Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2015, 11:58   #646
BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
You're gonna love this one! Uncharted 2 more than anything else. Please take all the time you want to complete the 3 titles, explore every nook and cranny, collect the hidden treasures, keep the controller aside, enjoy the visuals - I am sure PS4 would have improved graphics. ...
The PS3 is gathering dust in the TV rack - no more titles to play on it. I've completed most of the exclusives. I didn't have the heart to sell it off - I've put a lot of hours playing some of the best titles that have come for this platform...
Well, you could consider putting that up on giveaway thread (highly wishful thinking)
Or at least share the library with few of us haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yes, much better graphics...
Awesome good to see you here. You've suggested so many games here!
I feel the PS4 is really worth it.
Good to see you here too!

I have just bought a PS3, last month. (talk about bad timing)
Was totally blown away with Uncharted 1 gameplay.

Fortunately, the guy I bought PS3 from, had a real nice library, which he gave with the console at a nice fair price (yay)

God of War 1,2,3, Ascension
Heavenly sword
Uncharted 1,2,3
Infamous 1,2
Red dead redemption
GTA 4 (EFLC bundle)
MGS 4
Killzone 2,3
Mass Effect 3

I am not sure, how in the world I am going to justify the "urge" to buy another game, until I finish the available titles
/first_world_problems, I guess!

But, some proper racing game is missing from the library (hehe)

All in all, this is such an amazing hardware.
I am impressed with the fact that, something that old can produce content that looks so wow on the 1080 screens at home.

Cheers,

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 24th November 2015 at 12:02.
Old 24th November 2015, 12:16   #647
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Well, you could consider putting that up on giveaway thread (highly wishful thinking)
Or at least share the library with few of us haha
Haha I would love to Ace but I never had a library with me during my gaming days. When I bought my PS3, got the older titles from the second-hand market or the low price greatest hits version. Complete the titles in a day or two and sell them on eBay. I would lose 200-300 Rs. at most. For the upcoming ones, I would place a pre-order in Flipkart.

Rockstar buggers never came up with a PC port nor a sequel to it so far.

Quote:
God of War 1,2,3, Ascension
Heavenly sword
Uncharted 1,2,3
Infamous 1,2
Red dead redemption
GTA 4 (EFLC bundle)
MGS 4
Lovely collection! All those would keep you occupied for months together even if you were to complete them in 3-4 days' time. GTA 4 alone would take you a month!

Oh man, Red Dead Redemption! Brings back the good ol' memories of riding the horse in the open world and striking off the secondary objectives one after the other. The story is amazing and so are the objectives. You're gonna love this one! The PS3 version's graphics sucks though. The X360 one was marginally better IMO.

Tip: MGS 4's climax is bloody long! You better prepare accordingly and complete it in one go.
Old 24th November 2015, 12:54   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Haha I would love to Ace but ..
When I bought my PS3, got the older titles from the second-hand market or the low price greatest hits version. Complete the titles in a day or two and sell them on eBay..

Lovely collection! All those would keep you occupied for months together even if you were to complete them in 3-4 days' time. GTA 4 alone would take you a month!
Oh man, Red Dead Redemption! Brings back the good ol' memories ..
You're gonna love this one! The PS3 version's graphics sucks though. The X360 one was marginally better IMO.

Tip: MGS 4's climax is bloody long! You better prepare accordingly and complete it in one go.
Wow, SO many tips & inputs! thank you, Gannu!
I guess, you were/are a true passionate gamer (time or no-time to play now)

I left my gaming "love" way back when I joined college.
The games I played passionately were - Max Payne 1, NFS 2, Porsche, Underground 1, Wolf 3d, AoE 2, Road Rash.
Because, that's all my poor P-III machine could handle

Then later, I did game a little with GTA SA, NFS Carbon/ MW (on laptop with some M-series graphics card) - with overheating woes all the time! (lol)

But, that's it!

I always wanted to pick up on casual games, nothing hardcore as such, but nice visuals & nice gameplay.

Fast forward to today, I have a PS3 and a bunch of titles I-know-are-really-good.

So, just enjoying the time with that!

Oh, and I cannot game for hours together! (Job+marriage, both very demanding..)
So, Uncharted 1 was completed over 3 weeks time!
/I feel sad, after reading, you did it in one sitting.

Haha.

Thanks for all inputs,

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 24th November 2015 at 12:56.
Old 24th November 2015, 13:01   #649
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I feel sad, after reading, you did it in one sitting.
Don't be! If it is any consolation, it has been more than 6 months since I played a game.

Back in the day, it was a craze. I used to quickly complete most titles which aren't RPGs or don't have an open world setting (like GTA).

I am now waiting for The Walking Dead's mini season. Heard Michonne is featured in this one. If you have followed the serial, this is one title you shouldn't be missing.
Old 24th November 2015, 22:27   #650
Senior - BHPian

Good to see some activity on this thread.

I'm playing Witcher 3 now. Good game. Looks solid and interesting. Playing it slowly - taking up side missions etc. I have a feeling this will be a game I will be playing for some time to come.
Old 24th November 2015, 23:29   #651
BHPian

Quote:

I'm playing Witcher 3 now. Good game. Looks solid and interesting. Playing it slowly - taking up side missions etc. I have a feeling this will be a game I will be playing for some time to come.
I still have to unwrap that game and a bunch of others.

Haven't played a game since March and that was Destiny I believe, the last I played. Have a huge backlog on my PS4 and Xbox One now, not just the retail games I keep buying but also the PS+ ones and the Games With Gold ones.

However, I am playing Dragon Age Inquisition on the PS4, huge fan of the original Dragon Age: Origins, just didn't touch the second one, didn't like the art direction it went.
Old 24th November 2015, 23:40   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Best game of the year by far. Tremendous depth to the story and the side quests do not feel like fillers. Each one has a genuine touching story. Lots of grey characters and there is no right or wrong in pretty much every decision you take. Plus a wrong decision ends up biting you back somewhere down the line.
Old 30th November 2015, 17:01   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Best game of the year by far. Tremendous depth to the story and the side quests do not feel like fillers. Each one has a genuine touching story. Lots of grey characters and there is no right or wrong in pretty much every decision you take. Plus a wrong decision ends up biting you back somewhere down the line.
Getting some quests that I simply do not have the level for. Am putting these aside and carrying on with the main quest thread for now. But even that is sometimes tough. Maybe I need to get better weapons etc?
Old 30th November 2015, 18:25   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Getting some quests that I simply do not have the level for. Am putting these aside and carrying on with the main quest thread for now. But even that is sometimes tough. Maybe I need to get better weapons etc?
Drop the difficulty if it is too tough. The game doesn't penalize you. If you come across higher level contracts and quests, leave them for later. In most of Velen, I first did the main quest - once that was completely done, then moved to the others before moving to Novigrad.
Old 1st December 2015, 08:02   #655
BHPian

Just got offloaded an older PS3 from a cousin. Was really into PC games and wanted to try out a console before putting money into that bank!

Coming from CS, Splinter Cell, COD franchise, NFS series, MAss Effect, far cry, crysis on the PC, have just started playing Uncharted on the PS3.

The graphics are a little outdated but Good storyline that keeps you engrossed. I have uncharted 2, that I will play next. Thinking of buying mass effect 3 and splinter cell blacklist as they used to be my favourite games on PC and since both of them are third person shooter, should be okay on the console.
Old 16th December 2015, 00:02   #656
BHPian

I am chiming in late on consoles but I always wanted to own a PS3, but had other expenses or very tight budget.
have owned ps2 earlier but sold it couple of yrs back.

Now I want to have a Gaming Console for my gaming itch which includes GTA V, Last of Us, COD Ghosts red dead redemption etc.

I still cannot afford PS4 as I would need to buy a better and bigger TV to enjoy it so will not be going for PS4 for another year or so.

Should I pick up a second hand PS3

or

Buy the PS3 12GB for around 15k from online/offline store ?

your feedback matters :-)
Old 19th December 2015, 15:47   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
I am chiming in late on consoles but I always wanted to own a PS3, but had other expenses or very tight budget.
have owned ps2 earlier but sold it couple of yrs back.

Now I want to have a Gaming Console for my gaming itch which includes GTA V, Last of Us, COD Ghosts red dead redemption etc.

I still cannot afford PS4 as I would need to buy a better and bigger TV to enjoy it so will not be going for PS4 for another year or so.

Should I pick up a second hand PS3

or

Buy the PS3 12GB for around 15k from online/offline store ?

your feedback matters :-)

ghpk,

Go for the second hand one, you can get good deals along with choice games bundled within the package.
Whereas a brand new one with 12 gb will cost 15 k and makes no sense when so many folks are getting rid of their perfectly working PS3 for excellent prices.

I have a PS3 and a pretty decent library and i am also looking to sell. Moreover I'm also from Ghaziabad. So
Old 19th December 2015, 15:53   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Just got offloaded an older PS3 from a cousin. Was really into PC games and wanted to try out a console before putting money into that bank!

Coming from CS, Splinter Cell, COD franchise, NFS series, MAss Effect, far cry, crysis on the PC, have just started playing Uncharted on the PS3.

The graphics are a little outdated but Good storyline that keeps you engrossed. I have uncharted 2, that I will play next. Thinking of buying mass effect 3 and splinter cell blacklist as they used to be my favourite games on PC and since both of them are third person shooter, should be okay on the console.
Try The Last of Us. That's my favorite PS3 game by far.
Old 24th December 2015, 02:52   #659
BHPian

Ashish.uno sorry about late reply, running dead busy with office work.

Nice to hear you are also in gzb, I am at crossings republik what about you ?

can you PM me your chat ID or details about your console please.
Old 24th December 2015, 06:32   #660
Senior - BHPian

Got myself a PlayStation 4 along with 4 games:
1. The Last Of Us Remastered
2. Destiny
3. Far Cry 4
4. Can't seem to remember the fourth one.

Comparison with my old PS3... well almost all games run at 1080p @ 60 fps and the new dual shock 4 controller is throughly overhauled with new features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks