Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 14:23   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurmist View Post
Just finished last weekend. This is one of the best games I have played. In fact i am now playing on the harder difficulty setting.
He he he. Another one bites the dust. The saga is never over until you have finished any GOW installment at least twice.

Btw, Kratos might be seen next slashing his way through the "Norse mythology" gods.
Old 14th June 2010, 16:32   #272
BHPian

Just finished work on Prince of Persia :Sands of Time for the Xbox 360. Completed the entire game upmteen times. Looks good in HD for a 2003 game.Unfortunately the Xbox version has been scrapped and they're only going with the PS3 version. Warrior Within and Two thrones are following on the next-gen consoles in HD.
Also completed Gears of War 2 yesterday.
Currently playing Assassin's Creed 2(effin' awesome) and Splinter Cell Conviction in Realistic Mode.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:54   #273
Senior - BHPian

just today bought GTA- Episodes From Liberty City. but i have already played GTA 4!!!
Old 14th June 2010, 18:06   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I would say AOE series is my most favourite game. BTW, I don't care for first person shooters.
+1 to that. My all time favourite is the AOE series, have a collection of the entire series. The games I play are
AOE series
FS2004 & FSX (I love it!)
NFS series
CMR series
The only first person shooter I ever really liked was Max Pyne.
Old 16th June 2010, 11:50   #275
Senior - BHPian

Nfs Hp

Anybody game for this? Can't wait for 11.16

Looks awesome. And this time its Criterion Games.
Old 16th June 2010, 17:51   #276
Senior - BHPian

I "play" Microsoft Flight Simulator X quite often. I also like NFS series.
Old 16th June 2010, 18:04   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I "play" Microsoft Flight Simulator X quite often.
How're the graphics in X compared to 2004 ? My Junkthlon 2400+ doesn't play FSX. :((
Old 16th June 2010, 21:55   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I "play" Microsoft Flight Simulator X quite often. I also like NFS series.
hey, i am interested in this game. few queries-

1) hows the graphics?
2) hows the gameplay? i mean, how realistic is it?
3) is it for normal passenger flights or only fighter jets?
Old 17th June 2010, 10:15   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

1) hows the graphics?
Graphics are pretty good and has been simulated as close as possible to the most planes and airports in the world. There is wide scope of adjustment for resolution and other details depending on the capabilities of the PC.

Game play is decent though not much close to the real experience with the stock planes supplied with FSX. For example, you can almost always "safely land" on any open space or a freeway. Aircraft interiors and controls are pretty accurate. Airports are decent. Communication with ATC is ok. There are some paid addon planes from specific vendors which can provide much more realistic feel including interactions with FO, cabin crew, passengers etc. However playing it with normal keyboards is painful due to the large amount of short cuts to remember and lack of feel. It is recommended to use appropriate gaming gear such as joystick for more accurate and realistic feel. See this link for a good explanation of realism in FSX.

There are a wide variety of flights, airports and routes to choose from, starting with legacy ones in WWI to all the way up to Airbus A380. Many modern planes including military planes can be downloaded as addons both paid and free.

Last edited by vasoo : 17th June 2010 at 10:17.
Old 17th June 2010, 12:31   #280
BHPian

Fsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
How're the graphics in X compared to 2004 ? My Junkthlon 2400+ doesn't play FSX. :((
The graphics is definitely better in FSX, there's a lot more attention to detail. That said, you can get add-ons from sites like Fly Away Simulation, Flight Simulator #1, FlightSim.Com - World's #1 Flight Simulator Site For Downloads, Files, News, Reviews, Add-ons, & AVSIM Online - Flight Simulation, Flightsim, flight sim, flight simulator, fsx, fs10 to make your FS2004 experience substantially better without upgrading your gaming PC. Did you try FSX SP1 (?), it fixed a lot of performance problems of the original FSX release.

Quote:
1) hows the graphics?
FSX is a great game, actually it's a great sim. How real it is depends on how much time you're willing to invest. Just navigating from one airport to another using NDBs, VORs, & DME can be a fun & learning experience (I can't be on a flight now without trying to estimate heading !). Getting actual airport approach charts, learning to decipher them, & actually fly them can be a lot of fun. You'd be surprised how difficult a regular landing can get if you have the weather & cross-wind cranked up.

There's a small industry supporting the MS-Flight-Sim products, offering you everything from aircraft, airports, world-scenery, & traffic ! You can go the whole hog & get dedicated gaming accessories like yokes, rudder-pedals, & multiple monitors to make the whole experience more real. I personally recommend PMDG products, the level of simulation & the accompanying documentation is simply excellent.

Fighter aircraft, i.e. military jets & transports, are available for FSX, but they're not any more exciting than the commercial aircraft because of the absence of combat (carrier-landings at night can be tough though). If you're looking for dog-fights & stuff, you'll need to try a game series like Ace-Combat, HAWX, or even Combat-Flight-Simulator.
Old 17th June 2010, 13:08   #281
Senior - BHPian

thanks vasoo & srini. i was basically interested in the FSX but looks like i have to invest more in a joystick & rudder pedals now!
Old 17th June 2010, 15:59   #282
BHPian

I wish I was an airline pilot !

Quote:
i was basically interested in the FSX but looks like i have to invest more in a joystick & rudder pedals now!
Flight-Sim has an 'auto-rudder', wherein the rudder is linked to the ailerons, you can also override this using keys meant for left & right rudder. So one basically controls pitch & roll, yaw is managed automatically. You can even start with your keyboard, but a joystick provides better control.

Try visiting forums that pilots frequent, it can be a lot of fun (came across this interesting post a few weeks ago, made by an Indian captain no less). Going through their posts, you gain an immediate respect for these guys

P.S. - Another great site is Airliners.net | Airplanes - Aviation - Aircraft- Aircraft Photos & News...
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:51   #283
BHPian

Wrc

the official WRC game releases Oct 8'10 and would be available on PC, Xbox, PS3. is developed by Milestone.

being a Colin McRae rally fanatic, wonder why Codemasters are not publishing this one.
Old 24th August 2010, 00:08   #284
BHPian

I just love the Need For Speed Undergound 2, you can wake me up any time of the day/night and I will be game.
I do enjoy the Shift pretty much with the steering wheel, the game was designed to be played that way.
Old 24th August 2010, 00:10   #285
Senior - BHPian

Currently playing 'Anno 1404' (AKA 'Dawn of Discovery').
Nice civilization based game focusing on trade and citizens' needs etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks