Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2015, 12:28   #601
BHPian

re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Anyone playing Drive Club on PS4?
We could form a club and drive together!
PM me your id to add you.
Old 15th May 2015, 12:16   #602
Distinguished - BHPian

Any DotA champs here, who lives in BLR ?

I need help from someone one who knows the game well. The help is not to play the game, but would like him to use that knowledge to coach someone I know to Not play the game as much as he is doing now.

Last edited by condor : 15th May 2015 at 12:20.
Old 15th May 2015, 15:40   #603
BHPian

Condor sir, you need someone to help the someone you know to stop playing too much?

I currently am stuck with GTA V on PC. Gotta love the graphics.
Old 15th May 2015, 16:13   #604
Distinguished - BHPian

No laughing matter that, when the person has got addicted and his studies are affected badly
Old 15th May 2015, 16:28   #605
Team-BHP Support

Yeah, no laughing matter that.

I've been a mild gaming addict myself in the past during high school/college days, but thankfully gave up before it got out of hand. I'm VERY careful now of staying away from certain types of games. Hectic work life and a better half now act as automatic balancers

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th May 2015 at 16:31.
Old 15th May 2015, 20:45   #606
BHPian

I Mostly played NFS Mostwanted, Crysis 1, Farcry 1, F.E.A.R. 1 & 2, Counterstrike GO, Racedriver GRID 1&2, Dirt 1,2&3 on PC. Recently i purchased ps4 and enjoyed playing Killzone shadowfall, BF 4, Farcry 4, COD AW.

Does anyone having DRIVCLUB ? i am looking forward to it. is it worth buying..?
Old 15th May 2015, 21:36   #607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Chetan_Rao : I've been a mild gaming addict myself in the past during high school/college days, but thankfully gave up before it got out of hand.
If you had known this game, I would have asked you for help. Such online multi-player games can be taken to extremes if one is not careful, and that's what is happening here.
Old 15th May 2015, 22:42   #608
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you had known this game, I would have asked you for help. Such online multi-player games can be taken to extremes if one is not careful, and that's what is happening here.
I empathize, and sorry I can't be of help with any modern games. A decade or so ago in college, I witnessed first hand lots of potentially destroyed careers caused by addiction to World of Warcraft, Halo and other similar games. I had college classmates staying up playing all night with semester exams the next morning. Most people don't have any idea just how bad video game addiction can get.

I do think you should consider some form of counseling for the person involved before it spirals completely out of control. Not trying to be all doom & gloom but your post brought up some really unpleasant memories.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th May 2015 at 22:44.
Old 15th May 2015, 22:57   #609
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry about that, Chetan. Situation here is quite bad .. and every word of your post is applicable here. He is not ready for counseling. Hence I am trying to reach out here.
Old 17th May 2015, 02:09   #610
BHPian

I just got myself a new PS3. With most people moving onto PS4 guessed this was a good time to buy the console and get to play cheaper games. As of now on the Uncharted series. The game especially part 2 doesn't feel like it's being played on a console that is i guess over 8 years old.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th May 2015 at 08:20. Reason: Strictly no mention of trading on the forums! Thanks.
Old 20th May 2015, 23:56   #611
BHPian

Anybody here who plays or has played Runescape ?

Condor i understand your concern. I used to play runescape (an mmorpg) during engineering and used to spend long hours every day playing this game. My addiction got even worse when i came to US for higher education and got myself a credit card which helped me become a member player (p2p - pay to play). I used to stay back in my university lab with the intention of working on research thesis, but ended up playing the game all night. Instead of graduating in 2 years i had to prolong my thesis work for 6 more months, thanks to my gaming addiction.

But at the same time, i wanted to quit as well. I started by giving away items for free. At the same time i had this realization that in a couple of years i will start working and mmorpg's will not help me in future. This helped me slowly but eventually quit.

I have no idea about dota, but since it is an mmorpg you can try:

1) Cancel the membership, if any. Free to play players have very limited access to content.

2) Downgrade your computer to support minimum graphics. I have a sony vaio with i3 processor. Although i could have bought myself a lenovo laptop with really good graphics for the same money, but i stopped myself from getting it and instead got a sony vaio with in-built basic graphics card. The gaming experience on sony vaio is very basic. This way I controlled my addiction to a certain degree.

3) If the person is ready to quit, but cannot because of his addiction, then ask him to give away his in-game items and go totally bankrupt. Making all that in-game money from scratch is a tedious and time consuming process and maybe that will help them loose some interest.

4) As we all know games are a very convenient way to cut off from the world/worldy problems for a while. Make sure that the person always has some company with him/her, which will help them stay away from the game.

5) There are motivational videos on youtube about gamers quitting mmorpg's and getting in shape. One such video i watched long time ago was called "Runescape to In Shape". Maybe that can help.

6) MMORPG's are games with no end. They can go on forever. Even if you have maxed your skills, there is always something for you to do. Game developers always release new content to keep gamers hooked onto the game. So you may raise the question that when do they intend to stop ?

6) Team members/friends can always influence one to return back to the game. Pixels friends over Real friends OR the other way ?
Old 21st May 2015, 00:12   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
I just got myself a new PS3. With most people moving onto PS4 guessed this was a good time to buy the console and get to play cheaper games. As of now on the Uncharted series. The game especially part 2 doesn't feel like it's being played on a console that is i guess over 8 years old.
Congrats on your purchase! Uncharted is absolutely amazing. Do try The Last of Us as well. Beautiful game.
Old 31st May 2015, 00:24   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
Anyone playing Drive Club on PS4?
We could form a club and drive together!
PM me your id to add you.
Man, I got the game at launch and still haven't put the disc in my PS4 yet. Have a bunch of games like that, bought a bunch when I was coming to India.

I thought I'd be bored here so figured I bring my whole load of gadgets but barely got any time to spend on them.

I did manage to finish Lords Of The Fallen however. After I just played Destiny a ton, kinda got bored with it for now, haven't played the new DLC yet.

Will surely send you an invite when I fire up that Driveclub disc.
Old 2nd June 2015, 10:14   #614
Senior - BHPian

Finally. A PS4. I am new the console gaming and this is my first console. Talk about a late bloomer

Anyways, got Wolfenstein, Far Cry 4, Thief, Watch Dogs and Diablo 3. Nice to play on the console though it is taking some time getting used to the aiming etc. Overall, a nice experience though.

Also, downloaded Limbo - have played it on the PC and wanted to check it out here. Also, guys, a question - I have redeemed the free code for the Last of Us - but the game is a whopping 40 GB! Anyway to get around this? Like pause the download cause my FUP limit itself is only 60GB. Irritating.
Old 2nd June 2015, 11:55   #615
Senior - BHPian

What I'm about to mention here is pretty old and out of place in this age of PS3, PS4 Xbox etc (I have a PS3 too). I was clearing some junk from my old laptop, when I found a folder named 'Age of Empires 2 - The Conquerors'. I don't know how many years back I installed it on the laptop, but I just checked if it was working and voila!! the game came to life. You should have guessed what happened next . I played the game for 4 straight hrs. Anyone still plays the game here?

PS: I have Red Alert 2 installed as well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks