Old 15th January 2024, 16:46   #6406
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post

Meet our PLUTO - 3.5 weeks old

Attachment 2558789

Will take him to a Vet in few weeks.
Pluto looks like ready to roll. Be ready for tons of happiness and responsibilities

Keep him on milk diet till 6 months old and then reduce milk intake. Follow vet's dietary instructions.
Old 15th January 2024, 18:16   #6407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
I had to take him home 10 days after birth due to various reasons. I was worried whether he will survive; but he survived on cow milk, my son's old feeding bottle and my Mom's care. Now he even started taking solid food.

Meet our PLUTO - 3.5 weeks old

Thanks to @anshumandun for his name and this post - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post5691061 (Have you escaped/survived any dangerous non-automotive situations?)

Attachment 2558789

Will take him to a Vet in few weeks.
Brilliant I am so curious and eager to see his pic when he grows 8-10 months old
Old 26th January 2024, 19:48   #6408
BHPian

Rescued Two Frisky Kitties

In some houses, when pets have babies, they are taken care of till they can be on their own and given up for adoption. But some houses the little ones are abandoned, dropped off near houses, street ends.

It’s a very cruel way to deal with animals. Both the mother and the little ones would be sad when they are separated. Little ones have to fend for themselves and are subjected to the elements. Often, they end up being hurt by larger animals and killed.

Here is a similar story about two small kittens we found abandoned inside our compound. Most likely abandoned by a neighbour.

The kittens are too small to find their way back. It was very sad to see them cuddled up together, completely helpless.

My mom brought them home, fed them and they are now a part of the house. It’s fun to watch them running all over the place, being active and playful.

We are happy we could save them and hope the other kitties in the litter also found good homes.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th January 2024 at 18:18. Reason: Minor typos.
Old 27th January 2024, 02:49   #6409
Senior - BHPian

I have hard time believing how fast these kittens have grown. I kinda miss the days (just 2 months ago) when they were under a kg and fit into jacket pocket. Not anymore. Both of those are over 3kg now.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20240115_133025.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20240104_091055.jpg
Good boi is dazed.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20240111_151855.jpg
This one loves to perch himself on precarious spots, other guy keeps away from such stunts.
Old 27th January 2024, 07:11   #6410
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by donabrh View Post
It’s a very cruel way to deal with animals. Both the mother and the little ones would be sad when they are separated. Little ones have to fend for themselves and are subjected to the elements.
Mothers themselves abandon the kittens once they can fend for themselves - i.e. in around 10-12 weeks I think. That's how it's with stray cats. And I think if a kitten is going to be left to fend for themselves eventually (i.e. they are not adopted), then earlier is better than later because if they get domesticated then they will not be able to handle being a stray as well. They need to learn to fight from as early as possible
Old 27th January 2024, 14:39   #6411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Mothers themselves abandon the kittens once they can fend for themselves - i.e. in around 10-12 weeks I think. That's how it's with stray cats. And I think if a kitten is going to be left to fend for themselves eventually (i.e. they are not adopted), then earlier is better than later because if they get domesticated then they will not be able to handle being a stray as well. They need to learn to fight from as early as possible
Really weird post, sorry to say. Because indoor pets are not strays. No mom is going to wean themselves off the kittens *knowing* that the kittens will end up on the street.

If a mother is a pet, and has kittens, then the responsibility of taking care of them lies with the pets owners. Dumping them outside is not a solution because kittens or puppies have a 1 in 10 chance of survival to adulthood on the streets.

The humane thing to do would be either to spay or neuter the parent because we have too many on the streets anyway and its healthier for the pet to be spayed, or if that's not been done then at least put up the litter for adoption.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 27th January 2024 at 14:40.
Old 27th January 2024, 14:58   #6412
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Because indoor pets are not strays.
Ooops! I am sorry, I misread the original comment. I assumed someone adopted the mother who was a stray cat & didn't adopt her kittens.

Quite obviously if the kittens were born inside the home then even at 12 weeks, they wouldn't know how to fend for themselves.
Old 27th January 2024, 16:19   #6413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donabrh View Post
Here is a similar story about two small kittens we found abandoned inside our compound. Most likely abandoned by a neighbour.
Not one but two adorable kittens! They totally feel at home in your backyard and seem to have a lot of fun running around. Appreciate the efforts you have put in the video. Have rewatched it twice already! Hope to see them grow up soon with grandma' feedings. ;-)
Old 27th January 2024, 20:16   #6414

Hi, here are a few pictures of our pet Labrador , TITAN.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_20220304_091714.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20220304wa0019.jpg

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th January 2024 at 20:19. Reason: fixed pics.
Old 29th January 2024, 01:43   #6415

Meet MUSKY, a Irish Wolfhound breed, one of the rarest of rare in India. And surprisingly I adopted him from streets. Though Irish Wolfhound are as tall as great dane, but MUSKY is only a little taller than normal dogs. As he has spend his early puppy life struggling on streets, he deserves a nice place and a caring family.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_3138.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0040.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_1727.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_2440.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_5105.jpg  

Old 29th January 2024, 05:52   #6416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardihoodchaser View Post
Meet MUSKY, a Irish Wolfhound breed, one of the rarest of rare in India. And surprisingly I adopted him from streets. Though Irish Wolfhound are as tall as great dane, but MUSKY is only a little taller than normal dogs. As he has spend his early puppy life struggling on streets, he deserves a nice place and a caring family.
Please do tell us the story of how you and Musky found each other.
Old 4th February 2024, 07:41   #6417
BHPian

Meet Leia, a bundle of joy and very loving and cuddly Beagle. She is a year old now. She just loves to play and go for walks.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20240120_165106.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20231127wa00332.jpg  

Old 4th February 2024, 10:57   #6418
BHPian

Another Beagle. Here’s the always hungry, always sleepy, always needy, always cuddly - Chase

Good boi is 8 years old now.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0823.jpeg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-whatsapp-image-20210419-10.05.23-am.jpeg  

Old 8th February 2024, 23:50   #6419
Senior - BHPian

Our kittens are slowly changing their fur and eye color. Both have become lighter from months ago and their eyes have turned yellow orange-ish.

I am also glad we got two of them rather than only one as we had originally planned thinking that two cats would be too much work. In fact its the other way round. There is no way we would have been able to keep up with the energy rush they have every few hours.

The person from whom we got them told us that you will thank me later for getting two. And I see it now, they keep themselves busy with stupid things and don't always look for attention from us. Besides the joy they bring as they play is priceless.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20240207_095906.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20240207_100217.jpg
Old 29th February 2024, 08:53   #6420
BHPian

My Belgian Malinois

I own a pair of Belgian Malinois (Mal-in-wah) and they live in my farm closer to Bangalore. This is one of the reason we seldom miss our weekend trip to our Farmhouse. Highly intelligent dogs, trainable, never ending energy, agile. There is a reason why they are called flying dogs for their ability to scale heights.

YOSHI 26 Months old Male and is dark sable color
MIRA 3.5 Months and is of Fawn sable color

Some pics of my darlings…
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_5598.jpeg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_5205.jpeg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_5768.jpeg  

Last edited by NaveenKD : 29th February 2024 at 08:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks