Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2015, 21:16   #571
BHPian

re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

I am a casual gamer and stick only to a few games at a time. By casual I mean at least 2 hour daily, which was minimum 4 hrs before I was part of some serious Formula Student project.

I am not particular about genre, play whatever I enjoy. But I do prefer online games over any other, even if it is java based game.

Some of my favourite games which I am/was addicted to:

1. League Of Legends: Most of my gaming time is spent here. My college has now blocked "Online Games", and thus getting 3G dongle/Airtel's 4G for continuing Pentakills.

2. The Crew: Pre-Ordered it a few days before launch. I can assure that The Crew is far better then most of the NFS titles. Driving in this game is such a killer, I was forced to get Logitech Force GT steering wheel to satisfy my hunger to drive. And this helped me controling the desire of real road trips

3. The Skyrim: Only offline game I play now, which is going to change soon with Elder Scrolls Online. Just keep on roaming around, doing side missions, hunting, maxing out skills etc...

4. GTA San Andreas: Yes, I still relish GTA SA. No, I dont play is offline. I play on SA MP servers. I am waiting for March 24, GTA V PC launch to shift.

5. Age of Heros Online: http://aoho.qplaze.com/ Not much active here now but this is the game which made me addicted to online gamming. Also, the prime reason for me not getting into IITs, IIITs or BITs. Spent almost 10hrs daily on this JAVA based Mobile and PC Browser game. I did study 6 hrs daily but 4 hrs "with" AOHO. Besides playing, made a lots of friends from all over the world, few I am still in contact with.

6. Tycoon Games: Roller Coaster Tycoon was my first game I got addicted to. I still play it and fear for addiction as RCT 4 is about to be released. Also, Rail Road Tycoon, still addicted to but uninstalled to take a break.

7. Automation Hub: Must try for us Petrol Heads. This is not much famous and is still under development, though out of Beta. In short, this game allows to Design custom body of cars with all exterior features, Design engine of any config and "TUNE" it, and still to be added, tycoon part. I have bought the licence which might seem to be costly but

Maybe a thread to show off our Gaming Rigs ? ?

Last edited by Ashir : 31st January 2015 at 21:28. Reason: grammar corrections
Old 9th February 2015, 22:42   #572
BHPian

Many people haven't heard of it, so here it goes. This game called Far Cry 4.
Installed it on my laptop a month back, and haven't even thought about uninstalling it ever since. Scintillating graphics, Amazing storyline and mindblowing game-play!
It's set in Nepal and the people in the game talk (and cuss) in Hindi and Nepali! It's a must play game for anyone who likes first person shooter games and looks for a believable and curious story.
Don't believe me? Watch the trailer on YouTube.

Rating : 5/5
Old 13th February 2015, 22:52   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Installed it on my laptop a month back, and haven't even thought about uninstalling it ever since. Scintillating graphics, Amazing storyline and mindblowing game-play!
It's set in Nepal and the people in the game talk (and cuss) in Hindi and Nepali! It's a must play game for anyone who likes first person shooter games and looks for a believable and curious story.

What i like about far cry series is the mesmerizing storyline. You feel as though its all happening to you
Old 13th February 2015, 22:57   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The inspiration for the story of FC4 is the Nepalese Civil War. Of course the designers have taken their creative liberties and added some not real stuff. However still it is a very very good game and probably the best shooter of 2014 IMHO. Play it on a high end machine (i use an overclocked 7970 GHz edition card) with all the bells & whistles turned on and it looks amazing - especially the monkeys and the tigers.
Old 14th February 2015, 00:21   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandher View Post
What i like about far cry series is the mesmerizing storyline. You feel as though its all happening to you
True. One of the most realistic games I have ever played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The inspiration for the story of FC4 is the Nepalese Civil War. Of course the designers have taken their creative liberties and added some not real stuff. However still it is a very very good game and probably the best shooter of 2014 IMHO. Play it on a high end machine (i use an overclocked 7970 GHz edition card) with all the bells & whistles turned on and it looks amazing - especially the monkeys and the tigers.
I know. Some facts have been misrepresented. Not to forget that they have wonderfully created Lukla Airport, which is said to be the most dangerous airport in the world.
Old 14th February 2015, 09:19   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True. One of the most realistic games I have ever played.
I got so inspired with Farcry 4 that I bought FC3 last week which I hadn't played just to experience the African forests
Old 14th February 2015, 09:51   #577
BHPian

Which Games You Like to Play the Most (PC & Console)

My trust with GTA series started with PSP, when I was finally able to afford one. Then there was no looking back :-)
GTA Vice City stories, GTA Chinatown stories all cleared in 30 days flat!
Then came in my XBox 360 a couple of years back. Started with GTA IV Liberty City and then GTA IV and now GTA V

GTA stories are full of every possible types of cars, bikes (races and insane jumps), profanity, guns, women and everything that makes a killer storyline with great missions, just like a Hollywood thriller. Graphics and presentation have always been out of the world. Multiplayer is a joy in this series.
Strictly 18+ though I let my 5yr old son drive cars and bikes with mute mode :-D

Last edited by 1lokesh : 14th February 2015 at 09:53.
Old 14th February 2015, 10:59   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I got so inspired with Farcry 4 that I bought FC3 last week which I hadn't played just to experience the African forests
Actually the african savanna is FC2 which was not that great a game. FC3 goes back to the island atmosphere of the first game that was built by Crytek which is still my favorite of the series.
Old 16th February 2015, 18:22   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I remember driving the Nissan Jonga resembling SUV through deep forests (where there's no vehicle movement but a small dirt road exists) at night, killing the engine, and watching animals walking around the car. Bliss.
Old 13th March 2015, 19:32   #580
Senior - BHPian

Anyone played and liked Portal and Portal 2?
Old 13th March 2015, 19:49   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I've played Portal 1 and really enjoyed it. Some of the puzzles can get really challenging.
Old 13th March 2015, 20:23   #582
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Good lord! Naveen, you've missed two of the best platforming titles so far.

By all means, please play it. Here's my experience I had penned down on another forum circa August 2011:

Quote:
Began the title yesterday night and completed 2 chapters. This is one seriously addictive game like the first one. Though not much has changed from the first game, it still offers a lot of fun and requires some brain work to figure out the puzzles. The first 2 chapters were pretty easy and it may take a minute or to to figure out what goes where but that's about it.

The best part I loved about the game other than the usual puzzle solving is the voice acting and level design. Ellen McLain who reprises her role as GLaDOS and Stephen Merchant as Wheatley, the new character in this game have been amazing by far. There have been some really humorous dialogue exchanges and announcements as the game progresses. The Aperture science facility has been beautifully designed - right from the scrap and debris to those huge levels which may at first appeal to the player as somewaht visually complicated but in essence has a really simple solution. Some of the levels have been designed very cleverly!

/snip

Done with the game. I am beyond words to describe the experience. It was one of a kind. This game redefines the platforming genre coupled with the FPS perspective - probably deserves a new genre itself. The game's dark humor and the level designs were brilliant. I wish it was a notch lengthier - like its predecessor the campaign length was short!

Hats off to Newell and the team at Valve for making an awesome sequel! Looking forward for Portal 3 - whenever it comes i.e.
I loved the co-op campaign much more than the SP campaign. It's entirely different and with two players and a different set of puzzles, it's fun. With Skype in the background, the chat makes it much better. You should try it out and rope in a second player if you can.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th March 2015 at 20:24.
Old 14th March 2015, 20:39   #583
VKS
BHPian

I am a real fan of the Unchartered Series but heard that the Part 4 coming this year will be only on PS4 platform. Logical for Sony but not sure if I should upgrade for it.

The other games I play are GT and Killzone .
Old 14th March 2015, 22:40   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I've played Portal 1 and really enjoyed it. Some of the puzzles can get really challenging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Good lord! Naveen, you've missed two of the best platforming titles so far.

By all means, please play it. Here's my experience I had penned down on another forum circa August 2011:
Haha, we seem to be enjoying the same kind of games and thanks for many of the reccos. No, I did play Portal and loved it. Playing Portal 2 and it is even more fun. The dry humour of the game is unmatched!
Old 15th March 2015, 00:34   #585
Team-BHP Support

@naveenroy -

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
I am a real fan of the Unchartered Series but heard that the Part 4 coming this year will be only on PS4 platform. Logical for Sony but not sure if I should upgrade for it.
Huge fan of Uncharted here as well!

Platinum'd both Uncharted 1 and 2. Couldn't find much time when Uncharted 3 released so didn't bother Pt'ing that. For all the 3 titles (and virtually all the console exclusives), I take a day off from work and finish them off in one go. Not anymore though.

TBBH, Uncharted 2 was the best of the lot. Just everything about the game was amazing - storyline, gameplay, level designs, AI, sound tracks, length, you name it! Eagerly waiting for Uncharted 4 and keeping my expectations low. Quite possibly, I'd be investing in a PS4 just in time before the release.

Most Viewed