Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2024, 18:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes showcases Project Maybach Concept Car in Mumbai

The Mercedes-Benz Project Maybach Concept Car has been unveiled at the Nita Mukesh Ambani Cultural Centre (NMACC) in Mumbai.

Mercedes showcases Project Maybach Concept Car in Mumbai-image_1.jpg

The Project Maybach Concept Car is a futuristic electric concept designed by Late Virgil Abloh and Gorden Wagener. This 6-meter-long luxury off-roader with 2 seats, was first showcased at the Miami Art Week in 2021.

Mercedes showcases Project Maybach Concept Car in Mumbai-image_2.jpg

The concept car features an imposing front end with a black fascia, circular LED headlamps and a chrome grille. It has roll-over protection with an integrated roof carrier and auxiliary lamps, a rugged skid plate at the front, and massive off-road tyres.

Mercedes showcases Project Maybach Concept Car in Mumbai-image_3.jpg

The interior features polished aluminium paired with ultra-soft sandy leather, tanned naturally with coffee shells. The jacquard houndstooth-finish headrests can double as blankets. Additionally, the seats can be packed up and removed suitcase-style, allowing them to be used in a high-end tent.

Earlier, Mercedes-Benz had also showcased the Maybach Vision 6, AMG GT and Electric G-Class in India.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 20:07   #2
BHPian

Re: Mercedes showcases Project Maybach Concept Car in Mumbai

Horrendous, is all I can say. Help me unsee this monstrosity!!
Agree it is a 'concept' but this is taking the freedom of expression a bit too far. Can we add a poll to see like / dislike sentiment on this ? Not being sarcastic, but I genuinely want to understand what is it that people like in this and maybe I am not seeing it.
GJ01 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 22:00   #3
BHPian

This looks like a 1980s visualization of the future. Nevertheless, its free press/media, so I guess mercedes executives will be happy.

If only they focussed more on reliability and actually upgraded their cars with each generation vs doing facelifts for years

I thought Santhosh Iyer would do well as Mercedes India head -- but all he's done is pricing increases & marketing new models. No lasting, foundational improvements.
L8ButV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 08:32   #4
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I don't think this looks like a traditional Maybach. It looks like a Mad Max movie prop more than a billionaire's chariot.

If it ever comes in production form to our indian roads, the illegal bull bar will need to be removed!
lemedico is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 11:11   #5
RMN
BHPian

Looks like a vehicle for the ultra-rich during an apocalypse!
RMN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 12:07   #6
BANNED

Looks like a Mutated Rolls Royce
What happened to designers, lack both novelty and aesthetics
Old 6th August 2024, 15:06   #7
BHPian

Going against the tide here, I'm smitten by the concept. In an age of futuristic designs that looks more like a spaceship than a car, this muscle car / mad max inspired Maybach feels like something that is certainly needed to navigate through the maddening traffic that we encounter every day on our roads.

Also, those huge wheels will give cushion like ride quality in the age of ultra low profile wheels that offer a bench like ride quality.

Again, to each their own, so not questioning anyone's opinions either.
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 12:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Going against the tide here, I'm smitten by the concept.
Glad I'm not alone. This is just another Concept from a designers thought process. No production intent. Concepts can be mellow with a 'please-all' design or can be in-your-face 'love it or hate it'.

The target audience for such a concept is the 1% of the 1% who wants to shock and awe and I'm sure that bunch of blokes are finding an appeal.

As a pure Design study, I like it.
14000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks