Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2024, 08:13   #61
BHPian

Re: MG Cloud spotted testing in India. EDIT: Named Windsor

According to the Wuling Indonesia website, it has only 4 airbags. That seems disappointing.
I hope MG fixes it and brings it with 6 airbags. In Indonesia it starts at 21L, assuming it is priced similarly here, it has to be 4-5 stars.
most of the cars at that price point are 5 star rated (Slavia, Virtus, Verna, Taigun, Kushaq, Nexon)

Even the ZS EV has a 5 star rating. It would be a shame if this car was any less.

Wuling

MG Cloud spotted testing in India. EDIT: Named Windsor-screenshot-20240802-8.12.19-am.png

Last edited by chiekennugget : 2nd August 2024 at 08:15.
chiekennugget is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 10:05   #62
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I think MG India is trying very, very, very hard to avoid any "China Association". That is probably the reason for the change of name. Those who know, they know. However, in a country as spread out as India, I doubt more than 5% of the target audience will be aware of the Chinese origin of these products.
Contrapunto is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 10:43   #63
BHPian

Not all in this range have good safety rating: Creta, Seltos, Carens, Alcazar to name a few.

I think we are not going to get the Indonesian version, considering the lack of a panoramic sunroof and the presence of just 4 airbags.
The Chinese version has 4 + 2 curtain airbags. I found the below regarding safety features of the car.

MG Cloud spotted testing in India. EDIT: Named Windsor-capture.png

Last edited by utkarshgoel : 2nd August 2024 at 10:44.
utkarshgoel is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 11:22   #64
BHPian

Could have easily called it the MG "Nimbus" instead.

Nimbus is a type of cloud and would also be fitting due to its VW Bus like overall stance.
ZenMaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 13:12   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Every team India medalist in Paris 2024 Olympics to get new MG Windsor EV as gift: JSW

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd August 2024 at 13:13.
volkman10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 16:13   #66
BHPian

While I have bashed this design else where in the forum, I have a feel that the car is going to be well equipped and will meet the safety standard. Going through the cloud ev review on youtube I found Wuling has placed the headlamp and other controls in the infotainment which doesn't make sense and it remains to be seen if MG does the same or not.

Also I think the car will look great in flashy colors and in person, but that remains to be seen.
nimbus1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 08:33   #67
BHPian

This has the exterior dimensions of the Creta and wheel base of the Ertiga. Huge internal space, great package, people mover appearance, all bells and whistles. MG has winner on their hands!

Hope this is with the European standard CCS charging port for India.

This is going to redefine the 15 to 25 lakhs segment. All other car manufacturers likely to sweat if MG prices it right.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th August 2024 at 09:19. Reason: typos
KeepItSimple is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 08:48   #68
Team-BHP Support

While it still seems unlikely I’d pick an EV over a strong hybrid even if I was buying 3 years down the line, I still do sit somewhat 50:50 on this debate at times. For a car that’s sub 20-25 lakh, I might actually be willing to take a chance on an EV, just to experience a better product as long as I’m conscious it might be heavily city or short highway trip biased in my world.

With that backdrop, the Cloud does seem promising. It’s got lots of interior space and comfort, not trying to cram 3 rows instead providing a spacious roomy experience as a two row car. It seems to be perfect for almost everything in the city for self and chauffeur use case, including airport runs.

Will watch this one keenly when it launches. I’m not able to understand how they differentiate the ZS EV and this though with such a close price zone. Is it just range or is even that the same?
Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 11:08   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I might actually be willing to take a chance on an EV, just to experience a better product as long as I’m conscious it might be heavily city or short highway trip biased in my world.
I am considering an EV exactly for this requirement but do not feel like spending 20L + 20% on taxes & insurance in Telangana on a completely sorted product like MG ZS. And don’t have faith (yet) on Tata & Mahindra.

Quote:
With that backdrop, the Cloud does seem promising. It’s got lots of interior space and comfort, not trying to cram 3 rows instead providing a spacious roomy experience as a two row car. It seems to be perfect for almost everything in the city for self and chauffeur use case, including airport runs.
Perfectly put. Seems very practical car except for the quirky front styling. Hopefully practicality will win over.

Quote:
I’m not able to understand how they differentiate the ZS EV and this though with such a close price zone. Is it just range or is even that the same?
If we go by Indonesia and Chinese pricing, this car should be around 14-18L ex-showroom. If they can price it in this band, it will be completely VFM compared to Nexon or XUV400.
Comrade is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 16:17   #70

I can't help but admire the design Honda gave Jazz in 2010 and how similar is Windsor (Cloud) is going to be. My jazz is 15 years now and even though the only car I have driven continuously, it might be on of the safest, most thoughtful, reliable vehicle. Windsor is Jazz 2.0 and can be game changer!
Attached Images

ron_maxx is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 19:02   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Do not be surprised if MG's Windsor is disguised as a SUV

Quote:
MG Windsor (global model Cloud) will get higher ground clearance in the 200-210mm range. That's substantial. The current crop of crossovers/ urban SUVs (Creta, upcoming Basalt), which are mostly in the 170-190 mm range. Even ZS EV is 177 mm. Only Nexon is 208mm.
MG Cloud spotted testing in India. EDIT: Named Windsor-gunrlaxyaaahyo.jpg

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 20:14   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Do not be surprised if MG's Windsor is disguised as a SUV

Attachment 2637072

Link:
I checked the ZS EV with a Bosch laser meter and its 215mm under the battery skid plate, 203mm below the rear torrsion beams lowest point. The only point lower than that was the point measured below the rear coil spring mount which is irrelevant.

Last edited by DIY410 : 5th August 2024 at 20:16.
DIY410 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 15:56   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

MG Windsor to get reclining rear seats.MG Windsor will go on sale by late September

The MG Windsor EV will go on sale in the coming months and will be positioned above the Comet.

MG Cloud spotted testing in India. EDIT: Named Windsor-20240809024754_mg_windsor_rear_seats_logo.jpg

Quote:
MG has shown the rear passenger compartment of the Windsor EV, confirming several features: rear AC vents, a three-passenger rear seat with dedicated three-point seat belts for all, a rear centre armrest, and faux leather seats with a large honeycomb pattern stitching. MG Motor India says the rear seats will recline up to 135 degrees. The teaser also shows ample rear legroom, which looks more than adequate for a 5-passenger vehicle.
Gets two battery pack options overseas: 37.9kWh and 50.6kWh, with ranges of 360km and 460km, respectively. These models are powered by a permanent magnet synchronous motor that produces 134hp. MG Motor India recently confirmed that the Windsor will get battery and powertrain components sourced from Indian suppliers which means power output and range could vary.

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th August 2024 at 16:00.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 16:22   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
MG Windsor to get reclining rear seats.MG Windsor will go on sale by late September

Gets two battery pack options overseas: 37.9kWh and 50.6kWh, with ranges of 360km and 460km, respectively. These models are powered by a permanent magnet synchronous motor that produces 134hp. MG Motor India recently confirmed that the Windsor will get battery and powertrain components sourced from Indian suppliers which means power output and range could vary.
Hi, look like MG is expected to launch Windsor at a starting price of 12.99 lacs for 37.9kWh battery pack and go upto 18.99 lacs for the top of the line 50.6kWh battery pack. I am expecting that Windsor will not compete with Curvv.ev and sit slightly below Curvv.ev in pricing & positioning, although space management wise Windsor EV has big advantage over Curvv.ev.
GoBabyGo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 18:09   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
Hi, look like MG is expected to launch Windsor at a starting price of 12.99 lacs for 37.9kWh battery pack and go upto 18.99 lacs for the top of the line 50.6kWh battery pack. I am expecting that Windsor will not compete with Curvv.ev and sit slightly below Curvv.ev in pricing & positioning, although space management wise Windsor EV has big advantage over Curvv.ev.
Windsor has a wheelbase far bigger in size than the Curvv EV and it's overall a slightly bigger vehicle than the Curvv. So there is no way it will priced that low. If you look at Indonesia price where both the ZS EV and cloud EV is sold, the Cloud EV is only 1 lakh cheaper than the ZS EV variant sold there. Variants sold in Indonesia are equal to the Exclusive and Essence variants sold here.

Last edited by DIY410 : 9th August 2024 at 18:14.
DIY410 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks