Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2015, 18:47   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

The Last of Us is just incredible and though very gripping, I get only a few hours to play each day. But will be finishing it soon.

Also guys, need your suggests for a PS4 racing game that 2 of us can play - against each other maybe. Friends turn up at home and it is boring to watch one person play. A racing game would be fun. Any inputs?

EDIT - that was the word I was looking for - splitscreen! Is there any racing game for the PS4 with splitscreen?

Btw, came across this forum called IndianVideoGamer - you get some good trades and deals on used games.

Last edited by naveenroy : 17th June 2015 at 18:53.
Old 22nd June 2015, 16:41   #632
Senior - BHPian

Finished The Last of Us. Wow, just wow! What a game. Incredible.

However, unlike everyone else who has given 10/10 for the game - I will give it a 9/10 - I found it a little frustrating to play as Ellie. But maybe that was the idea of the developers. Spectacular game nonetheless.

Cannot wait to play Uncharted series on the PS4.

Was playing Diablo 3 on the PS4. Hehe, what fun.
Old 23rd June 2015, 09:51   #633
Senior - BHPian

Just got a PS4 for myself, the Last of Us bundle package. Holy god but the LoU game is almost 38 GB in download size and I don't have a dedicated internet Connection at my place (Just a tataphoton Max wifi dongle). It will take ages before I can complete the download!

Guys, I am not a hardcore gamer at heart. I am more interested in games which I can play randomly with ease. How is NFS Rivals as a racing game?
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:53   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been playing this addictive game called Banished, and have sunk 12 hours into it over the weekend itself!
PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-banner02.jpg
Its a city simulator (rather, a village simulator), where the key goal is survival. It is often a brutal or cruel game, because small mistakes can easily result in your people dying off. I had 5-6 cities fail to cross the 5-10 year mark before I was able to stabilize my city. But therein lies the thrill, just seeing your people surviving, and new people being born, and surviving through the years.

It is not a game for everyone, anyone who's into FPS or even RTS games might find it slow and boring (i.e. there's no combat at all). But if you want a more involving game that's slow paced, give this a shot. I like it particularly for the graphics, which give you lush forests.
PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-a41024x576.jpg PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-a71024x576.jpg
It retails at $20 on Steam and gog.com, though sales often drop the price up to 75% to just $5. The game is also tiny - it weighs in at just 100 MB.

What's as impressive is that a single person has built this game from the ground up, right from writing the game engine, to building the graphic assets, etc. And this chap has a blog on the game website where he's described some of the things he went through in the game development, which makes for an interesting read.

NOTE: I have no affiliation with the developer, or the sites that I've linked to. I only want to highlight what I see as a good indie game.

Last edited by arunphilip : 23rd June 2015 at 11:57.
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:07   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Just got a PS4 for myself, the Last of Us bundle package. Holy god but the LoU game is almost 38 GB in download size and I don't have a dedicated internet Connection at my place (Just a tataphoton Max wifi dongle). It will take ages before I can complete the download!

Guys, I am not a hardcore gamer at heart. I am more interested in games which I can play randomly with ease. How is NFS Rivals as a racing game?
Yeah, was in the same situation - but the single player version of the game is "just" around 20 GB.

I am a casual gamer too - but what type of games are you looking for? I think the number of games for the PS4 is still less.
Old 5th July 2015, 19:34   #636
BHPian

Driving Simulator?

Can someone recommend a good driving simulator game for PC? I'm looking for something that you can enjoy for "free driving" to pass time and also that would teach the rules of driving (for others in family). If the game is really of high quality and stable (I tried "City Car Driving". Good, but it was buggy), I'd be willing to get the whole driving gear - steering wheels, pedals and the lot.

Nothing like an hour spent just driving about town, with no fuel spent

Anyone here that's done this before?

Last edited by hellmet : 5th July 2015 at 19:35.
Old 23rd July 2015, 16:45   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yeah, was in the same situation - but the single player version of the game is "just" around 20 GB.

I am a casual gamer too - but what type of games are you looking for? I think the number of games for the PS4 is still less.
Finally took the plunge and order for myself 3 games... NFS Rivals, Driveclub and COD AW. NFS is here already and I am loving it. Sort of nostalgia playing NFS after such a long time. Will review it once I have spent some time with this.

Also, looking forward to buy GTA V and Batman AK. These 5 games should be able to keep me engaged for a long time to come.
Old 23rd July 2015, 17:07   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Finally took the plunge and order for myself 3 games... NFS Rivals, Driveclub and COD AW. NFS is here already and I am loving it. Sort of nostalgia playing NFS after such a long time. Will review it once I have spent some time with this.

Also, looking forward to buy GTA V and Batman AK. These 5 games should be able to keep me engaged for a long time to come.
Thats good stuff! Yes, keep posted about NFS. I wanted to get it too but too addicted playing Diablo3 in Paragon levels. Could never reach it on the PC.

And also, any chance of a split-screen option in NFS?
Old 9th October 2015, 18:21   #639
Senior - BHPian

Ok, couldn't resist and ordered off Uncharted - The Nathan Drake collection that has all the first 3 games for the PS4. Cannot wait to get my hands on it and immerse myself in the lovely gameplay.

Sadly, our resident gaming mod - Gannu_1 has gone missing for some time
Old 9th October 2015, 19:25   #640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ok, couldn't resist and ordered off Uncharted - The Nathan Drake collection that has all the first 3 games for the PS4. Cannot wait to get my hands on it and immerse myself in the lovely gameplay.
You're gonna love this one! Uncharted 2 more than anything else. Please take all the time you want to complete the 3 titles, explore every nook and cranny, collect the hidden treasures, keep the controller aside, enjoy the visuals - I am sure PS4 would have improved graphics.

Uncharted 1 was the first title I had played on the PS3. Took a day off from work and completed it. An unforgettable experience it was! Ditto for 2, 3 and several other titles. Uncharted 4 will be the first on the PS4 when it arrives next year March.

Quote:
Sadly, our resident gaming mod - Gannu_1 has gone missing for some time
Haha I don't have that kind of time now man. Besides, the interests have vastly shifted from gaming to cars since the last 2 years. The PS3 is gathering dust in the TV rack - no more titles to play on it. I've completed most of the exclusives. I didn't have the heart to sell it off - I've put a lot of hours playing some of the best titles that have come for this platform. But I am getting the PS4 next year, completing Uncharted 4, Bloodborne and a few others.
Old 9th October 2015, 21:42   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
You're gonna love this one! Uncharted 2 more than anything else. Please take all the time you want to complete the 3 titles, explore every nook and cranny, collect the hidden treasures, keep the controller aside, enjoy the visuals - I am sure PS4 would have improved graphics.

Uncharted 1 was the first title I had played on the PS3. Took a day off from work and completed it. An unforgettable experience it was! Ditto for 2, 3 and several other titles. Uncharted 4 will be the first on the PS4 when it arrives next year March.
Yes, much better graphics. And I intend to play it slow too. Hehe, but not sure if I can resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Haha I don't have that kind of time now man. Besides, the interests have vastly shifted from gaming to cars since the last 2 years. The PS3 is gathering dust in the TV rack - no more titles to play on it. I've completed most of the exclusives. I didn't have the heart to sell it off - I've put a lot of hours playing some of the best titles that have come for this platform. But I am getting the PS4 next year, completing Uncharted 4, Bloodborne and a few others.
Awesome good to see you here. You've suggested so many games here!

I feel the PS4 is really worth it.
Old 10th October 2015, 11:34   #642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You've suggested so many games here!
Here's the backlog/progress sheet I had maintained since Nov 2010 - Backlog.docx

Old 10th October 2015, 11:57   #643
BHPian

My all time favourite is Ghost Recon. Completed twice since 2012. I have been very busy after that and then also my stuff is gradually been confiscated and self "ownership transferred" by my two daughters and they do girly things with them 👿
Old 16th October 2015, 18:44   #644
BHPian

Guys, Have anybody here bought Fifa16 for xbox 360? I can see a lot of features missing on xbox 360 that are available on xbox one and ps4, but not sure if the career mode innovations is one of them.
Old 18th October 2015, 09:54   #645
BHPian

Hi guys! Just bought Xbox One. PM me you gamertag if interested mine is easy to find. #BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Can someone recommend a good driving simulator game for PC? I'm looking for something that you can enjoy for "free driving" to pass time and also that would teach the rules of driving (for others in family). If the game is really of high quality and stable (I tried "City Car Driving". Good, but it was buggy), I'd be willing to get the whole driving gear - steering wheels, pedals and the lot.

Nothing like an hour spent just driving about town, with no fuel spent

Anyone here that's done this before?
I bought " TheCrew" for the same reason and never disappointed. I have actually spent hours, just cruising on highway from one coast to another with my Logitech Force GT

And first game on Xbox One is again The Crew, till I manage to download Halo Collection (~80gb)

Last edited by Ashir : 18th October 2015 at 09:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks