Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2015, 20:36   #616
BHPian

re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
What I'm about to mention here is pretty old and out of place in this age of PS3, PS4 Xbox etc (I have a PS3 too). I was clearing some junk from my old laptop, when I found a folder named 'Age of Empires 2 - The Conquerors'. I don't know how many years back I installed it on the laptop, but I just checked if it was working and voila!! the game came to life. You should have guessed what happened next . I played the game for 4 straight hrs. Anyone still plays the game here?
AoE 2 always bring back fond memories of the college days. We used to spend endless hours playing on the LAN.
It's a great game even as a single player. In the group, we gradually moved to "Enpire Earth" and "Counter Strike", which we are playing even today across the geographies.

Coming back to AoE2, did you try the code "howdoyouturnthison"?
Old 3rd June 2015, 16:26   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The price is really tempting!

Naveen, have you played the exclusives that were out for the PS3? Little Big Planet, Infamous, Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, God of War, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo are a few examples. Most of the titles that are about to release on the PS4 are going to be either sequels to these titles that released on the PS3 or an entirely new IP, e.g. Bloodborne. If you haven’t played those, you will miss out on the main storyline interconnecting these titles. But if you aren’t really bothered about that, you can always read up on Wiki and start the title on the PS4.

Getting the console from US has another issue - Sony India not honoring the warranty but I haven’t read any major issues about the PS4 like the dreaded YLOD on the PS3.
Hehe, finally got the PS4. Did get the Last of Us with it but man, it is a 40GB download! Any way to get around that? My FUP itself is only 60 GB.

Got some games - FC4, Diablo 3, Thief, Wolfenstein, Watchdogs.
Old 3rd June 2015, 16:35   #618
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Hehe, finally got the PS4. Did get the Last of Us with it but man, it is a 40GB download! Any way to get around that? My FUP itself is only 60 GB.

Got some games - FC4, Diablo 3, Thief, Wolfenstein, Watchdogs.
Woah nice!

Did you get it locally or from abroad?

Anyways, for the game downloads, looks like a recent firmware enables pause and resume for downloads. Check this out - link

As for the FPS titles, you will take a bit to get used to aiming using the controller. But you'll master it in no time. I can guarantee you that. I started with Resistance and Killzone 2 on the PS3 and before I knew it, the headshot counts were going up! Wolfenstein is a solid FPS to have come out in the recent times and I enjoyed the title on the PC.

The Last of Us - I won't say anything and will leave it to you.
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:41   #619
Senior - BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
As for the FPS titles, you will take a bit to get used to aiming using the controller. But you'll master it in no time. I can guarantee you that. I started with Resistance and Killzone 2 on the PS3 and before I knew it, the headshot counts were going up! Wolfenstein is a solid FPS to have come out in the recent times and I enjoyed the title on the PC.

The Last of Us - I won't say anything and will leave it to you.
Thanks! Got it from the US. Hope I get used to it soon. Not getting enough time to play - though I tested FC4 for a bit.

Yes, for the Last of Us, guess I will download it over a few months!
Old 8th June 2015, 20:38   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Got it from the US. Hope I get used to it soon. Not getting enough time to play - though I tested FC4 for a bit.

Yes, for the Last of Us, guess I will download it over a few months!
But I couldn't resist and downloaded off the single player version of the game - some 13 gigs. Started playing. Interesting!
Old 8th June 2015, 20:42   #621
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But I couldn't resist and downloaded off the single player version of the game - some 13 gigs. Started playing. Interesting!
Excellent! I am not sure what the MP has to offer for The Last of Us but SP will keep you engrossed. Took me a day to finish it off. Took an off from work and did. Amazing experience! One of a kind.

Do play the DLC as well.
Old 8th June 2015, 23:27   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Excellent! I am not sure what the MP has to offer for The Last of Us but SP will keep you engrossed. Took me a day to finish it off. Took an off from work and did. Amazing experience! One of a kind.

Do play the DLC as well.
One of my favorite games of all time, loved every minute of it, game is really gripping.

I haven't played the DLC yet, still need to get the PS4 version and replay it.
Old 9th June 2015, 17:22   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
What I'm about to mention here is pretty old and out of place in this age of PS3, PS4 Xbox etc (I have a PS3 too). I was clearing some junk from my old laptop, when I found a folder named 'Age of Empires 2 - The Conquerors'. I don't know how many years back I installed it on the laptop, but I just checked if it was working and voila!! the game came to life. You should have guessed what happened next . I played the game for 4 straight hrs. Anyone still plays the game here?
I've played heaps of AOE and AOE 2 once upon a time (still do when my brother and I are in the same city and have nothing else planned). The original AOE was actually immensely popular with me - I remember the difficult AI and slow single player campaign that took me weeks to finish a single level. AOE 2 is, of course, much more improved.

If you have the time for multiplayer consider installing Gameranger - a free multiplayer service for legacy games. Lots of people still play AOE multiplayer online.
Old 10th June 2015, 15:24   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M R K View Post

Coming back to AoE2, did you try the code "howdoYouturnthison"?
Oh yes, I've tried all those 'special' codes. Adds to the fun you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
I've played heaps of AOE and AOE 2 once upon a time (still do when my brother and I are in the same city and have nothing else planned). The original AOE was actually immensely popular with me - I remember the difficult AI and slow single player campaign that took me weeks to finish a single level. AOE 2 is, of course, much more improved.

If you have the time for multiplayer consider installing Gameranger - a free multiplayer service for legacy games. Lots of people still play AOE multiplayer online.
Thanks, will check out Gameranger. Yep, even I graduated after playing AoE and I agree with your observations. Then came Age of Mythology which, to be honest, was not my cup of tea
Old 16th June 2015, 06:06   #625
Team-BHP Support

E3 2015 announcement trailers!

Dark Souls III:

Doom:

Mirror's Edge Catalyst:

Old 16th June 2015, 13:03   #626
BHPian

Yay! Just got my PS3 delivered at home! Now waiting for my shift to end so that I can rush home and experience 'Uncharted 2' + GT 6 on my new console!!
I'm absolutely new to console gaming so request the experienced PS3 gamers to suggest a few good titles to me! I'm more into racing games than fps / role playing.
Old 16th June 2015, 13:21   #627
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Yay! Just got my PS3 delivered at home! Now waiting for my shift to end so that I can rush home and experience 'Uncharted 2' + GT 6 on my new console!!
I'm absolutely new to console gaming so request the experienced PS3 gamers to suggest a few good titles to me! I'm more into racing games than fps / role playing.
Congrats!

Before starting Uncharted 2, I suggest you begin with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. This is the first part of the series and not only will you familiarise with the recurring characters of the series by playing this part, the storyline of the first is amazing and not to be missed.

FPS - Resistance series (Fall of Man, 2 and 3) and Killzone 2, 3.

RPG - Demon's Souls, Dark Souls (the Souls series are not the typical RPG titles and requires a lot of patience. These titles will be a genuine challenge for a regular RPG player).

Interactive drama - Heavy Rain (must play!), Beyond: Two Souls.

Not sure if you are into hack-n-slash type titles. If yes, you should attempt the God of War series. Parts 1 & 2 have been remastered for the PS3 and the trilogy is available as a combo pack.
Old 16th June 2015, 13:22   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post

No Matter what your Genre....A copy of GTAV is a must.Nothing else like that game. Believe me when I say, I have bought a console just so I can play this game.
Old 17th June 2015, 07:30   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats!

Before starting Uncharted 2, I suggest you begin with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.
Thanks for the suggestion! I've started Gran Turismo 6 for now, will be stuck with it for at-least a few weeks considering I'll only be able to game for a couple of hours on weekdays and a lot of weekends (provided the wife allows)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokztar View Post
No Matter what your Genre....A copy of GTAV is a must.Nothing else like that game.
GTA V is surely something that I do not intend to miss. At this stage I'll be concentrating on 1 game at a time, let's see how it goes!!
Old 17th June 2015, 17:17   #630
BHPian

Did you guys watch the need for speed 2015 E3 trailer? Looks like my underground 2 game finally has a successor worthy of the title! That and AMD's announcement come as music to my ears!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks