Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2023, 17:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

We've got our hands on the first spy images of the Tata Curvv prototype. The SUV coupe was spotted in a parking lot alongside a couple of other test mules.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-img20230710wa0006.jpg

The Tata Curvv SUV coupe was unveiled in near-production form at Auto Expo 2023. The test mule looks quite similar to the Nexon with its coupe-like roof line. Tata has gone to great lengths to hide the rear end of the car, which will feature a steeply raked windshield and sleek, angular tail lamp units.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-9f2fa9bea2tiotlnp6g0d.jpg

The Curvv is expected to adopt Tata's next-gen cabin design. The pre-production car we saw earlier this year had a three-layer dashboard with multiple screens.

As far as powertrain options are concerned, the Tata Curvv could be offered with a turbo-petrol engine. The carmaker also plans to offer a pure-electric version of the SUV. It is likely to be based on Tata’s Gen 2 EV architecture.

Thanks to Abhi for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 11th July 2023 at 17:20.
TusharK is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 17:58   #2

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

As usual Tata will be sort of a first mover and then Mahindra will come and become the market leader (XUV 900)
Kurrant is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 19:49   #3
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

I just wish they manage to match the power and torque figures as well as price tag competitive with respect to Creta, without loosing it's USP of solid build quality. Gimmicky features may be avoided to keep the prices in check. If I need a suite of electronic features, I should go get Creta. But since I want to upgrade from my Nexon within same rugged build and 5 star safety, Curvv will be my only option.
Risky4327 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 21:22   #4
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrant View Post
As usual Tata will be sort of a first mover and then Mahindra will come and become the market leader (XUV 900)
I see Mahindra, to be leaders, only in SUV segment and ICE power trains.
Their scorpio and XUV lineup are hot cakes.
Xuv 300 and rest of the models are just about average(sales).

TATA is leading in EV segment, their ICE and CNG lineup are also catching up pretty fast. But, they need a good petrol engine, like their competitors.

Good to see indian manufacturers, catching up soon and sad to see the Prices, shooting up exorbitantly since the BS6 phase.
bkc is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 22:39   #5
BHPian

Could've tried just a *bit* harder with the camouflage

Last edited by slango97 : 11th July 2023 at 22:39. Reason: Fixed typo
slango97 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 08:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
We've got our hands on the first spy images of the Tata Curvv prototype
To me it looks like a raised Tata Manza, especially that boot.
sreerknair is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 09:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happened quite the opposite in the Micro SUV segment

KUV 100 started it and Punch ruled it.
ashutoshb is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 09:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In fact M&M was the first mover in EVs, a la Reva, Verito electric etc... or small SUVs, KUV100. It shows nothing is set in stone in this business.
shortbread is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 10:31   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
To me it looks like a raised Tata Manza, especially that boot.
Exactly! The base plate with extended wheel base is already done with the Manza. I always had a thought in the back of my mind that TATA could easily make a 7 seater MPV/SUV based on the Manza platform. I always think that it was a missed opportunity.

But, boom!, we have it in the modern avatar in the form of coupe. Anyways, this time they are at it when the coupe segment is just in the midst of bloom. I hope they hit a success this time. Only issue is that it enters a hotly contested segment. It becomes a small car in the midst of big bosses. The car's internal dimensions are smaller compared to Creta/ Seltos and Vitara/ Urban Cruiser and also German twins, if the car is same as the current Nexon. Because of length it will get into the higher price bracket. They have to attack with either looks, features or sheer size, the last of which is deficient.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 11:22   #10
BANNED

Curvv or any surprise thrown in form a Sedan/Notchback by Tata.

The cladding at the rear doesn't really show as a sloping roof but instead a three box car.
Old 12th July 2023, 11:25   #11
BHPian

Quote:
XUV 9OO was a coupe based on the W201 that came into existence in 2011. However, W201 is no more under consideration by Mahindra for any of their future products. Hence XUV 9OO remians a concept till date.

When W601 came into existence with the XUV7OO, it was considered to be a replacement of XUV5OO. Mahindra was quick to respond with the statement that XUV5OO will be temporarily discontinued.

An all new SUV codenamed S301 has been in the works as a replacement of the now discontinued XUV5OO . This all new SUV (S301) which will be smaller than the defunct XUV5OO will have 5 seats and will slot in between XUV3OO and XUV7OO. The original plan was to develop a rival to the Creat jointly with Ford using the latter's B772 platform. Now that the joint venture with Ford called off, Mahindra is back to the drawing board and the S301 is most likely to use the extended wheelbase platform of the Tivoli (XUV3OO). This SsangYong X100 platform is heavy as well as expensive. With the experience and learnings it gained in designing the W601 platform, Mahindra is confident of reducing the weight of the X100 platform.

It is also to be noted that there is a Tivol XLV already existing in the International markets.

Neverthless, XUV9OO coupe is no more under consideration by Mahindra as of now and S301 is not an immediate priority for the company as they are gearing up for the THAR 5 door launch followed by plethora of Electric Vehicles already showcased to the public.

Also a comprehensive makeover of the XUV3OO is also on the cards.

I do not forsee an immediate threat either to the CURVV or NEXON from Mahindra in the immediate future.
Adorablejim is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 12:07   #12
e46
BHPian

What is this fad of having such a high beltline? I think it makes the rear passenger area claustrophobic with the glass area as high as the neck. I find the same with Altroz and Nexon.

A horizontal one gives a more suv'ish stance imo rather than a hatch based crossover.
e46 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 13:35   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

The lines look good, and not angular like the Nexon. XUV700 like flush door handles too. Though the rear kinda looks too steeped.
But given the segment and the size, we cannot be expecting the looks of the luxury German brands. Though something like a mini Kodiaq GT would have looked cooler instead of a mini Tiguan X, Arkana.

Quote:
The XUV900 would be of a higher segment, above the XUV700 with appropriate engines and drivetrains. The Curvv is more like looking to pioneer a sub segment in the hotly contested Creta segment.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 14:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Was this the EV Curvv or the ICE Curvv. I think Tata wants to launch the EV first. Could this be the EV that Tata intends to launch in the last quarter of this fiscal (Jan - March 2024)?
safari_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 16:39   #15
BHPian

I hope they get stock led lights and those lights can be leveraged for the likes of the Nexons and punches. Some wishful thinking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks