Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2016, 14:03   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Awesome! Man, I so feel like grabbing a PS4 right now but the number of titles are way too less at the moment.

Tell us more about UC4 Naveen. Is it as big a leap from UC3 as UC>UC2?
Hello! Well, I have only played the Uncharted series on the PS4 but yes, UC4 is better on graphics on the PS4 than UC3 was on the PS4. I felt it was a much more polished product, no glitches, smooth gameplay and not much of irritating stuff to replay again and again to get through the game. Nearing the end - I am at the final boss fight.
Old 20th July 2016, 22:40   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

Finished Arkham Asylum, playing NBA whenever I can squeeze in about half hour.

Any suggestions for good PS3 games? No shooters or racing titles. I need something with a mix of strategy, uniquely entertaining gameplay, bit of all like brainwork, action, puzzles and good gameplay. I think DC makes the most perfect PS Games ever via titles like Arkham Asylum, Arkham City etc.

In sports NBA is the only game I like, I'm sure FIFA if realistic will be a big fat yawn what with the average of 1-2 goals per game.

Yet to play Sports Champions 2 as the Motion Controller and Camera required aren't setup as yet.
Old 25th July 2016, 23:33   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
Thanks for the information. Where did you purchase the step down converter ?
There are multiple options in Amazon. I am not sure which one would work as expected.
Hey man, sorry for the late reply. My buddy had an extra one lying around and I grabbed it off him.

Alright, I just checked, the one I have is made by Maxcon. it is rated for 500W of power. There are third party power adapters too, I have one of those and it works fine.

In 2011 when I was in India for 6 months, I brought my 360 here, I contacted Microsoft for a power adapter, they verified my console based on the Serial Number and they were generous enough to exchange my American adapter for an Indian one, shipping all paid by them. This time, they didn't even have an adapter available for purchase. Disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Guys I want to buy gaming console for my kids. Which one should I go for? XBOX One or PS4. My priority is kinect games (Gesture control) and long playing games. Is there any bundle offer where I can buy games in bundle at low price?
I wouldn't rely on Kinect as much. I have one, it is cool and useful for voice commands but besides that, there isn't a single game that I have actually used it for. I think there was Dead Rising that I played when the console launched which used the room light feature to alert the enemies etc.

In India, I would suggest a PS4 considering there is a much larger community and support I believe. I can't tell for the digital sales and such because both my accounts are based from North America, so everything is still in $$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Playing Uncharted 4 now. What a game! Spectacular graphics, great storyline as always. Naughty dog always comes up with some great games!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Awesome! Man, I so feel like grabbing a PS4 right now but the number of titles are way too less at the moment.

Tell us more about UC4 Naveen. Is it as big a leap from UC3 as UC>UC2?
I played the first 3 games on the PS3 when they came out and been playing UC4 since the past week or so. Graphics are top notch like you would expect from any Naughty Dog game, combat and movement is crisp, they always were for all of the UC games. I play them for the Story and Combat and I've been a happy customer so far, almost nearing the end though. I do have the say, graphics do wow me at times.

Besides those, I grabbed Red Dead Redemption on Xbox Live for about $7 when it was on sale couple of weeks ago. I just fired up the game today to see how the graphics are holding up on the Xbox One via backwards compatibility and count me impressed, game still holds up and the frame rate is fluid. I highly recommend this game to those who missed it the previous generation and now have an Xbox One, you won't be disappointed.
Old 27th July 2016, 20:32   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
suggestions for good PS3 games? No shooters or racing titles.
Try Dead Space 2, one of the best atmospheric survival horror/action games. If open world games are your thing, Red Dead Redemption, Far Cry 3 or GTA V can keep you occupied for a long time. Conversely if narrative elements matter to you, try Uncharted 2/3, Last of Us or Bioshock Infinite.

Such a versatile library, the PS3 has.
Old 28th July 2016, 01:20   #695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Try Dead Space 2, one of the best atmospheric survival horror/action games. Such a versatile library, the PS3 has.
Versatile yes, but seems like none for me unfortunately. I'm not one for horror/action.. the days of computer Doom/Quake are wayyy behind me and I feel shooters/survival games wear out after the first hour (personally). I certainly don't have the patience for open-world, I'm having a hard enough time with Arkham City. I'd like it as closed-world and no-brains as possible!

I simply hate how EVERY PS3 game has complex storylines, deep intros and needs hours and hours to master and finish. It sure ain't computer gaming and I regret buying it as of now. I expected something to unwind with for about 15 minutes a day but its not, even a brainless game like NFS comes with an hour of intro, back-story and possibly the worst driving calibration I've ever seen (The Run). Ah well maybe I'll Quikr it away if I cant get my style of games anymore.
Old 30th July 2016, 13:23   #696
BHPian

Xbox One: Help needed for repairs

I got an Xbox One as a present recently and the console was bought in the US. While setting it up, I forgot that the Power Brick was suited to sockets in the US (110V).

Now I'm guessing everyone can see where this is going for me.

So after checking all the connections, wires, etc., I plugged the Power Chord into the socket (220V) and flicked the switch. Zap! I now have a dead Power Brick. (Yes, I feel like an idiot)

I've been trying to source a replacement Power Brick and Power Chord for week, but haven't been successful. There are options available on Amazon, but I am not sure if these are original accessories.

I contacted Microsoft Support to purchase a new accessory, but have just been going around in circles without anyone being able to tell me what exactly to do or where to get one. They gave me a few contact numbers, but they didn't stock what I need. One of the online chat support staff gave me a reference number and I got a mail that I will have the parts sent to me. Upon contacting the attached phone number, I was told that they would not be able to provide any support for my console.

Would really appreciate it if anyone could point out somewhere or someone I could contact for an original replacement part (preferably in Kolkata).

Alternatively if anyone had any other advice, I would be really thankful.

Cheers!

(Couldn't find any thread for the Xbox One, so started a new topic.)
Old 1st August 2016, 13:53   #697
Team-BHP Support

Re: Xbox One: Help needed for repairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
So after checking all the connections, wires, etc., I plugged the Power Chord into the socket (220V) and flicked the switch. Zap! I now have a dead Power Brick. (Yes, I feel like an idiot)
Microsoft will not provide support for a US product in India. Can you ask who ever purchased the product for you from the US to do this?
http://winsupersite.com/xbox-one/how...e-power-supply

Your last option would be to try one of the 3rd party power supplies like this one.
http://www.amazon.in/Digital-Gaming-.../dp/B00IPGZVT6
Old 2nd August 2016, 11:32   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Microsoft will not provide support for a US product in India. Can you ask who ever purchased the product for you from the US to do this?
http://winsupersite.com/xbox-one/how...e-power-supply

Your last option would be to try one of the 3rd party power supplies like this one.
http://www.amazon.in/Digital-Gaming-.../dp/B00IPGZVT6
I will ask the people in the US to buy it as a last option. I don't want to hassle them unless I am not able to solve the issue here.

I am a little confused with the advice being given by the Microsoft online support team. Cutting a long story short, as things stand as of now, I have been told that they are sending me the replacement items and these should arrive in about 28 days. The strange and confusing bit here is the mail which I got from them didn't have a package tracking number. (See the attached screenshot below).

PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-fullsizerender.jpg

After speaking to the service center (whose number and email address was provided in an earlier mail from Microsoft), I was told they aren't sending anything. But when I asked about the email which I received, he wasn't able to give me any answer. So the next day, I contacted the online support team and was told that the package was on the way, so I would need to wait 2 weeks and see if it arrives. And then to contact them again if nothing arrives.

I went ahead and picked up a non-genuine replacement from a store. After using it for around 1 hour, it overheated and switched off by itself. I am not comfortable with using a non-genuine accessory as there is no guarantee about it's quality or safety. Let's see how this pans out.
Old 2nd August 2016, 11:35   #699
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The strange and confusing bit here is the mail which I got from them didn't have a package tracking number. (See the attached screenshot below).

After speaking to the service center (whose number and email address was provided in an earlier mail from Microsoft), I was told they aren't sending anything. But when I asked about the email which I received, he wasn't able to give me any answer. So the next day, I contacted the online support team and was told that the package was on the way, so I would need to wait 2 weeks and see if it arrives. And then to contact them again if nothing arrives.
LOL it looks like the right does not know what the left hand is doing. Hope you get a replacement.
Old 31st August 2016, 14:42   #700
BHPian

Quote:
I got an Xbox One as a present recently and the console was bought in the US. While setting it up, I forgot that the Power Brick was suited to sockets in the US (110V).
Well, I was in the same situation. I bought the PSU through Amazon couple of weeks back. It is working as expected without any issues.
Is your replacement India spec compatible ? I was unable to get this in-spite of calling the customer care.

Just completed Dragon Age Inquisition. Planning to buy Witcher 3 soon.
Old 5th September 2016, 13:14   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
Well, I was in the same situation. I bought the PSU through Amazon couple of weeks back. It is working as expected without any issues.
Is your replacement India spec compatible ? I was unable to get this in-spite of calling the customer care.

Just completed Dragon Age Inquisition. Planning to buy Witcher 3 soon.
I didn't end up getting a replacement from Microsoft. I don't think I will bother chasing them further from here since I bought a replacement PSU from a reputed store in my city.

The first unit I bought from them was very evidently of poor quality. Not surprisingly, that conked off after about using it for 2 hours. The same store exchanged that PSU with another new unit which looked to be genuine. So far, that has been working flawlessly.

I really wish Microsoft would improve the after-sales support for India. I believe there are enough Xbox users to make this viable. Their online support team seem to mean well, but can't seem to close the issue if they don't have any support on the field.

I've gotten addicted to the games I'm playing currently (Forza Motorsport 2 and Watchdogs) and have ruined my sleep cycle . Next on my list are Fifa 17 and Rory Mcilroy Golf
Old 14th September 2016, 23:46   #702
BANNED

Just got myself a PS3. I have crysis, assasin's creed, need for speed most wanted, tom clancy, mortal kombat right now with the console. Planning on getting GT6 in the next week or so. Any other games suggested? racing or anything. I am not very good at fps. I was thinking of eventually adding wwe 2k16.
Old 15th September 2016, 08:12   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
Just got myself a PS3. I have crysis, assasin's creed, need for speed most wanted, tom clancy, mortal kombat right now with the console. Planning on getting GT6 in the next week or so. Any other games suggested? racing or anything. I am not very good at fps. I was thinking of eventually adding wwe 2k16.
Last of Us and the Uncharted series are highly recommended.
Old 27th September 2016, 20:50   #704
BHPian

Just got myself a new Xbox One S console. Coming from Xbox 360, I was hoping that I should be able to play most of the titles. But to my utter annoyance Not even a single title works on the new platform.

Time to start building a new games library! Any racing, First person shooting recommendations?
Old 4th October 2016, 07:07   #705
BHPian

This seems to be a great deal on Amazon i.e.
http://www.amazon.in/Xbox-One-Consol...eogames&sr=1-9

Since i am a novice in this, wondering what is the catch here considering the huge discount? I am looking for a gaming console for my 8 year old son.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks