Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2015, 07:59   #586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
The other games I play are GT and Killzone .
While Killzone Shadow Fall was released only on PS4, the future GT series too will be released only on that platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Quite possibly, I'd be investing in a PS4 just in time before the release.
I'm sitting with two outdated consoles - PS3 and XBOX 360. All the recent releases on these platforms are getting step motherly treatment. The best example is Forza Horizon 2. I've stopped playing it and using it as a paperweight. It's high time to invest on the new consoles.

Anyone here knows how to source Dragon Age Inquisitions? Idiots are not releasing that game in India.
Old 15th March 2015, 14:03   #587
Team-BHP Support

re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I'm sitting with two outdated consoles - PS3 and XBOX 360.
Haha tell me about it! I sold my X360 long back (sans the wireless controller) when I was done with most of the good exclusives and a few console exclusives. These were the titles I had played before I sold it off:

Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo: Reach
Gears of War 2
Alan Wake
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Shadow Complex
Perfect Dark Zero
Gears of War 3
Halo 4
Batman: Arkham City
Shadows of the Damned
Asura's Wrath
Binary Domain
Catherine
Ninja Gaiden 3
Devil May Cry
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Gears of War: Judgment
Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

OTOH, I have decided to keep my PS3 since that console is close to my heart and I've spent a lot of good hours with a lot of good exclusives - something that the X360 remotely came close to. Today, I have just one title to give it company - Journey CE. Includes Journey, Fl0w and Flower. Brilliant titles all of them. Don't think there's anything more in store for the PS3 and X360 now.

Quote:
Anyone here knows how to source Dragon Age Inquisitions? Idiots are not releasing that game in India.
EA isn't officially releasing the game AFAIK. I think whatever copies are being sold here are imported?
Old 15th March 2015, 14:08   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you considered buying from US and using sites like shopandship,borderlinx etc if nobody is willing to carry it for you ? I've used these sites to buy other stuff from US and UK.

I also have to buy a few games since i've got bored of playing the same one's again and again. Just finished Uncharted 3 for the 6th time

Any of you guys tried Far Cry 4 ?
Old 15th March 2015, 18:56   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
EA isn't officially releasing the game AFAIK. I think whatever copies are being sold here are imported?
Yes, I guess they are imported illegally as EA has no plans of releasing it here due to cultural issues(!?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Have you considered buying from US and using sites like shopandship,borderlinx etc if nobody is willing to carry it for you ? I've used these sites to buy other stuff from US and UK.
I haven't tried any of those sites. Will take a look at them. I had asked one of my friend (a non-gamer) returning from US but he bought Dragon Age II instead of Inquisitions

Quote:
Any of you guys tried Far Cry 4 ?
I have played FC4. It's a must play game. It's set in Himalayas.
Old 15th March 2015, 18:59   #590
BHPian

New Gamer

I am new to console gaming.

Bought Xbox360, the model with 500gb (w/o Kinect) for Rs.20,000 from Amazon.in (for the forthcoming holidays for my teenaged children).

Planning to play mostly horror games!

Bought, and playing Resident Evil 6, a good game, gives you goosebumps!
(have already tried RE4 and RE5 earlier on my PC).

Bought Forza-Horizon-2 for car driving (got it for a discount).
Was browsing the web through the Xbox, found and bought Prince-of-Persia Classic for Rs.450 (downloadable).
Ordered Doom 3 BFG edition through Amazon.in.
Hoping to have fun in the near future!

Any tips from Veterans welcome!

Last edited by manim : 15th March 2015 at 19:02.
Old 16th March 2015, 10:50   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I haven't tried any of those sites. Will take a look at them. I had asked one of my friend (a non-gamer) returning from US but he bought Dragon Age II instead of Inquisitions
Lol. I can understand why,with so many titles its very easy for a non-gamer to get confused.

Quote:
I have played FC4. It's a must play game. It's set in Himalayas.
Thanks for the input Will pick it up soon.
Old 16th March 2015, 11:00   #592
Team-BHP Support

As for me, gaming has taken a backseat for a couple of months now. Yet to complete The Wolf Among Us. Also picked up Guacamelee but yet to begin the title. It supports local co-op so it'll be fun.

Quote:
I had asked one of my friend (a non-gamer) returning from US but he bought Dragon Age II instead of Inquisitions

Haha how did that mix up happen? Did you ask him to pick up a copy from a B&M store?
Old 16th March 2015, 11:04   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haha how did that mix up happen? Did you ask him to pick up a copy from a B&M store?
He saw "Dragon Age" and just bought it. Didn't care to check if its Inquisition or II
Old 16th March 2015, 11:13   #594
Team-BHP Support

I’ve always had a thing for RPGs with good SP campaigns. It all started with Mass Effect 1 and the rest is history. And then, someone insisted me to begin Demon’s Souls - one of the hardest titles I’ve played in my history of gaming but rewarding and with a sense of accomplishment like no other! Then came Dark Souls, beaten that as well. Wasn’t as great as Demon’s Souls because it felt similar but the difference in level designs was worth a gameplay. The Witcher and Witcher 2 also deserves a mention - terrific SP campaigns! I am eagerly waiting for Witcher 3 now.
Old 16th March 2015, 11:26   #595
Senior - BHPian

Simple question. Does it make sense for a casual gamer to pick up the PS4? Can get it from the US, so price will be around 24k.
Old 16th March 2015, 11:33   #596
BHPian

Used to play a lot of Point and Shoot games back in college (who hasn't?) - Sometimes I still play COD, but that is just about it.

Was absolutely crazy about COD, endless hours of madness.
Old 16th March 2015, 11:39   #597
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Simple question. Does it make sense for a casual gamer to pick up the PS4? Can get it from the US, so price will be around 24k.
The price is really tempting!

Naveen, have you played the exclusives that were out for the PS3? Little Big Planet, Infamous, Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, God of War, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo are a few examples. Most of the titles that are about to release on the PS4 are going to be either sequels to these titles that released on the PS3 or an entirely new IP, e.g. Bloodborne. If you haven’t played those, you will miss out on the main storyline interconnecting these titles. But if you aren’t really bothered about that, you can always read up on Wiki and start the title on the PS4.

Getting the console from US has another issue - Sony India not honoring the warranty but I haven’t read any major issues about the PS4 like the dreaded YLOD on the PS3.
Old 18th March 2015, 15:38   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The price is really tempting!

Naveen, have you played the exclusives that were out for the PS3? Little Big Planet, Infamous, Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, God of War, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo are a few examples. Most of the titles that are about to release on the PS4 are going to be either sequels to these titles that released on the PS3 or an entirely new IP, e.g. Bloodborne. If you haven’t played those, you will miss out on the main storyline interconnecting these titles. But if you aren’t really bothered about that, you can always read up on Wiki and start the title on the PS4.

Getting the console from US has another issue - Sony India not honoring the warranty but I haven’t read any major issues about the PS4 like the dreaded YLOD on the PS3.
Thanks! The warranty issue is the only thing that is scaring me. Lets see how it goes.

And btw, perhaps you should check out Ori and the Blind Forest. Gameplay looks awesome. Platform.
Old 18th March 2015, 22:07   #599
BHPian

My Xbox 360 has taken a backseat as my college group has recently re-started Counter Strike: Go, it's bringing back all the good memories and especially when the group is now scattered all around the globe.

The only challenge is sometimes the ping is too high for people joining from outside India; while connecting via steam.
Does anyone know if there are any paid servers we can use to connect and play?

Last edited by Mr M R K : 18th March 2015 at 22:10. Reason: correction
Old 24th March 2015, 23:07   #600
Team-BHP Support

PS4 owners and fans of the Souls' RPG series, I bring forth good news!

Bloodborne's review embargo has been lifted and they are near perfect scores with 9s and 10s:

Jimquisition – 10
GameInformer – 9.75
Gamespot – 9
Destructoid – 9
GamesRadar – 4.5/5
GamesVillage.it 9.3
RPG Site – 9
NextGamingBlog – 9.5
Metro – 9
God is a Geek – 10
Games.it – 9.5
Game Trailers – 9.6