Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2018, 02:00   #4756
BANNED

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
I’d love to keep him inside but I can’t for sometime until he is trained. My wife is very sensitive about him touching her
How will you ever train him to not ever touch your wife if they are going to be sharing the same home?
Old 22nd June 2018, 06:58   #4757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How will you ever train him to not ever touch your wife if they are going to be sharing the same home?
Maybe I can train my wife.
Old 22nd June 2018, 07:21   #4758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Maybe I can train my wife.

And if she read this, you are a dead man !

Btw, training is best done @ 3 months. Many times, by 3-4 months of age, the pup has basic training done.

Making him stay away from your wife is not difficult, but it can happen in doors. She just has to not respond to the pup, or just stay away at all times. Pups sense & learn.
Old 22nd June 2018, 10:50   #4759
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Btw, training is best done @ 3 months.

So then the wife's father has to do it, right?
Old 22nd June 2018, 18:42   #4760
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Unless original warranty is intact or extended warranty was purchased, good luck claiming from 'manufacturer'.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd June 2018 at 18:44. Reason: word
Old 22nd June 2018, 19:29   #4761
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That was for the pup. When it comes to the wife, she is the trainer. And the one who gets trained is - you !
Old 23rd June 2018, 06:24   #4762
BHPian

Team-BHPians and their Pets

Curtains drawn on Summer Vacation 2018. The school has begun a week back and both the boys had tremendous fun this year.
Numerous early morning trecks, hitting the pool almost every Sunday evening, and multiple places covered in the 3500KM (approx) we have driven in the last 2 1/2 months. A few pics below.

Last edited by pdma : 23rd June 2018 at 06:26.
Old 1st July 2018, 10:26   #4763
BHPian

Team-BHPians and their Pets

After a small break for a couple of weeks, the 2 had some fun again this weekend.

Attachment 1776910

Attachment 1776911

Attachment 1776912

Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1530420914.823158.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1530420929.123829.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1530420941.309751.jpg  

Last edited by pdma : 1st July 2018 at 10:31.
Old 4th July 2018, 09:07   #4764
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone travelled with their pet by Indian Railways? Me and my wife are travelling with our Beagle from Ahmedabad to Bangalore next week.

I have gone through various posts online and i have confirmed tickets on first AC with preference for coupe.

The thing is berth allotment is confirmed only during chart preparation for first AC and there is no way i will be able to know if i have been alloted a coupe.

I will be making a request to the commercial manager one day prior to departure for allotment of a coupe.

If anyone has any inputs, please do share.

Thank you.
Old 4th July 2018, 09:19   #4765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone travelled with their pet by Indian Railways? Me and my wife are travelling with our Beagle from Ahmedabad to Bangalore next week.

I have gone through various posts online and i have confirmed tickets on first AC with preference for coupe.

The thing is berth allotment is confirmed only during chart preparation for first AC and there is no way i will be able to know if i have been alloted a coupe.

I will be making a request to the commercial manager one day prior to departure for allotment of a coupe.

If anyone has any inputs, please do share.

Thank you.
Hi,

Please make sure you also book your Beagle for the travel. You will need to pay approx Rs. 500/- for the dog as per official charges.

This is the fee charged by railways for the Dog box that is provided in the Guard bogey. As per rules getting your dog booked is compulsory even though he may be travelling with you in the first ac coupe. They will issue a yellow color receipt for the same.

I got my Cocker Spaniel from Chandigarh to Bangalore last year and it was overall a comfortable journey. I did not have confirmed coupe for the entire stretch so had to request fellow passengers at certain places to kindly adjust and it all worked out.

All the best.
Old 4th July 2018, 09:22   #4766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Hi,

Please make sure you also book your Beagle for the travel. You will need to pay approx Rs. 500/- for the dog as per official charges.

This is the fee charged by railways for the Dog box that is provided in the Guard bogey. As per rules getting your dog booked is compulsory even though he may be travelling with you in the first ac coupe. They will issue a yellow color receipt for the same.

I got my Cocker Spaniel from Chandigarh to Bangalore last year and it was overall a comfortable journey. I did not have confirmed coupe for the entire stretch so had to request fellow passengers at certain places to kindly adjust and it all worked out.

All the best.
Do i have to book the beagle at the luggage office once berth allotments are done or prior to that?

Did you give any request letter to the Chief Commercial Manager asking for a coupe?
Old 4th July 2018, 10:18   #4767
Senior - BHPian

In my case they asked us to come a bit early and get him booked. So we reached a couple of hours earlier and completed the formalities. I tried to talk to the station master for allotment of coupe, however he could not help as the coupe is allocated from Delhi office. You may try talking to the station master he may be able to guide you better.
Old 4th July 2018, 11:07   #4768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
In my case they asked us to come a bit early and get him booked. So we reached a couple of hours earlier and completed the formalities. I tried to talk to the station master for allotment of coupe, however he could not help as the coupe is allocated from Delhi office. You may try talking to the station master he may be able to guide you better.
Thank you. Will definitely try that.
Old 5th July 2018, 15:01   #4769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
Do i have to book the beagle at the luggage office once berth allotments are done or prior to that?

Did you give any request letter to the Chief Commercial Manager asking for a coupe?

Hello Aditya,

You should let the station master / authorities know about the pet traveling with you prior to the allotment. In most cases they will make the necessary adjustment during the allotment and would give the coupe.
You will also have to reach the station earlier so that the pet booking is complete in time to avoid hassle.

Regards,
Pradeep.
Old 5th July 2018, 16:22   #4770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello Aditya,

You should let the station master / authorities know about the pet traveling with you prior to the allotment. In most cases they will make the necessary adjustment during the allotment and would give the coupe.
You will also have to reach the station earlier so that the pet booking is complete in time to avoid hassle.

Regards,
Pradeep.
Thanks Pradeep,

I will be going to the station one day in advance and meet the station master. Will also provide a request letter to the Chief Reservation Officer requesting for the coupe.

Hopefully it should work.

Most Viewed