write about gameplay here. I would love to give it another shot sometime later after connecting the console online. Felt completely different - a perfect game to unwind oneself after a day's tiring work. Good job thatgamecompany!

Began Flower immediately after that and I can confirm that soundtracks and artwork for the remaining titles can be saved to the console.
Old 23rd February 2017, 13:35   #732
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
For PS3 there is a workaround for Amazon Prime Video App. I found it on the web, Create a user for a different country eg USA. and then download the app. Now using Prime on my TV without any issue via the PS3. Not sure if the same can work for XBOX.
Oh Thanks. Will try that in Xbox.
Old 24th February 2017, 21:11   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
You mean Journey from thatgamecompany?

Here're my impressions when I had played it 4 years back:
Hehe, I knew you would have finished the game already! Yup, wonderful, simple game. But keeps you hooked - I finished it in one sitting. I had played it connected online the first time - so I assumed that the other character that joined me in the journey was actually an NPC - till later I found that it is actually a player who has joined me online! Interesting addition to the game. But am playing it now not connected to the internet - will finish it without any help.

Also, did you play Inside? By Playdead studios - same guys who made Limbo.
Old 2nd April 2017, 19:55   #734
BHPian

Hey guys, quick questions-

a. I possess an Amazon Prime account, and is there any way to get it on the PS4 Slim? Called up their customer service who said it was an UK instance which is provided for Indian subscribers, and promised to get back to me on this with no avail thus far.
In the interim, I received a request from Netflix granting me another month's free trial and I was impressed that they've an app on PS4 with a decent variety of movies albeit pricier than the Amazon folks. Please advise if you know a workaround.

b. My PS4 Slim doesn't seem to detect my Home Wifi and sometimes iPhone (when I try to tether it)- strangely, it detects the Wifi Airtel Dongle I have and my spouse's Samsung S7 edge. Please take note the issue is intermittent.
Old 21st April 2017, 14:56   #735
Senior - BHPian

I want to reignite my passion for gaming. I used to play a heck lot of games during school time but eventually lost interest with passage of time.

I mostly used to play sports games like FIFA, F1, Moto GP, TOCA, and related similar type of games on PC.

Now considering my area of interest in gaming limited to sports/racing, please suggest me the product that I should go for?

A good gaming PC, A Sony Play station or XBOX.

Since I am new to Play stations, I don't have much knowledge about them.

Please suggest.

Most Viewed