Old 4th May 2010, 19:45   #8731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Yesterday, it rained- in chennai!!!

First attempt to capture lightning-
Attachment 340703
Attachment 340704
@CD - great shot, i would love to know how you captured this. What was the camera setting, tripod etc. please do share.
Old 4th May 2010, 20:11   #8732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Taken at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Was fed up of heavy snow in Indianapolis and wanted an escape, so drove to South Carolina and guess what, the day I got there, it snowed there after full 15 years and that too 12 inches.
Nice shot!

In Malayalam there's a saying "പാപി ചെല്ലുന്നിടം പാതാളം" - Paapi chellunnidam paathaalam". Your experience with snow is just that can someone help me translate that to English?
Old 4th May 2010, 21:58   #8733
Senior - BHPian

Flowers resized to 640 x 480 for attachment
The Official non-auto Image thread-img_05591.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_05651.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_07221.jpg
Old 4th May 2010, 22:06   #8734
Senior - BHPian

Rain

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_0737-copy.jpg

After a rain shower
Old 4th May 2010, 22:16   #8735
Senior - BHPian

Devotion

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_06611.jpg
Saw this devotee at a village temple festival in Conoor , There was a queue of devotees with trishool pearced across the cheeks and she was last in the queue, They were in a kind of trance taken behind a makeshift curtain overbeet of drums and the trishool was pulled out in ritual.
Old 4th May 2010, 22:39   #8736
BHPian

3 snaps from my side.
Smile natural or intentional?
Name:  baby.bmp
Views: 454
Size:  836.9 KB
Colors!
Name:  PURPLE_1.bmp
Views: 418
Size:  895.8 KB
Why Shame?
Name:  gagan sh.bmp
Views: 604
Size:  546.4 KB
Old 5th May 2010, 11:33   #8737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Attachment 342902

After a rain shower
Experts I am a Noob so looking forward for your comments and criticism on Composition , Focus , Expose Technique etc.

In this particular pic I wanted to capture the water droplet on the flower , Do they look good or bit too shiny ? How about the other flower with droplets hanging ?
Old 5th May 2010, 11:46   #8738
BHPian

Quote:
Experts I am a Noob so looking forward for your comments and criticism on Composition , Focus , Expose Technique etc.

In this particular pic I wanted to capture the water droplet on the flower , Do they look good or bit too shiny ? How about the other flower with droplets hanging ?
Kindly bear with me as my comments may seema bit harsh. My first question when I look at that photograph is, what are you trying to shoot? The flower or the drops? If it was the flower, you do not have it in complete focus. If it were the drops, it is very difficult to have all of them in focus as they lie on different focal planes, I would have chosen one drop and showcased that. Second point, welcome to the world of DSLRs . The first time I got my DSLR, I went berserk shooting a lot of butterflies with my kit lens and thinking I was getting awesome pictures by looking at the puny LCD preview (I have a very very very small lcd). When I got home and checked, most of the photos were out of focus. The Point and shoot cameras have a larger DOF, hence it comes in focus.

My 2 paise will be that you need to think about what you're trying to show in your photograph and get it right. Always remember, "Good enough is not enough" .
Old 5th May 2010, 11:52   #8739
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Myna in Sync mode
The Official non-auto Image thread-dc12n9-118.jpg
Old 5th May 2010, 12:11   #8740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Kindly bear with me as my comments may seema bit harsh. My first question when I look at that photograph is, what are you trying to shoot? The flower or the drops? If it was the flower, you do not have it in complete focus. If it were the drops, it is very difficult to have all of them in focus as they lie on different focal planes, I would have chosen one drop and showcased that. Second point, welcome to the world of DSLRs . The first time I got my DSLR, I went berserk shooting a lot of butterflies with my kit lens and thinking I was getting awesome pictures by looking at the puny LCD preview (I have a very very very small lcd). When I got home and checked, most of the photos were out of focus. The Point and shoot cameras have a larger DOF, hence it comes in focus.

My 2 paise will be that you need to think about what you're trying to show in your photograph and get it right. Always remember, "Good enough is not enough" .
Being a noob trying to grip the basics before getting hands on my first DSLR. It surely helps me too. I'm now trying to learn the stuffs like Apperture, Shutter speed, ISO etc on my Fuji S5600 (slightly more than a P&S cam).
Old 5th May 2010, 12:21   #8741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Kindly bear with me as my comments may seema bit harsh. My first question when I look at that photograph is, what are you trying to shoot? The flower or the drops? If it was the flower, you do not have it in complete focus. If it were the drops, it is very difficult to have all of them in focus as they lie on different focal planes, I would have chosen one drop and showcased that.
Thanks for comemnts , As it was at a distance beyond my reach I used macro mode of the Sigma and got shallow DOF I think probably a regular kit lens would have performed better in this case.
I liked the idea of choosing one drop and focusing on it.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:33   #8742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Being a noob trying to grip the basics before getting hands on my first DSLR. It surely helps me too. I'm now trying to learn the stuffs like Apperture, Shutter speed, ISO etc on my Fuji S5600 (slightly more than a P&S cam).
That's a very nice camera that you've got. All the best to you!

Quote:
Thanks for comemnts , As it was at a distance beyond my reach I used macro mode of the Sigma and got shallow DOF I think probably a regular kit lens would have performed better in this case.
I liked the idea of choosing one drop and focusing on it.
More than the lens, it's the application of the features it provides. Anyways, I hate to link stuff from other forums, but at times I have to do it to bring about a point. Here's one such thread from JJMPF. These are the images from one of the best flower photographer that I have ever seen. May be you could get inspired to do stuff like him . Notice the composition and the way the entire frame is filled just with flower and how the petals form lines.

Tulips, My Take
Old 5th May 2010, 14:02   #8743
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Hellwrath, this snap is dedicated to you .

The Official non-auto Image thread-dscf0392.jpg
Old 5th May 2010, 15:06   #8744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Thanks Hellwrath, this snap is dedicated to you .

Attachment 343254
Thanks Jacs . Very kind of you. If I may, I'd ask you to get as close as possible to the flowers and fill the frame with just those flowers, you'll see the difference!
Old 5th May 2010, 15:13   #8745
Senior - BHPian

My blue Bug !

Another visit to the Hebbal Lake ! I got few macro effects through the 300mm lens, and this apparently becomes my last series of attempt with a macro-like lens, because I got my Tamron 90 mm 1:1 Macro today !!!
The Official non-auto Image thread-hl-6.jpg
No cropping done here !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks