Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 13:48   #2611
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Thanks Nitin.
Am following all that you mentioned from day one hence we are surprised at this.
Anyways will take him to the vet.

Most importantly - the guy wakes up daily around 3 am and runs around at times to ease himself but he does not sleep for 7 hours continuously and wakes all of us up as well.
Any solution.?
tx
tx
Yeah I can understand, even we have been quite restrictive in her outings but still she picked up the infection from somewhere like a magnet. Anyway thats the pug for you.

About your pugs habit of getting up at 3 am and easing himself, since how long has he been doing this? What are his loo and eating habits for the night? Does he want to go at 3 AM even after relieving himself the previous night Or does he eat too late and drink water after that which makes him want to go midnight...

BTW do post some of his pics if you haven't already, pugs have always been my favourite since my childhood - even before all these hutch ads came up. After all they are one of the oldest breeds of dogs dating back 2000+ years...
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:43   #2612
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin_80 View Post
BTW do post some of his pics if you haven't already, pugs have always been my favourite since my childhood - even before all these hutch ads came up. After all they are one of the oldest breeds of dogs dating back 2000+ years...
Has this been documented anywhere? I found some info on Wikipedia. But that pug looks nothing like the one we have today.

Quote:
Yes @raVan, pacu ..the aquarium guys have wierd spellings for the fish names.....
Anyway below are some pics of the tanks, bowls and the turtle tank...
Man, I am really impressed with your collection. I had a similar set up in Bangalore. Add a cat and tortoise as well. And not to forget - the parakeets! The only downer in having such a set up at home is the amount of time you need to spend on cleaning each of these. I hope, you have lending hands to finish the clean-up job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Well its not that height is unimportant but just that width takes more priority since the fishes [large ones] can roam around easily and comfortably. [/b]
I watch river monster too! It's an awesome programme. I think, there are merits in what you are suggesting. Perhaps it's a good idea to get a bigger tank.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd March 2012 at 13:39. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:23   #2613
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueintrepid View Post
Has this been documented anywhere? I found some info on Wikipedia. But that pug looks nothing like the one we have today.
I have read about this fact in a couple of articles, yes the one shown in wikipedia does look a lot different though. I think many breeds dont look like what they did few 100 years ago, I guess due to a lot of cross breeding and a bit of evolution.
In India of course since there is no regulation on the breeding practices of the countless local dog breeders the original genes of the dog might have been lost long ago.

Quote:
Man, I am really impressed with your collection. I had a similar set up in Bangalore. Add a cat and tortoise as well. And not to forget - the parakeets! The only downer in having such a set up at home is the amount of time you need to spend on cleaning each of these. I hope, you have lending hands to finish the clean-up job.
I dint know you had a cat too, any pics?. How long was the cat with you?.

Yeah lots of time is spent daily in the maintenance of the pets - 2 times sweeping the floor, cleaning tanks, cleaning filter, replacing water, feeding the fishes, cleaning mouse cage, bathing dogs blah blah..About the helping hands there are 2 hands which do everything, my wife's, and I chip in on weekends...

Last edited by GTO : 23rd March 2012 at 14:05. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 22nd March 2012, 16:47   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
I dint know you had a cat too, any pics?. How long was the cat with you?.

I had a stray cat and a set up like yours when I was in school in Bangalore. I will not be able to have it here, in Bombay, for obvious reasons. Anyway, I need to visit you someday to check out all your pets.

I only have a dog and two tortoises here, which you are aware of.

Last edited by Trueintrepid : 22nd March 2012 at 16:49.
Old 22nd March 2012, 19:03   #2615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I watch river monster too! It's an awesome programme. I think, there are merits in what you are suggesting. Perhaps it's a good idea to get a bigger tank.
Of course If space permits, a minimum tank for an avid hobbyist would be 4x2x2.

And if you liked watching River Monsters, you can also check out "Hooked".
Old 25th March 2012, 12:40   #2616
BHPian

After Her Majesty's bath today
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-p1010046.jpg  

Old 28th March 2012, 12:54   #2617
BHPian

Dear All,

One of my neighbors have vacated their house sans their cat + 2 kittens whom I've been taking care since a month & half, if anyone is willing to adopt them it would be great as I already have a cat to take care off.
All 3 are up for adoption, one dark colored kitten is not in pic. The kittens are able to chew on solid food.
This is around RT nagar area, let me know
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-cats.jpg  

Old 28th March 2012, 13:17   #2618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One of my neighbors have vacated their house sans their cat + 2 kittens
That is very sad and very bad of them. I'm glad you are taking care. Hope you find homes. Do you know if your neighbours had the cat sterilised? If not, it would be a good idea if you can do it. The cost is not very great, and it will make the cat more acceptable and less of a risk. Without it, you may find yourself adding another two or three kittens to your list of dependants in a few weeks.

It looks like our new cat has arrived. He has been staying underneath our car for a while. He was very shy and nervous, even when we started giving him occasional food. A couple of days ago, we let him inside the house. All shyness and nerves gone, he is now very relaxed, very noisy, very affectionate and very demanding!

Team-BHPians and their Pets-newcat1.jpg

Old 28th March 2012, 14:28   #2619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most importantly - the guy wakes up daily around 3 am and runs around at times to ease himself but he does not sleep for 7 hours continuously and wakes all of us up as well.
We have a beagle and have trained him such a way that it sleeps when we sleep. When we are awake he is a beast. Doesnt let anyone enjoy some peaceful time where he wants to just play.

One idea is to slightly tire him out before he goes to sleep. Could be simple walking for few minutes before you go to sleep or a game of fetch for few minutes.

And try to set is bed somewhere in an AC room and avoid any lights.

My beagle does a round of game at 6-8Am and from 8-9 PM. At this time he will RUN RUN RUN and litrally get tired.

Comes homes, drinks a lot of water, food and a small pee break before he goes to sleep.

He wakes up sharp at 6:00 when my dad wakes up and gives everyone the needed exercise break in the morning. Playing with Him that is.
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:55   #2620
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this tweet as RT. I have masked the number due to privacy reasons. If you are interested, please let me know and I can PM you the number.

Quote:
RT: 2 month-old male puppy in Colaba, lovely temperament, needs a home. If interested or know anyone, please call 9********4
Team-BHPians and their Pets-puppy.jpg
Old 3rd April 2012, 02:24   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Dear All,

One of my neighbors have vacated their house sans their cat + 2 kittens whom I've been taking care since a month & half, if anyone is willing to adopt them it would be great as I already have a cat to take care off.
All 3 are up for adoption, one dark colored kitten is not in pic. The kittens are able to chew on solid food.
This is around RT nagar area, let me know
Please post the photos on Cupa's pets for adoption page on facebook. I found many people who were interested to adopt my kittens.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pets-for-adoption-CUPA- Bangalore/90777464732
Old 6th April 2012, 14:38   #2622
BHPian

Look what the cat dragged in !

Look what the cat dragged in ! This little guy (actually we're not sure, could be a gal also !) was rescued from the jaws of our house cat in CBE 3 weeks ago.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-cbe_squirrel_00.jpg

It is now almost double the size of the wee thing that would've been our cat's brunch. A very fastidious character, it ensures a dry chin after every feeding !

Team-BHPians and their Pets-cbe_squirrel_02.jpg

After reading up a lot on the web, we're currently feeding it 'Tommylac' (a puppy milk replacer) & cream, 1 to 2 cc every 3 to 4 hours.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-cbe_squirrel_01.jpg

The little guy is absolutely crazy about nuts, in particular cashews & recently, walnuts. Any tips on taking care & bringing this guy up are welcome...
Old 6th April 2012, 15:07   #2623
Senior - BHPian

Re: Look what the cat dragged in !

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
The little guy is absolutely crazy about nuts, in particular cashews & recently, walnuts. Any tips on taking care & bringing this guy up are welcome...
Wow! First time I am seeing a pet squirrel. Nice to see that you are taking care of it. I think squirrels make good pets (have read somewhere), but you have to watch him constantly or else he will go out and eat all the nuts in the house. Also, keep a watch on your house cat too, lest he gets the same idea again! That's a cute squirrel too! But, I have absolutely no idea about how to take care of squirrels. I only saw the pics and couldn't resist posting !

Does he go out in the open? Or is he still indoors? I think you should let him out once a while to let him get acquainted with his surroundings.
Old 6th April 2012, 15:22   #2624
BHPian

Re: Look what the cat dragged in !

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Look what the cat dragged in ! This little guy (actually we're not sure, could be a gal also !) was rescued from the jaws of our house cat in CBE 3 weeks ago.
So, cute!!

One of the auto accessory dealer I visit has a pet squirrel. She moves around the shop, all over his body and even enters his pant pocket and stays there for some time before resurfacing.
When I was small there were a lot of squirrels around our village home. I used to feed them bananas. The way they lick their hands after they eat bananas is pretty amusing .
Old 6th April 2012, 22:30   #2625
Distinguished - BHPian

I heard from a couple of people who raised baby squirrels that, in the end, their instinct took them to the outside world and they left. Well done for caring for that little person while he needs a "parent"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks