Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2008, 00:07   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
This is a big problem. There's no regular process here. I do not use any filter for any of my images. If need be, I go for more than one shot (exposure variation) to get the desired result. Of course, I need to plan my lighting condition well in advance.
I never did that. I shoot if I find some thing interesting. Yeah there are few macros which I shot with an Idea in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
guyonblackybx
That crack in the bumper makes it look like a warrior after a victory.
NICE
Dirty wheels compliment that bumper as if it was Though fight :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Whats the shadow like something hanging down towards the middle of the car?
Thats some rubber part that is never stuck to car completely. Prior to 2nd servicing it was dangling from the other end i.e. on right hand side. I got that fixed on 2nd servicing. Now its dangling on left hand side :(

Quote:
guyonblackybx, do you really like HDR? Isn't it one of those "for the time being excitement type?"

Having done this..what about tone mapping? Which brings the shot to a mere another shot ready for printers to print?
Yeah I like HDR. It may be but excitement is still on :P I wish it doesn't end soon

Here is another HDR of a Stile MultiJet that I found parked at a temple near Hosur.
Attached Thumbnails
The Auto-Image thread-silver-stile-multijet.jpg  

Last edited by theMAG : 26th July 2008 at 00:32. Reason: Only one post allowed upto 20 minutes. Use the Edit button to manage content.
Old 26th July 2008, 00:25   #602
Senior - BHPian

ok.. dude you need to first of all learn how to post on this forum. Photography will come later.
Old 26th July 2008, 02:29   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
ok.. dude you need to first of all learn how to post on this forum. Photography will come later.
Is there any other way of posting images? I mean I was informed that I need to attach images instead of using any link. Or am I attaching larger images?
Old 26th July 2008, 08:33   #604
Senior - BHPian

Looks like TheMag has edited your old posts. That is what I was talking about. People hav got banned for that from the forum.
Old 26th July 2008, 09:19   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Is there any other way of posting images? I mean I was informed that I need to attach images instead of using any link. Or am I attaching larger images?
@Guy, nice pictures. If you read what MAG wrote in his reason for edit, you posted threads one after another immediately. You need to use EDIT or wait for 5-10 minutes before you post the next one.

Btw, the stile picture looks a bit soft, not like your lady in red
Old 26th July 2008, 16:36   #606
BHPian

@ VikramD
Quote:
Looks like TheMag has edited your old posts. That is what I was talking about. People hav got banned for that from the forum.
Vikram thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks TheMag for editing.

@mobike008
Quote:
@Guy, nice pictures. If you read what MAG wrote in his reason for edit, you posted threads one after another immediately. You need to use EDIT or wait for 5-10 minutes before you post the next one.
Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Btw, the stile picture looks a bit soft, not like your lady in red
I Think its color that makes the difference:P
Old 27th July 2008, 08:33   #607
Senior - BHPian

Casual evening walk shoot!

Chevrolet Corvette
The Auto-Image thread-corvette345.jpg

Sisters!
The Auto-Image thread-golfs.jpg
Old 27th July 2008, 10:07   #608
Senior - BHPian

Stratos, nice one. Got more pix ?
Old 27th July 2008, 10:35   #609
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is a big problem. There's no regular process here. I do not use any filter for any of my images. If need be, I go for more than one shot (exposure variation) to get the desired result. Of course, I need to plan my lighting condition well in advance.
Rudra sir,

How do you enrich colour without increasing noise? Is it a quality of RAW format? My camera does not have RAW, and with JPEG, noise increases with saturation beyond small limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Casual evening walk shoot!
The corvette looks like its ready for the kill!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th July 2008 at 10:38.
Old 27th July 2008, 11:20   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rudra sir,

How do you enrich colour without increasing noise? Is it a quality of RAW format? My camera does not have RAW, and with JPEG, noise increases with saturation beyond small limit.
I remember asking Rudra the same question sometime back. Ofcourse his answer will be better, but what I do is, that I shoot the picture at the highest camera resolution possible. That way, if the picture when reduced in size,after processing, becomes crispier and the noise created due to the processing is reduced too. I used to face this problem a lot when I shot using my Canon PowerShot A520..not with my new Nikon D40 though.
Old 27th July 2008, 13:30   #611
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Let me try to make it easy to understand.

1. To get rich colour, exposure should be accurate. This is mostly in the case where your shooting mode is aperture priority or program.
Try to avoid program mode because it is rubbish (from any camera).

If you try to push for rich colour through hue and saturation/contrast/selective colours etc, you are bound to get noise after a point.

Joint Photographers Expert Group format was originally designed for viewing on screen and not for printing.
But most of us don’t take colour prints any more. JPEG files are generally compressed files. So shooting and straight to comp for viewing/mailing seems to be the norm now.

2. There are two ways to make your colours rich. Purely trial and error basis till such time you understand it thoroughly.
Remember it’s a matter of spending time and great amount of practice.

(A) Work on curve mode. (Ctrl m/apple m). Pushing up/down curve line will change your overall tone and depth significantly. Once you are satisfied, you stay with that. If you want even more depth then duplicate that layer and cut the opacity from your layer box. A semi transparent layer of the same will sit above your original layer and add depth. Layer opacity control depends again on your choice.

(B) Assuming your original layer is according to your choice. Duplicate that layer and select Multiply from your layer box. It’ll multiply your original tonal range and combined image will look dark. You’ll find some areas of your image are looking right and some are looking too dark. Add a mask box (from bottom of the layer box) next to that multiplied layer’s thumbnail. Select brush tool. Select brush size. Select paint flow opacity. Pure black (from colour palate) is for masking layer and pure white is for bringing it back.

Hope you are ready to start now. Also please remember that Photoshop is a very complex tool. There are plenty to discover as you go along.

Happy post processing.
Old 27th July 2008, 19:43   #612
BHPian

@ Rudra Sen
Quote:
Work on curve mode. (Ctrl m/apple m). Pushing up/down curve line will change your overall tone and depth significantly. Once you are satisfied, you stay with that.
Tried the above method and following is what I got.

I am still trying to understand how layers and other things work in PS so will try the 2nd method later

Before and After.
Attached Thumbnails
The Auto-Image thread-img_0602processed.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 27th July 2008, 21:05   #613
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
I shoot the picture at the highest camera resolution possible.
Thank you stratos.

I shoot with 8MP, but 8 MP of my prosumer is not upto 8MP DSLRs.
Quote:
Let me try to make it easy to understand.

Hope you are ready to start now. Also please remember that Photoshop is a very complex tool. There are plenty to discover as you go along.

Happy post processing.
Thanks a lot Rudra sir for explaining in a detailed yet simple to understand way. Going to try it out right away.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th July 2008 at 21:07.
Old 27th July 2008, 22:19   #614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
@ Rudra Sen
Tried the above method and following is what I got.
And, can you see the difference?

Strong afternoon sunlight to shoot VikramD's car. Vikram, your car needs massive care. Please do the needful.

The Auto-Image thread-vikrams.jpg
Old 27th July 2008, 22:23   #615
Senior - BHPian

The needful has been done. Spent close to 5 hours today with the friendly neighbourhood painter for rubbing & polishing the car. Now the car in real life also looks as good as the one in the photo.

PS: Your post processing is absolutely mind blowing. My wife can't believe it is my car.

Also can you please give me the originals as well as the processed ones on a CD whenever you are done with them?

Last edited by vikram_d : 27th July 2008 at 22:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks