Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2024, 11:40   #106

Re: Tata Curvv EV Review

Hello All,

I have a Nexon prime EV and I am planning to exchange it with Curvv LR model. I came know that no dealers here are maintaining a used EV inventory and they are not sure what will be the worth of my Nexon. They are trying to find a potential buyer before they can confirm exchange. This has been dragging for some time without any conclusion. Is anyone going through a similar situation?

Last edited by Sivanguhan : 22nd August 2024 at 11:57.
Old 22nd August 2024, 12:32   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivanguhan View Post
Hello All,

I have a Nexon prime EV and I am planning to exchange it with Curvv LR model. I came know that no dealers here are maintaining a used EV inventory and they are not sure what will be the worth of my Nexon. They are trying to find a potential buyer before they can confirm exchange. This has been dragging for some time without any conclusion. Is anyone going through a similar situation?
Try Spinny if you are unable to sell within the Ev community. They have partnered with tata to sell used EVs
mally2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 14:30   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mally2 View Post
Try Spinny if you are unable to sell within the Ev community. They have partnered with tata to sell used EVs
I did try spinny for selling the car and I got a reply that they are not buying this model now. It's not so easy upgrading an EV car
Old 22nd August 2024, 14:40   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivanguhan View Post
I did try spinny for selling the car and I got a reply that they are not buying this model now. It's not so easy upgrading an EV car
That’s weird I see 7 listed in Bangalore. May be location specific.
Old 22nd August 2024, 16:19   #110
Senior - BHPian

Spinny is indeed weird. I tried listing my car too. Received same message that they are not purchasing some models. When I called Spinny they acknowledged some issue in website and asked me to visit their showroom. He assured me that they will evaluate my car.

I was offered 7.5 lakhs for my 2022, Nexon EV Prime Dark LX+. Just dropped the idea then and there. Apparently the second hand market for EV has crashed. Even new EV's are not being sold and discounts offered.

Main issue is early adopters have purchased the car and lack of infra is preventing many from purchasing new one. This is more so where this would be the only car in the family.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 19:26   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post

I was offered 7.5 lakhs for my 2022, Nexon EV Prime Dark LX+. Just dropped the idea then and there. Apparently the second hand market for EV has crashed. Even new EV's are not being sold and discounts offered.

And all the Nexon EVs listed on their site are upward of 12 lakh, Weird.
shashant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 19:41   #112
BHPian

Quote:
How many kms have you driven the car for? What is the fair price you expected for the car given a new Nexon LR comes for Rs 17.5 lakhs ex showroom?
Old 22nd August 2024, 22:39   #113
BHPian

I want to test drive Curvv.ev and feel how the car NVH and handling at high speeds (90kmph) and how is the suspension setup to go over pot holed ridden holes in Telangana.

Have any dealerships started to provide test drive of Curvv.ev yet?
Old 23rd August 2024, 08:30   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Curvv deliveries have started.

Dealers report that majority of customers who have booked a Nexon EV or were looking to buy it, wish to upgrade to the Curvv EV.

Quote:
Most of them are those who were interested in the Nexon EV’s higher variants, especially the top-spec Empowered + LR with a 40.5kWh battery and a claimed range of 465km, which has an ex-showroom price of Rs 19.29 lakh and retails at slightly above Rs 20 lakh (on-road), depending on the city. This variant is available at a discount of around Rs 1.5 lakh at most locations, bringing its on-road price to nearly Rs 19 lakh.
On the other hand, the mid-spec Curvv EV Accomplished 55 variant costs Rs 19.25 lakh ex-showroom and around Rs 20.20 lakh on-road.

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 10:09   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
On the other hand, the mid-spec Curvv EV Accomplished 55 variant costs Rs 19.25 lakh ex-showroom and around Rs 20.20 lakh on-road.
The article is wrong, it doesn't talk about the Rs. 1.8 lakh official discounts running on the top variant of Nexon.EV bringing the ex showroom price to around Rs 17.2 lakh. As mentioned in the forum earlier as well, Tata has already adjusted prices of all their electric vehicles to minimize the product overlap
Old 23rd August 2024, 11:00   #116

Quote:
Spinny is indeed weird. I tried listing my car too. Received same message that they are not purchasing some models. When I called Spinny they acknowledged some issue in website and asked me to visit their showroom. He assured me that they will evaluate my car.

Main issue is early adopters have purchased the car and lack of infra is preventing many from purchasing new one. This is more so where this would be the only car in the family.
I was offered 8 lakhs for my 2022 Nexon Prime with 34K Kms on it. I too dropped the idea then.
Old 23rd August 2024, 12:29   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
How many kms have you driven the car for? What is the fair price you expected for the car given a new Nexon LR comes for Rs 17.5 lakhs ex showroom?
Hi. I have driven 34000 Kms in the EV in two years. So my usage is quite good. I was thinking about 9 L for the car would be good. Anyways have decided to stick with this one for now.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 14:03   #118
BHPian

A few months ago, I decided to register on Cars24 just to check the value of my Nexon EV 2022 model with 20k on the odo. They were showing the value to be between 10.6-12.9 lakhs. Not really sure if they are offering that much. I think only the cars with higher battery packs and higher fast charging speeds would fetch a good resale value, as no one is interested in a car with a small battery pack with slower charging speeds.

I still receive messages from Cars24 for the same price range.

Tata Curvv EV Review-screenshot_20240823_111452_messages.jpg
AlphaKiloPapa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 15:51   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
The article is wrong, it doesn't talk about the Rs. 1.8 lakh official discounts running on the top variant of Nexon.EV bringing the ex showroom price to around Rs 17.2 lakh. As mentioned in the forum earlier as well, Tata has already adjusted prices of all their electric vehicles to minimize the product overlap
Even with those discounts for Nexon EV, the base Curvv EV at Rs 17.5 lakhs is a better choice because of faster DC charging, better range due to the bigger battery and much bigger boot space. Also, even the base Currv EV is well-equipped.

Last edited by sri_tesla : 23rd August 2024 at 15:59.
sri_tesla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 16:13   #120
Senior - BHPian

The Curvv is definitely not worth the price considering the cramped rear seat, knees-up position and the low roof. I am 6'1' and it is an extremely claustrophobic car to be in at the back.

I frankly do not know why everyone is so gung-ho about the car. It is not a timeless design and feels like two cars with different characters are stuck to each other.

To me a Nexon ís a much better proportioned car and has decent amount of rear space and seating comfort.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th August 2024 at 09:37. Reason: Minor typo correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks