Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2024, 19:04   #76
BHPian

Re: MG Cloud spotted testing in India. EDIT: Named Windsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
If you look at Indonesia price where both the ZS EV and cloud EV is sold, the Cloud EV is only 1 lakh cheaper than the ZS EV variant sold there. Variants sold in Indonesia are equal to the Exclusive and Essence variants sold here.
I don't think this is fair comparison. Wuling Cloud is only sold in one well-equipped variant with 50 KWh battery and almost all comfort features like auto lights & wipers, electric seats, leather seats, 18" wheels, ADAS, 360 camera etc. Only feature I could see missing at a quick glance is sunroof and two side airbags!

Also MG ZS base (Ignite) variant in Indonesia is equipped almost same as our excite pro variant except for Sunroof in India vs leather seats + partial ADAS suite in Indonesia.

So I would infer that top spec Wuling Cloud (399M IDR) is cheaper than Base Spec of MG ZS (413M IDR) in Indonesia.

It would imagine top spec Windsor with 50 kwh battery at 19-20L and base spec Windsor with 39 kwh battery at 13-14L.

Last edited by Comrade : 9th August 2024 at 19:10.
Comrade is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 19:10   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
Windsor has a wheelbase far bigger in size than the Curvv EV and it's overall a slightly bigger vehicle than the Curvv. So there is no way it will priced that low. If you look at Indonesia price where both the ZS EV and cloud EV is sold, the Cloud EV is only 1 lakh cheaper than the ZS EV variant sold there. Variants sold in Indonesia are equal to the Exclusive and Essence variants sold here.
Pricing depends on factors like competition, targeted volumes, localization, current raw material costs (batteries), demand, etc... We cannot simply estimate pricing for the Cloud EV in India based on pricing for different products in another country. Pricing between different products from MG (SAIC/Wuling) is much closer in India. ZS EV (413m IDR), Cloud EV(398m IDR), and Binguo EV(372m IDR) are all priced very close to each other even though they belong to different segments, battery capacities, and form factors.

In India, MG has to price their products, based on the competition of the Indian market. Otherwise, they will not get much traction. Tata priced their EVs (Nexon EV facelift, Punch EV) higher and was forced to discount them quickly due to competition and low sales. They have now priced the Currv EV much lower than the Nexon EV facelift due to declining sales and competition from MG and Mahindra. Currv EV essentially obsoletes almost all Nexon EV variants and even top-end punch EV variants as it has a much bigger battery, faster charging, and more space. With Windsor EV, MG has a great chance to take sales not just from EV competition but also from the ICE vehicles if they price it well. They have two different battery options to cover the Rs 12L to Rs 20L market.
sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 20:19   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

And the teaser:

volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 20:52   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
It would imagine top spec Windsor with 50 kwh battery at 19-20L and base spec Windsor with 39 kwh battery at 13-14L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Pricing depends on factors like competition, targeted volumes, localization, current raw material costs (batteries), demand, etc...

In India, MG has to price their products, based on the competition of the Indian market. Otherwise, they will not get much traction.... They have two different battery options to cover the Rs 12L to Rs 20L market.
The thing is the ZS EV localization will be a lot more, the body, interior trims, seats, headlights, tail lights, alloy wheels etc are all shared with the Astor.

Same applies to Nexon and the Curvv.

Where as the Windsor EV is a all electric platform, so right off the bat they don't have economies of scale in India. Can Windsor EV eventually outsell the combined sales of Astor and ZS EV, quite possible.

Now with regard to a starting price of 12L, even a Nexon LR with its current discount costs more and that is a much smaller car than the Windsor. The Windsor base variant even with a slightly smaller battery will still have better efficiency being a Born EV and a lesser kW motor.

Can MG still price it less than Nexon, they absolutely can. Considering the low battery prices and SAIC being vertically integrated vs Tata still buying the EV powertrain from China.

But will they do it, well let's hope so.
DIY410 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 22:18   #80
BHPian

MG is going to hit where it hurts. Both Nexon ev LR and CURVV LR rear seat space is limited. If Windsor can provide good legroom and thigh support it will eat into Tata’s Ev share.
BlueGod is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 11:56   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

MG Windsor India debut on September 11.

The Windsor EV will sit between Comet EV and ZS EV in MG India’s electric car portfolio. Likely to be priced under Rs 20 lakhs.

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th August 2024 at 11:57.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 13:38   #82
BHPian

Now then, MG is going to set the cat among the curvy harriers and other EV birds. It has certain advantages since being a China born(JSW, sorry) However they have to expand their network or they will meet the same fate of Jeep in India. I am yet to see an MG service centre in a tier 2 town in India
TopLiveCentre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 14:24   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopLiveCentre View Post
Now then, MG is going to set the cat among the curvy harriers and other EV birds. It has certain advantages since being a China born(JSW, sorry) However they have to expand their network or they will meet the same fate of Jeep in India. I am yet to see an MG service centre in a tier 2 town in India
I would consider indore as a tier two town and we have had a really good showroom with service center since the hector launched. My acquaintance that own MG have a positive ownership experience. I like the lineup of MG in India, it's balanced, value for money and is also seeing constant upgrades. I am highly considering the Windsor EV as a replacement to seltos after watching a few videos and specs from the Chinese variants. The ZS ev is a bit above our budget and if priced right, Windsor can be a really good city car. I believe that MG is on the right track to grow. Their investments were stopped due to govt. intervention on Chinese investments which caused a hiccup.
DesertStorm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 17:00   #84
BHPian

This popped up on my twitter. Some pics of lower variant interiors from China.

- Smaller Infotainment Screen
- Fabric Seats with manual adjustment
- No mood lighting
- No accents on door card
- No ADAS camera
- No 360 cameras
- No sunroof

Twitter

MG Cloud spotted testing in India. EDIT: Named Windsor-img_1867.jpeg

MG Cloud spotted testing in India. EDIT: Named Windsor-img_1865.jpeg

MG Cloud spotted testing in India. EDIT: Named Windsor-img_1866.jpeg

Last edited by Comrade : 13th August 2024 at 17:01.
Comrade is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 17:35   #85
BHPian

Quote:

- Smaller Infotainment Screen
- Fabric Seats with manual adjustment
- No mood lighting
- No accents on door card
- No ADAS camera
- No 360 cameras
- No sunroof

Twitter
Hi, I think this is 10.8 inches screen in the lower variants. It will be great if MG launch Windsor at an attractive price of Rs.13.99 lacs for the Excite Pro 37.5kWh variant ((12.99 lacs if they launch Executive variant with 37.5kWh battery pack) and go maximum 18.99 lacs for the top of the line 50kWh variant.
GoBabyGo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 12:41   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

MG Windsor in Udaipur-Teaser promotes the car for its versatility and adaptability, water wading capability and making it suitable for a range of travel needs – from daily commutes to weekend getaways.

MUV masked as a SUV

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th August 2024 at 12:46.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 16:59   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Every time i see the front of this car, I think what will happen to that compound headlight when a friendly auto or two wheeler nicks the bumper. It is very common in traffic in India for the front corner of the bumper to get nicked.

Alot of manufacturers have moved headlight to bumpers but in this one it wraps around and has no protruding plastics which will take the hit before it reaches the headlamp.

Last edited by ferrarirules : 14th August 2024 at 17:22.
ferrarirules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 17:47   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Every time i see the front of this car, I think what will happen to that compound headlight when a friendly auto or two wheeler nicks the bumper..
True that. The design looks concerning enough. Waiting to see how it will turn out.
Old 14th August 2024, 18:02   #89
BHPian

I saw the video of this car on MotorOctane from Indonesia. The boot space and back seats look really massive. As of now, only styling is not working well for me here. Else, it is looking like a really well packaged call.

Old 16th August 2024, 23:45   #90
BHPian

The height looks very small, but specs say 1655mm. Is this information correct?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks