Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2024, 15:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record

Xiaomi unveiled its SU7 electric sports car last year to take on the likes of the Porsche Taycan. Now, the company has furthered the ante with the sportscar's latest iteration, the SU7 Ultra.

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-xiaomisu7ultra1.jpg

The new Xiaomi SU7 Ultra will be the flagship model and will focus heavily on track use. The prototype features a bunch of upgrades over the standard SU7, in terms of design, aerodynamics & powertrain.

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-xiaomisu7ultra2.jpg

The SU7 Ultra will feature three electric motors, two from Xiaomi's latest V8 Series and one from the existing V6 series. The three e-motors will put out a combined output of a whopping 1,548 BHP. Xiaomi claims the powertrain will allow the SU7 Ultra to sprint from 0-100 km/h in just 1.97 seconds while 0-200 km/h comes in 5.96 seconds. It is also said to have a top speed of 350 km/h.

Battery details of the SU7 Ultra haven't yet been revealed, although, it is said to use CATL's latest Qilin II, which, with an 897 V charger can go from 0-100% in just 12 minutes. Xiaomi also claims that even with 20% SOC, the battery is capable of offering "greater than 1,072 BHP".

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-xiaomisu7ultra3.jpg

The flagship electric hypercar from the smartphone brand tips the scale at 1,900 kg. The car uses carbon fibre across all its body panels, which have been modified to improve both aerodynamics & cooling performance - compared to the regular model. There is also a large wing at the rear, generating 2,145 kg of peak downforce. The SU7 Ultra is also capable of providing 0.6G of regenerative braking force, allowing the car to brake from 100 km/h to still in just 25 metres.

Xiaomi aims to make the SU7 Ultra the fastest 4-door car ever made. The company has already planned to take the pre-production iteration of the hypercar around the Nurburgring in October this year. The final production-spec model will also have a go around the iconic track sometime in 2025.

Source: Electrek

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 22nd July 2024 at 15:59.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 16:36   #2
BHPian

Re: Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record

The fascia of the car looks similar to the McLaren 720s GT3.
Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-5cab189a3be192406e8044c2_ben-barnicoat-mclaren-gt-7.jpg

The rear of the car is similar to the Hyundai Ioniq 6.
Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-2023_hyundai_ioniq_609_717.jpg
chiekennugget is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 17:28   #3

Re: Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiekennugget View Post
The fascia of the car looks similar to the McLaren 720s GT3.
Attachment 2630783

The rear of the car is similar to the Hyundai Ioniq 6.
Attachment 2630784
I think its time we stop discrediting Chinese automobiles based on some farfetched resemblance to some other car. Ultimately, just like mobile phones, every car will start looking similar because thats the most efficient design.

Chinese automobile industry is pushing the industry forward - We should appreciate and take inspiration from them.
SRTPorsche is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 20:57   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTPorsche View Post
I think its time we stop discrediting Chinese automobiles based on some farfetched resemblance to some other car.
I'm sorry sir, but I don't think BHPian chiekenugget "discredited" Chinese automobiles in his post at all. He just pointed out the fact that this model bears resemblance to two other models, that's it!

Quote:
Ultimately, just like mobile phones, every car will start looking similar because thats the most efficient design.
Car design can't be compared to smartphone design (Android phones). Look at the smartphone market today and you'll realise that almost every phone has the same design, more or less (not talking about the material of the back panel). We've seen rectangular camera housings, circular ones, two/three/four camera modules stacked vertically, etc. Tomorrow, we may see a different design. In the smartphone industry, brands copy the same design and no one cares, but that's not how it works with car designs because the car world is entirely different!

If we go by your logic sir, we should have seen different cars launching with the same design, which isn't the case. Even though it may be efficient, brands will not do it because they know that they have to give their products an identity of their own. After all, cars are 10-1000x times more expensive than mobile phones, certainly people don't want universal designs when you spend that kind of money! Moreover, as consumers, we should push brands to constantly experiment instead of being content with what they do, else how will they improve? As enthusiasts, I think it isn't wrong to set high expectations from brands because if we don't, they will settle down and stay in their comfort zone.

Quote:
Chinese automobile industry is pushing the industry forward - We should appreciate and take inspiration from them.
Absolutely! I for one am extremely impressed with the BYD Seal considering the performance and value proposition is brings on the table (I've sat in one and the interiors are just wow). Also, the fact that the SU7 Ultra has more power than a legacy car like the Chiron is crazy. But that doesn't mean we can't criticize them, right .

Sorry for going off-topic. Cheers!

Last edited by CentreOfGravity : 22nd July 2024 at 21:00.
CentreOfGravity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 23:14   #5
BHPian

Quote:
I think its time we stop discrediting Chinese automobiles based on some farfetched resemblance to some other car.
I didn't discredit anyone, I just pointed out a mere observation I had. The Ioniq 6 comparison is a bit silly (I admit that) but, the front fascia bears a lot of resemblance. The comparison isn't far fetched.

Those headlights with a DRL running across the middle is the most iconic part of the 720s. In fact, their halo car Senna has the same kind of headlights.

Quote:
Absolutely, no need to disagree/discuss on that.

We ourselves own an MG car, which is an absolutely amazing vehicle.
In fact, the BYD seal looks better than the Mercedes EQS, BMW iX in my opinion.

Last edited by chiekennugget : 22nd July 2024 at 23:17.
chiekennugget is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 09:31   #6

Love the new aspiration that Xiaomi is showing in the industry, but I can't for the life of me ignore that 'Ultra' text being in literally the same font as 'Turbo' in Porsches.
Old 23rd July 2024, 12:08   #7
RMN
BHPian

Quote:
I think its time we stop discrediting Chinese automobiles based on some farfetched resemblance to some other car. Ultimately, just like mobile phones, every car will start looking similar because thats the most efficient design.

How is it discrediting when there is an obvious resemblance? I though McLaren the moment I saw the front and Porche when I saw the rear. And tbh, people just don't do that with Chinese products. Around this forum itself Indian and other foreign manufactures have been pulled up for the same.
Old 23rd July 2024, 13:05   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMN View Post
How is it discrediting when there is an obvious resemblance? I though McLaren the moment I saw the front and Porche when I saw the rear. And tbh, people just don't do that with Chinese products. Around this forum itself Indian and other foreign manufactures have been pulled up for the same.
A car from a specific category will tend to look the same because that is the most optimal design following the regulations. A hypercar will be optimised for better aerodynamics. Once that has been achieved, every car will converge towards that design because it is the most efficient one.

There are hundreds of expert articles online explaining why this happens - one such example:

https://www.motortrend.com/features/...-cars-so-ugly/

At the risk of sounding like a Chinese apologist, I believe it's unfair to the team that has put in a ton of hard work by just calling it a cheap copy.
Old 23rd July 2024, 14:32   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

While Design can be debated, what about the sheer power it produces. Will have to see how it behaves in real life, but that are amazing specifications.

Ultra sounds like a carry forward from mobiles, and we might not like it but there is a good chance other might copy this trend and Turbo being replaced by Ultra in EV world.

It's mind-blowing how far Xiaomi has come at-least on the specification front to be already compared to Industry big wings.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 16:07   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

SU7 Ultra Prototype, a concept that prefigures an even more brutal version than the Max

1900kg and 1548hp
0-100 in 1.97 seconds and 200 km/h in 5.96 seconds
Recharge to 80% in 12 minutes

The Xiaomi SU7 takes 7 minutes to travel the 21 km of Nürburgring
Quote:
The SU7 Ultra prototype has a brutal maximum power, with no less than 1,548 hp that it takes to all four wheels. According to the brand, it only needs 1.97 seconds to reach 100 km/h, 200 km/h in 5.96 seconds and its Qilin CATL battery is recharged to 80 percent in twelve minutes, pointing to having stopped the clock on the German track in a time of only 7:07 minutes. A record that they will try to beat, supposedly, notary in between, in October,
Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-screenshot-20240723-160454.png

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-screenshot-20240723-160550.png

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-screenshot-20240723-160534.png

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-screenshot-20240723-160519.png

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-screenshot-20240723-160613.png

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd July 2024 at 16:09.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 18:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Lei Jun, CEO of Xiaomi

Quote:
Why do companies like Ferrari and Porsche make such great cars? I found out that their CEOs and founders are race car drivers themselves. This inspired me to get my own racing license.
Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-20240723_180100.jpg

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-20240723_180103.jpg

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-20240723_180107.jpg

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-20240723_180319.jpg

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-20240723_180322.jpg

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-20240723_180324.jpg

Xiaomi SU7 Ultra is a 1,548 BHP 4-door electric hypercar; Aims Nurburgring lap record-20240723_180331.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 23rd July 2024 at 18:06.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 10:40   #12
RMN
BHPian

Quote:
I believe it's unfair to the team that has put in a ton of hard work by just calling it a cheap copy.
Who did? Neither did I nor the other member and that's what we are trying to explain.

While what you stated is true to some sense, I doubt that really applies to this but I'm not going to argue that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks