Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Tata Curvv.EV variant would you buy?
Creative 3 3.00%
Accomplished 13 13.00%
Accomplished + S 25 25.00%
Empowered + 33 33.00%
Empowered + A 26 26.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2024, 19:13   #1
BHPian

Tata Curvv.EV | Which variant would you buy & why?

Tata Curvv.EV | Which variant would you buy & why?-2024_tata_curvv_ev_exterior_01.jpg

Tata Motors introduced the Curvv.EV recently and is packed with many features including Level 2 ADAS. It is available in two battery options - 45 kWh and 55 kWh. Here's a link to our full official review of the car -
(Review Link).

Tata Curvv.EV | Which variant would you buy & why?-screenshot-20240828-094723.png

There are a total of 5 variants on offer. Here's a deep dive into all the variants to help you identify the most valuable trim for your preferences.

Variants Breakdown

Creative

Top Features

- LED Headlamps with Daytime Running Lamps
- 17-inch Steel Wheels
- 7-inch Infotainment
- 7-inch TFT Instrument Cluster
- Wired Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- 6-speakers Audio
- Paddle Shifters For Regen Modes
- Drive Modes
- Rear AC Vents
- Electrically Adjustable ORVMs
- Electrically Operated Tailgate
- Power-adjustable Driver’s Seat
- Vehicle to Vehicle Charging (V2V)
- Vehicle to Load Charging (V2L)
- Six Airbags
- All Wheel Disc Brakes
- Electronic Parking Brake with Auto Hold
- Rear camera
- TPMS
- iRA connected-tech

Accomplished

Top Features Over Creative

- Projector Headlamps
- Connected LED Tail-lamps
- Front Fog Lamps
- Leatherette Upholstery
- Front Armrest
- 17-inch Alloy Wheels
- 10.25-inch Infotainment
- 10.25-inch Instrument Cluster
- 8-speaker Audio
- Type-C 45W Charging Ports

Accomplished+ S

Top Features Over Accomplished

- Auto Headlamp & Defogger
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Rain-sensing Wipers
- Wireless Smartphone Charger
- Arcade.EV App Suite
- 360-degree Camera
- Blind-spot View Monitor

Empowered+

Top Features Accomplished+ S

- 18-inch Alloy Wheels
- 12.3-inch Infotainment
- 9-speaker JBL Audio
- Power-adjustable Front Seats
- Ventilated Front Seats
- Rear Armrest
- Rear Seat Recline
- Ambient Lighting
- Air Purifier
- Frunk

Empowered+ A

Top Features Over Empowered+

- Level 2 ADAS
- SOS Calling
- Door Open Alert

Conclusion

The Creative variant is only if you're extremely tight on the budget. While it does have all the basic features, it feels very bare basic. The Accomplished variant of the Curvv.EV is good value for money. This variant is available with both battery options. It also has all the features that don't make it feel like a bare-bones car.

The Accomplished+ S trim seems like the perfect balance of all the features you need and the features that you want. You get projector headlamps, alloy wheels, a panoramic sunroof, auto wipers and a 360-degree camera as well at a premium of ~Rs. 80,000. You also get Tata's Arcade EV app suite which is quite entertaining itself.

Do let us know what you think is the most value-for-money variant and also if you had to buy the Tata Curvv.EV, which variant would you pick?

Last edited by Omkar : 30th August 2024 at 14:42. Reason: RP
Ripcord09 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 19:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Curvv.EV | Which variant would you buy & why?

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Omkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 08:14   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Empowered+ S for me. The 9-speaker audio, ventilated seats, powered seat, ambient lighting etc. all contribute to a great cabin. I usually choose the top variant, but I hate ADAS, and don't want the hassle of switching it off everytime I drive. So, to the Empowered+ A

Last edited by GTO : 30th August 2024 at 14:15.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 08:55   #4
BHPian

Accomplished (55 kWh) for me. If there had been a Creative 55kWh option, it would have been a tough decision. The only problem with Accomplished over Creative is Leatherette seats. I prefer cloth seats. When it comes to EVs, the choice should be to get as big a battery as one can afford over any other features. More range, less waiting time during the trips, and less range anxiety are more important.
sri_tesla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 09:34   #5
BHPian

Voted for Empowered +

It has everything except ADAS, which I doubt would be useful in Indian conditions. And since it's the initial implementation of ADAS in Tata cars (Harrier, Safari have it!), it's better to avoid it.
Old 29th August 2024, 13:13   #6
BHPian

Voted for Empowered+

Even though it's not VFM, but I wouldn't want to have ADAS in my car. For those on a budget, Accomplished+ S is the one they should go for .
Old 29th August 2024, 13:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Empowered + A. I usually keep my vehicles for minimum five years. So getting the top variant doesn't make my car feel outdated over the years when newer cars or facelifts are launched.
Old 29th August 2024, 14:18   #8
BHPian

Accomplished minus leatherette upholstery will be my choice. With Tata, the less the features, the better, in the long run. How the car would age is another topic, though.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 15:10   #9
BHPian

Voted for Empowered+.

For me this variant has mostly all the features I want to have.
Old 29th August 2024, 15:49   #10
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Voted for Empowered+ due to following features which keep the car relevant for next 8-10 years
  • Ventilated Seats
  • 360 degree camera
  • Front parking sensors
  • Auto dimming IRVM
  • 9 speakers JBL sound system
  • Auto headlamps and Rain sensing wipers
  • Defogger
Old 29th August 2024, 23:04   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Accomplished+ S for me. The 9-speaker audio, ventilated seats, powered seat, ambient lighting etc. all contribute to a great cabin. I usually choose the top variant, but I hate ADAS, and don't want the hassle of switching it off everytime I drive. So, to the Empowered+ A
The features that you have listed are in the Empowered+, not in the Accomplished+ S variant. The second top variant, Empowered + is not equipped with ADAS and has all the features of the top variant except the powered tailgate with gesture control.

Last edited by FrAgile : 29th August 2024 at 23:05.
FrAgile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 08:48   #12
BHPian

My pick would be Accomplished +S Long Range model however for a company that harps on 5 star safety rating, its quite crappy to see basic passive safety feature as a defogger being offered in 3rd variant.
Old 30th August 2024, 09:35   #13
BHPian

EV Warranty T&C and Exclusions - do we have adequate information??

Hello!

Topic related in a different context.

Every time I read someones ownership review about Tata Motor vehicles (ICE / EV) one thing which prominently stands out is the consistent presence of niggles in Tata Motor vehicles impacting consumer experience.

Few of my friends and colleagues own Tata Motor EV’s. The HV Battery's being a critical component and expensive, have been a continuous point of worry among owners. What adds to the worry is the T&C of the standard and extended warranty Tata Motor provides for EV's. It's very elusive.

The Owner's Manual mentions about warranty T&C but the exclusions are mentioned separately in what is called an Extended Warranty Booklet which some have not received or are not aware about and is also not available publicly.

Standard and Extended warranty becomes all the more critical for an EV, which requires the manufacturer to be fair and transparent in providing information. Especially for a manufacturer with increasing instances of failure and consumer bad experience.

In the event of a failure the owner would be at the mercy of the manufacturer’s interpretation to understand what is covered and what is excluded.

Warranty T&C of manufacturers like Tesla, Mercedes-Benz EQ are comparably more mature, informative and transparent.

With numerous Tata EV owners experiencing issues with their vehicles, it is important for prospective owners and owners to understand the Warranty T&C and Exclusions and all the more important for the manufacturer to provide the information upfront transparently.

Post purchase experience is all the more important.
Old 30th August 2024, 10:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Re: EV Warranty T&C and Exclusions - do we have adequate information??

Quote:
Originally Posted by donabrh View Post
Warranty T&C of manufacturers like Tesla, Mercedes-Benz EQ are comparably more mature, informative and transparent.
They have a complete website page dedicated to extended warranty. It includes inclusions and FAQS. For exclusions, they have mentioned on how to get the digital warranty booklet
Quote:
For detailed list of exclusions, please contact your nearest workshop for the Digital Extended Warranty Booklet.

Extended warranty page
ferrarirules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 20:31   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord09 View Post
The Accomplished+ S trim seems like the perfect balance of all the features you need and the features that you want.
I agree that the Accomplished+ S trim has everything needed and can be considered a value for money option. However, if you want something additional (especially when you are spending around 20 lakh), I believe you should consider the Empowered+ trim. It offers a few attractive features like bigger alloy wheel, a large infotainment screen, JBL audio (great for music enthusiasts), and ventilated front seats (a useful feature in Indian weather conditions).

In summary, go with the Accomplished+ S trim if you are on a tight budget, but if you can stretch your budget by Rs 25000, the Empowered+ trim makes more sense.
It's Magic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks