Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 10:17   #871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunh View Post
Hi everyone, I was looking around for a resort within 3-4 hours drive from Bangalore to take our 3 month old boxer girl "Zoya" to. I could find only one place in Yercaud that takes in pets. Do any fellow bhp-ians know of other places? Thanks in advance!

Here is Zoya:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2591/...b64d6b51ab.jpg
Arun, please remove those ribbons or whatever you have put/clamped on to Zoya's ears. That is plain cruelty. Sorry brother, but I couldn't be more polite in print.

She is very cute to say the least.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 7th January 2010 at 10:19.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:25   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Arun, please remove those ribbons or whatever you have put/clamped on to Zoya's ears. That is plain cruelty. Sorry brother, but I couldn't be more polite in print.

She is very cute to say the least.

Dude take chil pil, thats just for the photograph i am sure.

Pramod
Old 8th January 2010, 00:59   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Dude take chil pil, thats just for the photograph i am sure.

Pramod
Yeah, I agree, the tense in which I posted was inappropriate. All I wanted to say was, please, don't ever do anything like this to a living being.
Old 12th January 2010, 12:31   #874
Senior - BHPian

Guys i need to transport my dog in delhi(from my parents house) to Trivandrum Kerala. I heard jet runs such service, anybody has any ideas?

Pramod
Old 12th January 2010, 13:09   #875
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Air -issues can be delays and generally long periods of being alone. No company. No toilet facilities etc. The dog will be bewildered and unhappy.

Recommending you book the First Class coupe on Kerala Express and either accompany the pet yourself or send a trusted aide along.

The dog will benefit from companionship, re-assurance and reach his/ her new home in a much happier state of mind.

Ive done this in the past and am a firm believer in the latter mode.

Driving is also an excellent way but given the distance between ND and TVM the train is a more practical solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Guys i need to transport my dog in delhi(from my parents house) to Trivandrum Kerala. I heard jet runs such service, anybody has any ideas?

Pramod
Old 12th January 2010, 13:34   #876
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Recommending you book the First Class coupe on Kerala Express and either accompany the pet yourself or send a trusted aide along.
That would be the best. But are dogs officially allowed inside the coupes?

Another question: where would the dog answer his call of nature. I'm sure other passengers would mind the dog going to the train loo.
Old 12th January 2010, 13:44   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Air -issues can be delays and generally long periods of being alone. No company. No toilet facilities etc. The dog will be bewildered and unhappy.

The dog will benefit from companionship, re-assurance and reach his/ her new home in a much happier state of mind.

Ive done this in the past and am a firm believer in the latter mode.

Driving is also an excellent way but given the distance between ND and TVM the train is a more practical solution.
It takes 72 hours and someone accompanieing it is not an option. The air travell takes about 3 hours and my vet recomended some tranquelizers for the journey. The problem is my parents live in a flat in Delhi and the dog(a spitz) is causing a lot of concern lately, she is biting everyone and messes the house arround a lot despite of taking her regularly on a walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
That would be the best. But are dogs officially allowed inside the coupes?

Another question: where would the dog answer his call of nature. I'm sure other passengers would mind the dog going to the train loo.
You can book a ticket for the dog, the dog can only travell in the lugage compartment. Passengers will definitly have an issue. I have seen a guy sitting near the toilet with his dog even though he had 2 full tickets.

Pramod
Old 12th January 2010, 15:28   #878
Senior - BHPian

Our Lab "Tommy"...................
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-_mg_1897.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-picture-136-copy.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-picture-130-copy-copy.jpg  

Old 12th January 2010, 15:37   #879
Team-BHP Support

Shan2nu,

Tommy is absolutely adorable! How old is he? He seems to be having a great time!
Old 12th January 2010, 15:44   #880
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

tejas & pramod:

the dog can certainly travel in the coupe - I ve done it in the past. Especially if one has paid the full price and booked the entire coupe.
No question of luggage compartment - thats not acceptable. I have indeed taken issue with other people on the train in the past - when they objected to my having the dog on board. The fact is, the dog had a full, paid for ticket,and I had booked the entire coupe - the coupe can only accommodate 2 persons so my dog had as much right to be on that train as the person raising the objection! A simple way to handle such things is to say that the dog is as good as anyone's child, only the dog has 4 legs (and is probably more sensible and better behaved than most children!).

In ref doing his/ her business, the person accompanying the dog will need to take him/ her out at every stop of a reasonable duration. Most dogs dont like to "do their business" in a moving vehicle. They are a lot more sensible than we think! It helps to spread lots of newspaper on the floor just in case. If there is an accidental discharge, all one needs to do is wrap up the newspaper and dispose of it in the waste area provided on the train.

pramod:
The dog being a Spitz is a small chap so it is technically possible to tranquillize the poor fellow and send him by air. Looks like this option needs to be thought about since you dont have the option of someone accompanying the dog to Kerala.
Old 12th January 2010, 17:27   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shan2nu,

Tommy is absolutely adorable! How old is he? He seems to be having a great time!
He's around 4 years old. Yup, he's having the time of his life playing around the house and garden.

Loves to pose for photographs unlike our other 2 dogs that are camera shy.

Shan2nu
Old 12th January 2010, 19:03   #882
BHPian

heyy all,

i have been facing a few dog related problems lately in my township. the population of strays in my township has increased a lot. before it wasnt really a problem as the dogs were pretty friendly. but off late, they have started becoming a bit aggressive, and is a problem for me as when i take my dog for a walk, they all come in a mob and try to attack him. this is a problem all the dog owners are facing in the township. this could turnout to be a serious issue as there are kids who play after their school, and god forbid any unfortunate incident happens, there will not be anyone to blame.

so i would like to know if there is anybody in chennai who could help me out, by capturing these strays and possibly releasing them somewhere else. as a dog owner myself, i didnt really have the heart to have them put to sleep. any advice in this matter is of great help.

Cheers!!
Old 12th January 2010, 19:32   #883
Senior - BHPian

Well, here goes.

The Saint and Rot belong to my friend. An ardent pet freak. She gave me the chicks too. Will fry them next Christmas. Kidding guys. Glad she not in tbhp. They are too adorable.

The strays are called Thunder and Storm were found under my Jeep. Its now become their official home now. Named them so as they were under the Jeep after the landslide and thunder showers.

Don't go by the looks, the Rot is the sober one, the Saint is naughty.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-image0036.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image0036-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image0044-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image0046-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image0047-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Old 12th January 2010, 21:10   #884
Team-BHP Support

That's great Shan2nu! It's always nice to see a happy critter!

Here are some very old pictures of my darlings! Some may already know but for those who don't, we have two dogs at home. One is a Doberman and the other is a mongrel who we adopted from the streets! We had another Dob but she isn't with us anymore. Suki went to a better place on the 5th of June, 2008. She had a complication that's common among Dobermans and similar breeds. Zeus is almost 7 years old now and Katie (silly mongrel) is 4!

The first picture is of Suki about 5 years back and the rest are all pictures of Zeus and his acrobatics!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-suki.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-zeus-2.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-zeus-3.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-zeus-4.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-zeus-5.jpg  

Old 21st January 2010, 15:48   #885
Senior - BHPian

New additions to the family :

Our mongrel gave birth to 5 healthy pups last night.

Here are some pics of the dad, mom and pups.

Shan2nu
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-_mg_2069.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0939-copy.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_2795.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_2796.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_2797.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_2798.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks